Fear and Loathing Toward my Future, Nonexistent Wife

Page 17 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 11:14 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I would be thinking "can't afford Starbucks? She is more trouble than she is worth." I'm not saying I am right but that is that I would be thinking given my past history. Luckily those days are over for me.

Haha, too true :wink:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 12:06 pm

Is this thread still going??

Aspie1 it is fine to have aversions but why complain?

Even if there was degree of truth in what you say, you are still taking things to extreme. This is the making of an anxiety disorder. I know this from experience.

Worrying about hypothetical relationship problems is mostly a pointless exercise.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 6:38 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
sly279 wrote:
why? she said no to the starbucks sure but the immediately proposed a new place. so I don't see how thats a excusse for not wanting to meet up ^o.o>

I guess I missed that part but my point still stands. I would be thinking "can't afford Starbucks? She is more trouble than she is worth." I'm not saying I am right but that is that I would be thinking given my past history. Luckily those days are over for me.

suppose I'm more open to it being poor also. I'm more open to a lot of things from being poor all my life. I care more about mutual interest then whether a girl can afford starbucks.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 5:24 pm

0_equals_true wrote:

Even if there was degree of truth in what you say, you are still taking things to extreme. This is the making of an anxiety disorder. I know this from experience.

Worrying about hypothetical relationship problems is mostly a pointless exercise.

Meh. Extreme or not, I like my car without scratched-up paint and broken windows, and my criminal record without false domestic battery charges. That, I don't want to spend $10,000 on a 2-karat engagement ring. It's just morally wrong to put hundreds of African miners in harm's way, solely for my fiancee's bragging rights. And if the rock isn't big enough, her friends will convince her to retaliate somehow. Then again, the total money spent will be about the same: whether it's for a bigger diamond, or a smaller diamond plus having my car repainted after it gets keyed.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 3:59 pm

Get off your high horse you are not morally superior. This just an exercise in trying absolve yourself from your human nature, by contrast. You are not selfless. It is your fault for desiring someone that shallow, it comes with the territory.

This is one up on the "pity me for being resentful" threads, with the added paranoia and delusion.

If you want to live in misery that is your choice. Emphasis on the word choice, you are choosing this false impasse.

As one person pointed out, don't don't seek a relationship then. If so why complain?

For one stand up for you self be assertive, if allow someone to walk over you that is your fault. Of course this is totally imaginary anyway.

This is Gynephobia: fear of women.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:09 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
This is Gynephobia: fear of women.

I agree. And find it disturbing that it continues. The only criteria necessary to meet the OP's standard of insanity is to be female. And apparently we are all evil psychopaths. It really is offensive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:14 pm

I've been involved in many relationships. Including one engagement (without marriage) and one marriage.

I'm no "alpha male." I'm not a "nice guy" (trademark), either.

I've never had my car scratched up.

I don't have a "false" or "true" domestic violence record.

I've never even been made to sleep in the living room.

And I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, nor an Adonis.'

I'm a pretty average short guy, actually.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 9:05 am

Aspie1 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Meh. Extreme or not, I like my car without scratched-up paint and broken windows, and my criminal record without false domestic battery charges. That, I don't want to spend $10,000 on a 2-karat engagement ring. It's just morally wrong to put hundreds of African miners in harm's way, solely for my fiancee's bragging rights. And if the rock isn't big enough, her friends will convince her to retaliate somehow. Then again, the total money spent will be about the same: whether it's for a bigger diamond, or a smaller diamond plus having my car repainted after it gets keyed.

Wow. Something we actually agree on. That's one of the reasons I married a woman who wasn't a shallow money grubbing psycho who wanted a private ceremony (not a wedding) and didn't want a ring (she also finds the diamond industry repugnant.)

Serious question: Is it at all possible you're making up these hypothetical scenerios about you marrying one of the Kardasians or a "real houswife" (or whatever other reality TV show you learn all about human interaction from) to justify your position as an omega male?

Assuming this alpha/beta nonsense you keep spouting is true, you calling yourself a beta is innacurate. Betas are more than capable of finding happy healthy relationships. Based on your own accounts, It's clear you're more of an omega male:

http://thepopularman.com/omega-male-tra ... teristics/

You can call me a jerk all you want, but i don't actually believe in this PUA BS. It's you who has deliberatly chosen a worldview that tells you you're useless and everyone (women & men alike) are out to get you.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
http://thepopularman.com/omega-male-traits-and-characteristics/

"A lot of what follows is based on this science and my own observations..."

Science my arse.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
http://thepopularman.com/omega-male-traits-and-characteristics/

"A lot of what follows is based on this science and my own observations..."

Science my arse.

Exactly my point........ All pick up artist nonsense has about as much scientific basis as the article I just posted. It's also the perfect illustration of what the pick up artist community thinks of people like us. Since Aspies don't have the social skills and sociopathy necessary to be successful pick-up artists, they come across as creepy and the only lesson they learn is that they are losers.

That's the kind of BS the OP is quoting as gospel, and then people wonder why he's so emotionally crippled and gynophobic he has to make up an imaginary woman to justify his feelings of oppression. "Game" takes what would normally be just a be a socially awkward person and turns them into certified lady repellent. Could you think of anyone (women or man) with a single modicum of self respect who'd actually want to date (let alone marry) anyone else with the OPs attitudes? People don't actually like to be loathed because of their gender or feared for something they haven't done.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 11:37 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
In other words, you are afraid you will fall into a relationship with a violent, abusive woman, much the same as women fear they will fall into a relationship with a violent, abusive, male.
Ah, but there's a big difference. Violence/abuse against women by men is very strictly enforced, to the point where a wife can punch herself in the face, then file false domestic battery charges against her beta male husband, as punishment for not putting the toilet seat down. Violence/abuse against men by women is so poorly enforced, that it's pretty much legal for all practical purposes. Women know this. Men know this. I know this. I've even preemptively filed restraining orders more than once, because unlike physical violence, the legal system enforces them gender-blindly.

androbot01 wrote:
Exactly. What are some examples of women disrespecting men?
Pretty much everything you see wives doing on TV. If you want exact examples, enjoy!
1. Publicly putting him down, then laughing about it.
2. Yelling at him for hours on end over something small like a forgotten toilet seat.
3. Vandalizing his car after he broke up with her.
4. Making him sleep on the couch, even when he paid for the goddamn bed.
5. Forbidding her husband to pursue his hobbies.

About the girls always getting a free ride about hitting guys. It's BS. I've been to jail two times, count them, TWICE, after being in a fight with my husband. An actual physical fight back during the time he had his nervous breakdown after his Daddy died and he tried that hitting me s**t before he got tired of having his ass handed to him when he did. I'm fine with arguing and he is free to say what he pleases to me, but put his hands on me and thats a whole other story right there. One time I called the cops, another time my mother called the cops. He started it, but even though he's a big man, he can't fight for s**t and I won the fight before the cops got there. He has zero experience fighting. His dad taught him to never fight but to walk away. Lot of good it did him, he got his ass kicked by a girl. I also don't mark up right away and he does. They looked at him, looked at me, asked if I did that and when I said yes they took me in. Charges were dropped once when I went to arraignment in B'ham the next morning and the judge saw what I had bruised up into by then and the other time I had to pay a fine. I just said f**k it and plead guilty to get it over with. He started it, he threw the first punch but I drew first blood. Anyway, it was only a fine and as I am a housewife, either way he would have to pay it no matter which one of us was convicted of it. So no, women do not always get off when they hit a guy.

Also, the only reason I called the cops the first time was that he was drinking and got out of hand and I was tired and it was late at night and I was tired of the BS that had been going on all night. I figured they would just tell him to go to bed and not make them come back out there. But, before they got there, after I hung up the phone, he got froggy and all hell broke loose so I handled my s**t. I don't know what they expected me to do, just take it and do nothing back? Hell no, those days are gone. Thats what I did with my ex husband. My mother called them when we were going at it in the livingroom one night.

He doesn't do that s**t now. He learned better. Now we discuss things. The most that happens is somebody yells or calls somebody else a dumbass or slams a door.

The sleeping on the couch thing, so what? I enjoy sleeping on the couch. I do it frequently even when I'm not mad. Also, just because I'm mad at him doesn't mean that I can't sleep in the same bed with him. That's stupid. If I can't sleep in the same bed with him then we need a divorce lawyer. We are obviously going to work it out, so why not get a decent nights sleep?

As for the toilet seat, well if somebody is yelling for hours over that then there are deeper problems. Nobody yells for hours over a toilet seat. The most I've done is yell "GODDAMMIT!" when I've fallen in there in the middle of the night when I went to pee and it was dark.

Also, nobody FORBIDS each other from doing anything. You ASK THEM to not do something if it's such a big deal or you ask them to do it less and spend more time with you. Unless it's serial murder, I don't have a problem with any hobby my husband has.

You watch too much TV. Thats not real life at all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 11:45 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
And there is no "together" when my wife pours salt water into my laptop keyboard because I forgot the goddamn anniversary. You know, to teach me to remember it next time. I just gotta make sure to copy everything to the cloud, and lock it with a fingerprint password.

And you're right. I sure don't want to support a person who thinks it's perfectly fine to destroy her husband's computer, along with the treasured memories and irreplaceable data stored on it.

90% of people won't do that s**t. Thats the 10% batshit crazy population out there that you have somehow decided is the entire female sex.

My husband forgot our anniversary this year. First time ever. I'm also very outspoken. I can be mean as a snake and fairly dangerous when crossed. Know what I did? I went to the store and got him a nice gift, and a card. I hadn't said anything about it yet, and had also planned to do my shopping that day because it was the only day I'd have a ride, on the actual anniversary. This was late in the afternoon though, he hadn't said anything. Maybe he's waiting to see if I remembered? Who knew? When I left to go to the store, he said "Get me a six pack while you're out please" I said ok. I got back and wrapped the present and gave it and the card to him. He said "Oh s**t! I forgot!" I informed him I had forgot his beer too. He couldn't say anything about that lol.

All I did was leave him with a little guilt that he will feel every morning when he uses that Roll Tide travel mug for his coffee, and no beer so a nice vacation for his liver. Why destroy either of our property for something like that? You reserve that kind of behavior for when you catch him in bed with somebody else. And yes, I've walked in on him getting head from this one girl. s**t hit the fan. That was 20 some odd years ago but I didn't destroy anything. I made him miserable for a while, but we worked it out.

Again, too much tv. That isn't life.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 9:02 am

Intriguing topic. The only thing I fear and loathe about my future wife is that she most likely doesn't exist.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've been involved in many relationships. Including one engagement (without marriage) and one marriage.

I'm no "alpha male." I'm not a "nice guy" (trademark), either.

I've never had my car scratched up.

I don't have a "false" or "true" domestic violence record.

I've never even been made to sleep in the living room.

And I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, nor an Adonis.'

I'm a pretty average short guy, actually.

I am also not an "Alpha" by any stretch. I dated a girl that was bats%%t crazy to say the least and probably had severe BPD. Even despite of how horrible she acted when she flew into a rage, the worst she did was dent my flooring and get the cops called on me due to her screaming. I was also in the relationship for 18 months before I nearly had a mental breakout yet she never yet any of those "fearful" things.

My current lady? She has never even raised her voice once at me. She has never fought with me emotionally or physically. She has never intentionally disrespected me. She has expressed her feelings in a calm and rational manner even if I wish she would speak up more often. I trust her with my very life and I will be proud to be married to her hopefully within the next year.

I ran into a female version of the OP once and my only regret is that I tried to engage her interest twice rather than run the first time.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I ran into a female version of the OP once and my only regret is that I tried to engage her interest twice rather than run the first time.
Interesting. What was that lady like?

Even so, she less to worry about than most men. Not saying the laws are entirely in her favor, but still.

OliveOilMom wrote:
As for the toilet seat, well if somebody is yelling for hours over that then there are deeper problems. Nobody yells for hours over a toilet seat. The most I've done is yell "GODDAMMIT!" when I've fallen in there in the middle of the night when I went to pee and it was dark.
Too funny with the description. I once fell in in the middle of the night too, only it was after consuming too much spicy food, if you know what I'm saying. I found a whole new level of sympathy toward the need to keep the seat down. But the fear and loathing thing still holds true, sorry.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 7:33 am

Aspie1 wrote:
[Interesting. What was that lady like?

Even so, she less to worry about than most men. Not saying the laws are entirely in her favor, but still.

She was 33 and seemed to have some serious anger issues. She claimed to have moved from Montreal and seemed to know nobody here where I live and would only text. I later found out she had a boyfriend beat her severely and another guy marry her and dump her after he got citizenship. She told me how she was too messed up and ruined every relationship and that she doesn't trust anyone. Hate to say it but you would probably get along with her.