Fear and Loathing Toward my Future, Nonexistent Wife

Page 16 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:36 am

Oh, we're meeting up for sure. At 1pm. I asked him out, so I'm interested.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:38 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Pretty much everything you see wives doing on TV. If you want exact examples, enjoy!
1. Publicly putting him down, then laughing about it.
2. Yelling at him for hours on end over something small like a forgotten toilet seat.
3. Vandalizing his car after he broke up with her.
4. Making him sleep on the couch, even when he paid for the goddamn bed.
5. Forbidding her husband to pursue his hobbies.

All unacceptable for anyone. And quite mean.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:46 am

androbot01 wrote:
I guess what I'm asking is if there's some aspect of maleness that is due specific respect, like a respect for authority? For example, my date and I exchanged messages regarding where to go for coffee. He suggested Starbucks to which I responded that I couldn't afford them and maybe we could go to the diner instead. So have I blown it already? We are meeting at the bookstore and will decide where to go from there. Maybe he will offer to pay for Starbucks, which is cool. But I didn't want to assume and I really can't afford Starbucks.

It doesn't look like you did anything wrong. Rejecting one suggestion and giving an idea in its place is nowhere near disrespectful. But do it more than once, and the meeting becomes more hassle than it's worth, even to beta males.

Although, I'm wondering how exactly is a diner cheaper than Starbucks? A brewed coffee at Starbucks is $1.99 (USD). A small pastry to go with the coffee is about the same price. I don't know any diners with entrees that cheap. Besides, a full meal is not the best first date. Your focus should be each other, not the food.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 10:53 am

Okay, good. I don't want to be contrary. If we go to Starbucks I will find something cheap. Thanks.

I guess I just prefer the ambiance at the diner. Starbucks is so loud and fast paced. But I can live with it.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:21 pm

androbot01, you've done absolutely nothing wrong. Furthermore, any man who thinks meeting at one coffee place vs. another is "too much hassle" is not worth your time. It's literally zero hassle. :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:24 pm

See how much you women have it easier androbot? If an adult grown up man said he can't even afford a starbucks coffee, I bet you, on my two kidneys, that 90% of women would reject him instantly.

Yet he accepted, and most men would, they wouldn't care.

Keep denying the life facts, wp ladies....keep denying, you won't change them. lol

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:35 pm

Quote:
See how much you women have it easier androbot? If an adult grown up man said he can't even afford a starbucks coffee, I bet you, on my two kidneys, that 90% of women would reject him instantly.

Hand over the kidneys.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:42 pm

We ended up going to the diner I mentioned. He was fine with that. But the date was unsuccessful. Mutual incompatibility. It was pleasant enough to chat, but that's all. I doubt I will hear from him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:52 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

Hand over the kidneys.

You are 90% of women?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:22 pm

I happen to prefer diners myself!

I'm not a coffee drinker--and Starbucks always contains narrow tables, and too many people. They are great providers of emergency washrooms, though :wink:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:35 pm

The one across from me is so crowded and jammed in it's impossible to have a private conversation.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:38 pm

androbot01 wrote:
We ended up going to the diner I mentioned. He was fine with that. But the date was unsuccessful. Mutual incompatibility. It was pleasant enough to chat, but that's all. I doubt I will hear from him.

How do you know it's mutual?

You can only know your side.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

How do you know it's mutual?

You can only know your side.

Just my surmise. Who knows, maybe he is interested. I'm not though.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 3:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
I guess what I'm asking is if there's some aspect of maleness that is due specific respect, like a respect for authority? For example, my date and I exchanged messages regarding where to go for coffee. He suggested Starbucks to which I responded that I couldn't afford them and maybe we could go to the diner instead. So have I blown it already? We are meeting at the bookstore and will decide where to go from there. Maybe he will offer to pay for Starbucks, which is cool. But I didn't want to assume and I really can't afford Starbucks.

don't think you did anything wrong. that said as boo said, the same doesn't work for a man. but women look for men with well paying jobs, not being able to afford a $6 starbucks drink is a good sign the guy isn't well paid.

GiantHockeyFan wrote:

I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking but I would say men want the same respect that women do. As for this example, if I were him, I would be thinking "what a ridiculous excuse for not wanting to meet up! I wish she would just have said she changed her mind. NEXT!"

why? she said no to the starbucks sure but the immediately proposed a new place. so I don't see how thats a excusse for not wanting to meet up ^o.o>

kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm not a coffee drinker--and Starbucks always contains narrow tables, and too many people. They are great providers of emergency washrooms, though :wink:

yeah they aren't for me. plus they also are very limited on flavors. they only have 2-3. i can go to other shops and choose from 50 or more. I like banana creamosas. which starbucks neither has banana or creamosas. I can and do make them at home for super cheap though.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 10:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

lol!

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 10:45 am

sly279 wrote:
why? she said no to the starbucks sure but the immediately proposed a new place. so I don't see how thats a excusse for not wanting to meet up ^o.o>

I guess I missed that part but my point still stands. I would be thinking "can't afford Starbucks? She is more trouble than she is worth." I'm not saying I am right but that is that I would be thinking given my past history. Luckily those days are over for me.