No but I want to 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
No and I don't want to 57%  57%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 61

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
I have not used Tinder, never have and never will. I believe that it's a pointless, useless, and unnecessary application. Tinder, in my own personal opinion, is on the verge of what seems like a form of desperation. I mean, think about it ... for what real reason are you using that service for ?

You sound quite judgmental and infantile. For me, Tinder was not pointless or useless at all. I found a very sweet, loving, genuine boyfriend on Tinder. While there are also many superficial, desperate people on Tinder, it's definitely possible to find a true companion on there. I have heard many positive stories about the app.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 11:53 am

TheAP wrote:
No. Even if I was looking for someone to date, I wouldn't use a dating site. There's no way of telling whether you would have a connection to the person in real life. To date someone, I would have to get to know them really well in real life first.

I find this such simple, childlike reasoning. Online dating allows people to meet up IN REAL LIFE to find whether or not there is a connection. It's simply a way to expand your dating options.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

I've noticed those who did find someone on tinder only found boyfriends, so I think it's only useful for girls or gay guys.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm

taiwanluthiers wrote:
I've noticed those who did find someone on tinder only found boyfriends, so I think it's only useful for girls or gay guys.

Interesting, since for every girl that finds a boyfriend, there is a boy that finds a girlfriend.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2015, 12:33 pm

Yes, it saves a lot of time when making a fire.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 2:49 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
taiwanluthiers wrote:

Interesting, since for every girl that finds a boyfriend, there is a boy that finds a girlfriend.

lol this - and I don't know if gay guys even use tinder considering we have grindr to use, as well as other popular apps & sites. However, there are quite a few gay guys on pof, so maybe they use tinder now, too? Seems to be that the more dating oriented type guys have profiles on pof vs. other apps and sites that are more hookup oriented.

Anyways, as Cafeaulait pointed out... for every girl that finds a guy, there's a guy that finds a girl. And bonus if it's a guy that finds a guy - then that knocks two male profiles out of the mix that your photo is no longer competing with for female attention. :P

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 2:49 pm

Anachron wrote:
Yes, it saves a lot of time when making a fire.

Most excellent post, comrade! 8)

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 2:53 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
I have not used Tinder, never have and never will. I believe that it's a pointless, useless, and unnecessary application. Tinder, in my own personal opinion, is on the verge of what seems like a form of desperation. I mean, think about it ... for what real reason are you using that service for ?

You sound quite judgmental and infantile. For me, Tinder was not pointless or useless at all. I found a very sweet, loving, genuine boyfriend on Tinder. While there are also many superficial, desperate people on Tinder, it's definitely possible to find a true companion on there. I have heard many positive stories about the app.

I don't disagree that it's possible, but I feel like putting myself in an atmosphere where I'm bound to be shown quite a bit of apathy, unkindness, and selfishness is just going to make things worse for me. I like my classes and I'd rather find someone from here where people are friendly.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 5:46 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
hilaryy_renee_ wrote:

I don't disagree that it's possible, but I feel like putting myself in an atmosphere where I'm bound to be shown quite a bit of apathy, unkindness, and selfishness is just going to make things worse for me. I like my classes and I'd rather find someone from here where people are friendly.

Ok, I can imagine.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 12:50 am

I was thinking of giving it a try. Maybe over the weekend. Maybe I should go into the city first instead of using it in the suburbs since I expect it would work better in a higher population density.

There's something appealing about the idea of getting to meet someone on the same day you contact them, instead of the glacial pace of dating sites. We've progressed a long way since the days when computer dating meant going to an agency and they use their mainframe to calculate your best match. I think this sort of thing is becoming more commonplace and accepted nowadays.

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
Geeze, do think any time someone is single and desires not to be single that's a form of desperation? We don't all have scores of suitors Queen Penelope. Maybe your bitterness comes from having been hit on too many times in the first place, let alone needing Tinder.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 1:47 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
taiwanluthiers wrote:

and for every girl that finds a bf, 10 guys stay single on tinder. like any other dating site its highly in favor of women. so they can be super picky and still find a guy.

all the women on tinder would never give me time of day. tinder is for hot attractive athletic people.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 3:03 am

sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
taiwanluthiers wrote:

and for every girl that finds a bf, 10 guys stay single on tinder. like any other dating site its highly in favor of women. so they can be super picky and still find a guy.

all the women on tinder would never give me time of day. tinder is for hot attractive athletic people.

There aren't 10 times as many men as women in the world, so your math is a little off.

Tinder is for people who want to hookup, or date, or find a long term partner. It's not for "hot attractive athletic people" exclusively. Those attributes certainly don't hurt in the dating world, but there are far more regular people out there dating that aren't "hot attractive athletic people" than hot athletes.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
taiwanluthiers wrote:

There aren't 10 times as many men as women in the world, so your math is a little off.

Tinder is for people who want to hookup, or date, or find a long term partner. It's not for "hot attractive athletic people" exclusively. Those attributes certainly don't hurt in the dating world, but there are far more regular people out there dating that aren't "hot attractive athletic people" than hot athletes.

didnt' say in the world, but be real way more guys use dating sites then women. way way more guys want to just have sex and use tinder then women.

that bumble ap has 6 women in my area but s**t ton of guys all trying to get those 6 women. so the women could all find a bf via that ap, but the men can't all find a gf.

well suppose it must just be my area, as all the women there are hot and athletic. no fat women no non hot women. they all super good looking and thin. okcupid is like 90% the same. most women here are thin and good looking just see that walking around walmart or the mall. its really upsetting. the guys though well lets say that is probably max 50% though thats just from seeing men in public I don't look at men on okcupid.
also they are all super successful careers or in college on way to getting good degrees. I hat this city. maybe i'd be better off living in some poor southern state town.

probably need to move to a uglier place no?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

If only I lived in your area Sly :o

Still, I get what you're saying. If every girl on Tinder found a beau, there would still be guys left.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2015, 5:42 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If only I lived in your area Sly :o

Still, I get what you're saying. If every girl on Tinder found a beau, there would still be guys left.

why would you want to live here? unless you're good looking, thin and successful they just look down on you.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Mar 2015, 6:10 pm

Get out of Liberal paradises... conservative areas tend to not have so much unattainable expectations.