Males/ Boys Question:What qualities do you like in a girl?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2015, 8:33 pm

I would like a girl who is very smart, even if she is a Nuerotypical who has a gifted or genius IQ, cares for me, and is adventurous. I know that NT Americans like girls because of big (don't want to say it here) and their looks that NT American women spend so much time on and songs like "I'm all about that B-" That is the reason why I think Americans have a lot of divorce they see from the outside not on the inside and thats why getting screwed over and bad communication make a lot of impact.Yeah, it would be cool if a girl has hot looks but as long as she takes care of herself and has a good personality with the traits I want, I would go for her.
What qualities do you guys specifically look for when going for a girl?

awsamb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:12 pm

Quiet, smiley, nice, pretty face, down to earth

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm

Mod Edit: Moving to Love and Dating since topic better corresponds with that forum

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm

Living, breathing (on her own), free from chronic illness, sane, intelligent, well-educated, good credit, talented, hygienic, reasonably fashionable, reasonably cheerful, reasonably reasonable, patient, compassionate, faithful, temperate, and reasonably good-looking (or better).

No tattoos, no amputations, no surgical 'enhancements', no addictions, no repressed anger or PTSD, no hang-ups about sex, no police or prison record, not prone to playing "mind games", and not having been born male.

In other words, the current Mrs. Fnord.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 1:27 am

Video gamer, programmer, stunted emotions, likely someone who likes anime and cosplay, not obese, doesn't put effort in being fashionable, can keep up in rational debates

PS: My standards aren't very high. I would rather have an Aspie gf with a stunted emotion comorbid and a sort of geekishness than a NT gf who is fashionable, emotional (annoying) and an idealism.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 2:46 am

I have very low if any standards.

But I base the qualities I want in the women based on who I have been attracted to previously. I find the similarities they all have and determine that THESE are the traits I must like (because clearly it is what I am most commonly drawn to).

Basically, MOST of the females I have liked in the past have been an intelligent girl who fits many of the stereotypical 'nerd'/'geek' traits along with her own sense of individuality beyond this.

I like women who love to talk, because I love to listen. Ones that go on, and on and on and ON about whatever their interests are, and I enjoy listening intently.

I also find slightly controlling women VERY attractive. Not abusive or a control freak, but simply 'bossy'. A girl who bosses me around a little and sort of treats me like a punching bag (as in, a bit "cruel/mean" but in an affectionate way) but still cares about me and is maybe even a little over-protective at times. Sarcastic, over-protective, condescending and bossy. I find all this attractive. Also possessive. The type of girl that can say, to people who are bullying me: "You can't treat him like that, only I can treat him like that!"

Most have been gender non-conformists and not 'traditionally' feminine females. A few have been bisexual, many have been 'tomboys' but with an endearing sense of femininity. Basically not masculine or feminine but a nice balance/mix between the two.

Most of them have been the same height or slightly shorter, most white skinned (European in origin especially), most average weight or slightly 'curvy', dark brown eyes, naturally dark brown hair (but a lot of them have had their hair dyed an unnatural color).

Aniihya: Agreed. You have good taste in women. :wtg:

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2015, 3:02 am

Fnord wrote:
Living, breathing (on her own), free from chronic illness, sane, intelligent, well-educated, good credit, talented, hygienic, reasonably fashionable, reasonably cheerful, reasonably reasonable, patient, compassionate, faithful, temperate, and reasonably good-looking (or better).

No tattoos, no amputations, no surgical 'enhancements', no addictions, no repressed anger or PTSD, no hang-ups about sex, no police or prison record, not prone to playing "mind games", and not having been born male.

In other words, the current Mrs. Fnord.

Ahahahah :lol: :lol: , a very funny (if true) response lol. Did your wife have to check off those things on your list prior to the first date?

Aniihya wrote:
Video gamer, programmer, stunted emotions, likely someone who likes anime and cosplay, not obese, doesn't put effort in being fashionable, can keep up in rational debates

PS: My standards aren't very high. I would rather have an Aspie gf with a stunted emotion comorbid and a sort of geekishness than a NT gf who is fashionable, emotional (annoying) and an idealism.

I almost entirely agree :D

Outrider wrote:
Basically, MOST of the females I have liked in the past have been an intelligent girl who fits many of the stereotypical 'nerd'/'geek' traits along with her own sense of individuality beyond this.

I like women who love to talk, because I love to listen. Ones that go on, and on and on and ON about whatever their interests are, and I enjoy listening intently.

I also find slightly controlling women VERY attractive. Not abusive or a control freak, but simply 'bossy'. A girl who bosses me around a little and sort of treats me like a punching bag (as in, a bit "cruel/mean" but in an affectionate way) but still cares about me and is maybe even a little over-protective at times. Sarcastic, over-protective, condescending and bossy. I find all this attractive. Also possessive. The type of girl that can say, to people who are bullying me: "You can't treat him like that, only I can treat him like that!"

Most have been gender non-conformists and not 'traditionally' feminine females. A few have been bisexual, many have been 'tomboys' but with an endearing sense of femininity. Basically not masculine or feminine but a nice balance/mix between the two.

Wow much of this is what goes on in my head for preferences.

GoldTails95 wrote:
I know that NT Americans like girls because of big (don't want to say it here) and their looks that NT American women spend so much time on and songs like "I'm all about that B-" That is the reason why I think Americans have a lot of divorce they see from the outside not on the inside and thats why getting screwed over and bad communication make a lot of impact.

Well to answer this and indeed give my own preferences, certainly there are physical preferences (though not essential) such as being tall (though short is cute). Big breasts, hips, ass and thighs coupled with a long tongue and BBW are all nice but definitely not essential.
Things like a sexy voice, infectious smile, intelligence (in whatever form that comes in), shared interests, persistence etc.

bovinepugilist
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2015, 7:50 am

Quote:

My first and only long-term romantic relationship. You describe her to a V. She was known to put my coworkers in their place when their teasing got to be too much. She quickly learned that I needed more instruction to grasp the things that should have been intuitive, such as when she was mad or when I should hold her hand. I had no diagnosis at that time yet she seemed to know exactly what to do. I remember she was very persistent, intrusive during our courtship period. Once I decided I could trust her, I think I told her everything I knew about my various areas of expertise in the span of a week. And she didn't mind that I wanted to tell her again the next week. It took her 4 years to finally get tired of me. :roll:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 4:33 pm

The last girl I liked was a bit of a mixed bag. Aspie girl, cute in a geeky sort of way. Gamer and big-time nerd. We were friends for a couple of months, at the end of which I revealed that I was interested in her as more than a friend. Her immediate response was to lie to me a few times (or, to be fair, tell me multiple things that couldn't be true once), not see me for a month or so, then invite me for a rather uncomfortable movie night. Then she started sending me melodramatic texts that boiled down to "I feel that you feel like this, and this is how I feel about that.". My actual input was apparently irrelevant. So...yeah. I should add the she had both ADHD and Aspergers (and, I suspect, some additional form of anxiety);she wasn't good around people, but she really couldn't handle being alone.

I could go for more of her, minus the melodrama.

But yeah, smart, nerdy and bookish are big pluses. Well-read, well-spoken and witty, with a sense of humour (preferrably slightly morbid). Kind, but not weak. A sense of style is a plus, but being shallow and/or superficial are both big minuses. I take care of my body, and I'd like for her to do the same, although I like cooking, so a healthy appetite is also a plus. Not vegetarian (I have enough of those around, I need someone who will eat my cooking.), non-smoker, enjoys good wine and chocolate.

nouedis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm

An ideal woman for me would be:

Petite or slightly full figured.
Short (5'3-5'6).
Natural hair and face - I despise make-up.
I like a woman who can dress up, but can also be casual.
Has a profound insight on life and death.
Is intellectual.
Has an intrigue on science, math, philosophy, music or art.
We've the same music taste on somewhat similar beliefs.
Isn't materialistic or shallow or treacherous.
Is a Lord of the Rings/Star Wars fan.
Can hang at a show or at a bar.
Is down to drink beer and not just alcohol.
Doesn't smoke cigarettes, but marijuana could be an exception.
Is into hiking or running or exercising at that.

russdm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

A nerdy girl close to my age is what I want. Someone who could be a friend and lover. Looks are changeable, while personality changes take major events occurring to shift. I like curves.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2015, 1:03 am

-Not a whore/slut
-doesn't mind having gunz around (you'd be surprised how many women have an irrational fear of the things and refuse to allow them in the same dwelling)
-independent and can amuse herself
-loyal (not blindly loyal, of course)

Looks and stuff don't mean much to me.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 8:51 am

- Loves me for who I am and doesn't try to change who I am
- Must be my type; somewhat good-looking at least
- Must not smoke; I have asthma, plus smoking is one of the worst turn-offs for me
- Loyal; doesn't cheat on me

That's about it. All I want is someone for me to love and look after, and to love and look after me :heart:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

First I'll list the qualities I do not like.

- Hypersocial / party or bar-hopper. 100% incompatible with me.
- Lack of hygiene.
- Sports or physical activity fanatic. You know, those that hit the gym every day and every weekend climb Mt. Everest.
- Materialistic / big spender / hoarder. I do not want to be with someone who collects shoes, trinkets and such and burns a good chunk of income on said things. I'm a minimalist and cannot stand people like this. This includes hyperfashionable individuals that need dresses and outfits for every possible occasion.
- Need to talk nonstop / small talk. Primarily because I cannot hold a small talk conversation.
- When it comes to physical attributes I would prefer her to not be taller than me nor she be obese.
- Not religious fanatic.

What I do like:
- Dark sense of humor.
- Loves sushi and sashimi
- Open minded

Aside from that, I'm all for discovering her personality. The above three is just the three qualities I do like in a girl.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

Catlover5 wrote:
- Loves me for who I am and doesn't try to change who I am
- Must be my type; somewhat good-looking at least
- Must not smoke; I have asthma, plus smoking is one of the worst turn-offs for me
- Loyal; doesn't cheat on me

That's about it. All I want is someone for me to love and look after, and to love and look after me :heart:

Also personal hygiene. And manners are a must.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jun 2015, 2:38 pm

I mostly wanted someone who would give me a real chance & try to make the relationship work. Less important qualities are :arrow: loyal, affectionate, needy/clingy & a little dependent, direct with me, not superficial or fake, not older than me acting like a mom with me, respects my input, & not wanting children or at least being OK with not having them. My girlfriend meets all this criteria.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition