Why can I only feel love sometimes?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2015, 10:08 am

I don't always feel love for my partner. I love her, but I don't often feel that love feeling.

I define that feeling as warm. Like a magnet attraction that pulls us together, and we just lie there sharing each others skin, warmth, and love.

But that feeling comes rarely. Most of the time I dislike kissing, cuddling and just being all loved up. Although I can hold hands when outside so long as we're not near many people. That sounds awful, like I'm embarrassed. Well, I guess I am, not of her but of other people looking at me as if I'm a wimp.

It's not just this relationship. It's the same with family members. It's like I can only tolerate so much before it starts to feel annoying an awkward. If that makes sense.

Anyone know what/why this is?

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 10:29 am

I am exactly the same way. I enjoy being around other people...but if they are around me too much, then it get's to be annoying and overwhelming. The problem is, most people want it all, or nothing. They don't want a relationship part time. As far as the hand holding thing goes, I think it's kind of embarrassing myself. When I was with my ex, she got upset with me because I wouldn't hold hands with her that much. :roll:

The main problem is, we are different, and most people don't understand us and/or interpret our actions correctly.