Are relationships always this complicated?

Page 10 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:16 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Cmon, Sly!

Now, you're not being rational.

How is 27 the end for men? That makes no sense, sir!

I'm twice that age...exactly....and there's no end in sight for me!

At 27, I was not in a steady relationship. I was sleeping around (which is pretty much the same as having nobody at all). I just had a high school diploma. My job wasn't that great.

27 just might only the beginning for you! And I'm not being overly optimistic, or some jackoff with rose-colored glasses.

for love. if you haven't had any relationships by 27 then its not going to happen. women don't like 30 year old virgins who never had a gf. "if he hasn't had a gf by then something is seriously wrong with him. Avoid at all cost"

you'd had relationships even if they didn't last which is actually expected. unless you're a guy who has had relationships, and is well off financially 27 is the end. at 30 women want perfect guys who have relationship experience and are in a place to settle down buy a nice house and have kids. ie "have their stuff together".

sadly I'm just not the type of guy who can be truly happy being alone never touched with tons of objects. I've met some who are quite content just living alone with their cars and guns, or train sets etc. I'm just not. I've already obtained all that i need. Now I'm looking at buying things for just buying them. I likely won't use or need them, but what else do I have to live for. glock 42 for example is in a different caliber , its weaker, smaller, then i need. goes against my needing to go to from 5 calibers to 2-3 to afford to shoot. but meh. when I get a job I'll have extra money to spend but no real thing to spend it on. even still I eventually buy all that I want and temporary desire and be surrounded by objects I don't use and bought at some attempt to make up for not having love in my life. its scary rather then hopeful that I guess it should be. I use to look forward to buying things I wanted but not anymore, its just a depressingly repeating cycle that when it comes to an end is going be a big blow up. like desiring to buy another tv and expensive slitter so I can watch two things at once. >.> nothing to look forward to. also all birthdays does is to remind me another year closer to death and another failed pointless existence of life. should stop hijacking his thread though. sorry RetroGamer87

Uhm, I am my boyfriends first girlfriend and he is nearly 28. He is very very skinny. He is a nerd and a gamer. He was bullied and beaten up when he was younger, and use to be very insecure when it came to women. I fell for him because he was positive, funny, confident, intelligent. You have such a warped and strangely biased view on life, relationships and society.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 3:28 pm

you and me live in different nations, cultures, and societies. even state to state in the us brings different cultures. I deal with what women here are like not how women in Europe are.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm

I'd bet you'd do well with a European woman, actually.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 4:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is that a picture of your girlfriend?
That's not a picture of my girlfriend, that's a picture of the overly attached girlfriend meme.

You can tell that's not a picture of my girlfriend because she's not Asian looking. My girlfriend doesn't look as nice as that. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way Asian girls look, I just wish she was one of those cute Asian girls like the ones I see on the train everyday.

I don't think I have any pictures of her since she deleted her Facebook account and made me delete my Oasis account. She didn't too bad in pictures but then I caught her altering her selfies in Photoshop. Being a visual arts major she's a wiz at Photoshop.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm

She seems pretty intelligent.

Intelligence is of the utmost importance, as far as I'm concerned.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 5:09 pm

True.

In the past I rejected a girl who was infatuated with me purely due to a lack of intelligence.

Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 27 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 5:10 pm

Anyway I guess this girl must be fairly bright since she speaks five languages.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm

sly279 wrote:
when they actually meet a guy with no experience then they start to question why he has none, and go through all the bad reasons it must be why.
Do you think if a guy had ten exes, women would question what he had done wrong to get dumped ten times?
sly279 wrote:
but everyone is expected to have atleast 1 ex, the common saying is you your first love never lasts, its part of growing up. high school sweethearts come to mind.
From what I've observed, most high school relationships don't really count for much. At that age they don't have the emotional maturity to form serious relationships.

I even read an article about what women should do if they're a guy's first boyfriend and it said "he's never had a girlfriend except in high school so you're his first", the implication being that high school relationships count for nothing.
sly279 wrote:
no, but having a lot of exes isn't the same as having exes, both having no exes and having a lot are bad, they are opposite ends of the spectrum. they want the middle part.
If their requirements are too specific they will die alone. Do you think girls truly expect perfection?
sly279 wrote:
no actually its from news articles and forums. I've been dreading turning 27 since 22. since most people seem to agree thats when your odds of getting a relationship drops a ton close to 0 chance.
But then why is it that guys such as myself and Professorjohn had their first relationship aftertheir twenty seventh birthday. Maybe women like a certain level of maturity. You're not a statistic Sly. If news and forums say such a thing, then prove them wrong. Defy our ridiculous culture and make your own fate.
sly279 wrote:
don't talk to women. I'm not confident. I'm not a alpha male. I'm submissive, kind hearted, non violent, and romantic. I tired of having to feel ashamed of being me.
You don't have a confident personality? But you control every word you say. You can choose your personality. You can choose to be confident. We all choose who we want to be so be someone you admire.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 9:39 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
when they actually meet a guy with no experience then they start to question why he has none, and go through all the bad reasons it must be why.
Do you think if a guy had ten exes, women would question what he had done wrong to get dumped ten times?
sly279 wrote:
but everyone is expected to have atleast 1 ex, the common saying is you your first love never lasts, its part of growing up. high school sweethearts come to mind.
From what I've observed, most high school relationships don't really count for much. At that age they don't have the emotional maturity to form serious relationships.

I even read an article about what women should do if they're a guy's first boyfriend and it said "he's never had a girlfriend except in high school so you're his first", the implication being that high school relationships count for nothing.
sly279 wrote:
no, but having a lot of exes isn't the same as having exes, both having no exes and having a lot are bad, they are opposite ends of the spectrum. they want the middle part.
If their requirements are too specific they will die alone. Do you think girls truly expect perfection?
sly279 wrote:
no actually its from news articles and forums. I've been dreading turning 27 since 22. since most people seem to agree thats when your odds of getting a relationship drops a ton close to 0 chance.
But then why is it that guys such as myself and Professorjohn had their first relationship aftertheir twenty seventh birthday. Maybe women like a certain level of maturity. You're not a statistic Sly. If news and forums say such a thing, then prove them wrong. Defy our ridiculous culture and make your own fate.
sly279 wrote:
don't talk to women. I'm not confident. I'm not a alpha male. I'm submissive, kind hearted, non violent, and romantic. I tired of having to feel ashamed of being me.
You don't have a confident personality? But you control every word you say. You can choose your personality. You can choose to be confident. We all choose who we want to be so be someone you admire.

I don't think they ask how many exes they have, just if they had past relationships.

perhaps, but they'll likely have many relationships along the way. and tons of sex. yes they sure seem to. they want it all. great job, nice car, gorgeous looking, in great physical shape, confident, athletic, brave, outgoing, traveled the world etc. I just can't imagine theres too many men who have all those things. you might find a fat ugly guy whos is well off and traveled, or a poor handsome athletic guy. but to find all that in one man. i just don't see there being enough for all of them.

well you have a good job from what you'd wrote and even without get like 2k a month.you rent your own place. and you're going to college. so you meet the well off description that attracts older women looking to settle down or a guy to provide for them.

you can't choose your personality. you're born with it, its what makes humans special. or i could just find any girl and maker her change her personality to a silly playful kind one. nope personality is from birth and growing up. it makes you unique and can't be changed sure you can try faking it but eventually your true self will come out.

I admire people like me. I like me. I just wish others would too. i guess i come off as confident depending on who you talk to. more likely just that when I get around people or a woman on a date. I probably come off as confident and social cause I talk a lot and instigate conversation and joke around. side of me which isn't seen here where I struggle with my anxiety , sadness and loneliness. same reason why a girl I talk to on a friend emotional level thought i was not confident but woman I go on a date with say I am.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 9:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

true, though to a limit. as I'm not too book intelligent as others, so if they are too intelligent it won't work out.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:01 pm

sly279 wrote:
perhaps, but they'll likely have many relationships along the way. and tons of sex.
If girls are so concerned about fidelity, does that mean they're not concerned with how many other girls you've banged?

Experience is not always synonymous with skill if experience is doing it badly many times over.
sly279 wrote:
well you have a good job from what you'd wrote and even without get like 2k a month.you rent your own place. and you're going to college.
Yeah but sometimes I worry that it's bad for me that I'm a first year student at 27. I keep thinking I should've been a first year student when I was 18. It would be better for my image to not be a mature age student. Also I feel way to busy now, it would have been easier to go to college and work separately, not both at once. Also as an 18 year old I could have had a proper college experience, not sitting silently in a night class. I feel like I'll never know any college culture.
sly279 wrote:
so you meet the well off description that attracts older women looking to settle down or a guy to provide for them.
Not to old I hope. I was kind of hoping enrolling would put me into contact with college age girls but it hasn't put me into contact with anyone at all.

As for providing, being a modern enlightened type of guy, I wouldn't object, I would encourage my partner to have a fulfilling career (especially if it increases our net income and reduces my expenses). The ideal scenario would see me as part of a well off DINK couple (Dual Income, No Kids).
sly279 wrote:
you can't choose your personality. you're born with it, its what makes humans special. or i could just find any girl and maker her change her personality to a silly playful kind one.
But there are plenty of silly playful girls around anyway. Too many. I have a hard time finding a girl who can take things seriously.
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

true, though to a limit. as I'm not too book intelligent as others, so if they are too intelligent it won't work out.
You think you couldn't relate to a girl more intelligent than you? Does that mean you'd need a girl with precisely the same level of intelligence or just up to and including your own level?

To say the guy always has to be the smartest member of a couple seems a little chauvinist to me. It's like saying the guy always has to be the tallest member of a couple. I wouldn't want to put shackles on female intelligence.

Anyway, you could meet a girl with more book smarts than you yet she knows nothing of guns and foxes. In reality different people have knowledge of different fields. I know more about computes than gf, she knows Cantonese better than I do.

When you begin a relationship chances are the girl's fields of knowledge won't overlap entirely with yours. This does not make you unintelligent.

Anyway, if I was with a girl who had a truly genius level of intelligence, that would be a big turn on for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 10:11 pm

I would prefer a girl to have a decent amount of intelligence--meaning either "street smarts" or "book smarts." I'm rather a "sapio-sexual."

Though...in essence, I'm really not that choosy! As long as she is nice, I don't really care too much about how "refined" a woman is as far as "culture" is concerned.

I would hate it if a girl is prejudiced against ethnic/racial groups other than their own. I don't enjoy being around those sorts of people.

It doesn't matter if she's a bit more intelligent than I am.

What I don't like is a bossy girl. Or someone too hung up on fashion, etiquette, materialism.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:50 am

didn't say I understand them requiring that a guy have past relationships.
I don't want to know about a girls past sexual stuff. I would hope theres women who feel the same.

gone to and working at my community college, we have people age 15-80ish going here as first time students, or getting another degree. I don't know how it is there, but its really not that odd 27 year olds in school. some people will be in college from 18-28 getting degrees. couldn't imagine spending 10 years in school but it happens. I went during the day never met anyone.

idk at my age most women aren't allowing themselves to be silly and playful, only going to get worse. I'm serious when need, but silly and playful most other times. i'd like to find a girl who is similar.

nothing to do with wanting to be smarter then a girl I'm with. but seems to be an issue to "intelligent" women. they want a guy on or above their level, not below it. we have a few on this site. I've come to accept that I can't be with any woman who went to or is going to college. sadly this eliminates lke 95% of women it seems. at least in my area. women seem to make up over half the college students. which is good, glad women are getting degrees and better paying jobs and following their dreams(i hope) just means I'm not smart enough for them.

I wouldnt' want to be with a incredibly stupid woman either, though I haven't met one personally I've seen some on videos or forums. though find it unlikely they like that all the time. really doesn't matter though as most go go college. even if its to be a nurse. lots of nursing students here , I confused of how they all will get jobs.

I know things, but I'm not intelligent. I didn't get some fancy degree or read tons of books studying under professors. I can't learn that way. I have attention problems. so much wrong with me, then combine that with regular differences like interests, politics, personality etc. theres no woman for me. plus I might be super clingy and emotional, not sure as I've never had a relationship, i may also turn into a zero contact type. and apparently anti women.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:12 am

sly279 wrote:
nothing to do with wanting to be smarter then a girl I'm with. but seems to be an issue to "intelligent" women. they want a guy on or above their level, not below it.

You seem to generalize a bit to how "all" women are. Both at the graduate school I attended, and at the college where I now teach, there were quite a few female professors who were married to men who I am almost certain were less intelligent than they were.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:30 am

don't think I've ever said all women. I just see "must be intelligent" "must be able to hold intelligent conversations" "must have college level education" said by women here. why go after women who won't want to be with me. besides they're going places I'm not. not that I want to. I guess I'm a homebody. content with staying in my home town maybe occasionally going to near by states and the coast. vs moving to other countries or states on the other side of the nation for their education goals. so they see me as below them. I don't want to bother with it. I don't want to be someones settled and always seen as less intelligent than them and having to dumb stuff down. I do think If I ever do win the lottery I'll likely move, perhaps see if women are truly different in other locations. the ones on here seem to be. Think i'd try indiana since they allow foxes as pets there.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:32 am

I have problems with grammar, spelling and capitalization I. something that also seems to upset college women. I do try my best with it, though to be honest with all that happens in this world, spelling/grammar seems rather not important to me. honesty people are having their heads cut off but omg did he just use their in place of there. wtf way worse. people who care so much about intelligent, books, spelling etc just aren't for me.

going stop replying though taking his thread away. not my intent.