Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 70 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 91  Next

Gnosimus
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

My name is Alexander, I'm 27 and I'm from Russia. Now studying biotechnology at my university and writing the dissertation work.

I'm slender, 5' 7'', 110 lbs; dark-haired, brown-eyed. I'm self-diagnosed with AS and officially with ADHD in the childhood.

My primary special interest and obsessions connected with music and musical instruments. I have a constantly growing collection of musical instruments and about 70+ gb of musical collection on my PC. Primary instruments are baroque recorders. I tend to hear music for hours, often being stuck on one track.

I'm shy and introverted, but I don't fear people around and like to communicate - but only with those who don't make me discharged. I have a set of "static algorithms" for communication but they sometimes don't work.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

Hi I'm JM I'm 27, like eating cheeseburgers, live with alcoholics and have a pet dog.
(yeah, that should do it *waits for the girls to line up*) :)

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Hi I'm JM I'm 27, like eating cheeseburgers, live with alcoholics and have a pet dog.

*lines up* :P

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

*lines up* :P

Right now you're at the front of the queue :D

SabreToothBadger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm just a box of fruit loops.

SFked88
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2012, 4:37 pm

hey, im jus lookin for someone that shares similar problems been meeting alot of people with aspergers and i have alot of the traits but am diagnosed with schizoaffective (paranoia,anxiety,depression) i dont see or hear things but i am constantly in my own head find myself thinking and somewhat visualising things in my own head sometimes even when im talking to someone so looks like im just staring off but i feel like im pretty down to earth i am not negative i dont judge anyone i like anybody who isnt constantly negative, been meeting alot of negative and hatefull 'aspies' and im not looking for that .. been meeting alot of story tellers/ liars i dont hate it but kind of feel like im wasting my time i dont know what to say when someone lies to me ..lol , i have always had social problems but for a long tim i had good friends i have done quite a bit in my life ive owned and ride streetbikes, dirtbikes,4x4's,lowriders, hondas and i like to have fun in them theyre not for show .. lol , i have done alot of mechanic work,landscaping,tile,roofing,plumbing,logging.. lots of hard labor i think thats what has kept me kind of sane without having to take any kind of depression pills.. but recently lost my gf,license,moved away from 'friends', and have been in kinda messed up situations with my parents and brothers so i got depressed.. nd developed even worse anxiety to the point where i dont even want to go into grociery stores i kind of bug out and cant control anxiety even on meds . recently just started seeing a psycologist so hopefully will get real diagnosis and find right meds n get it figured out.. i played sports growing up ,love sports. i like everything from history to science to animals anything factual.. i have my arms covered in tattoos but they are unique and good quality have over 1500$into them.. also have integrity and forever young tattood on my neck .. my name is kurtis eugene denny im in Gualala ,ca .. so you can look me up on facebook if you want to see pics.. please feel fre to hit me up , i live in small town now where i only know a couple people and im online alot ..

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Sep 2012, 10:33 pm

My only wish is that I were loved a bit more. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield at times......

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2012, 3:52 am

Hi, I'm Wade, 54, in the southeast corner of Alabama (close to Florida) with mild AS. On here looking for an NT or AS woman who likes me. I'm easy going and shy, and want an easy going woman too. I find plus size women attractive. You can read my full profile on page 193 of the "Eligible Odd-Bods!" thread below this one.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 7:44 am

This thread...*shudders*

SFked88
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

shudders?

CreativeInfluenza
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2012, 9:01 pm

Adam82 wrote:
CreativeInfluenza wrote:
Hi, I'm Helen from Australia. I've never been diagnosed with AS but strongly suspect I have it or some other form of autism. At school I suffered from a lack of friends and was constantly being bullied and misunderstood. I had trouble sharing my toys and would often line my pencils up all colour-coded instead of using them. Growing up things have gotten worse. Even though I've got several university degrees, I have no luck finding a rewarding career or even job. People don't trust me. I can't count the times people have been put off by something I've said. I've been in job interviews where the interviewer has walked away in disgust after a simple question I made that I thought was normal. I've been fired from jobs because the people in the office didn't feel I melded well into the environment, even though I was always polite and nice to everyone. In fact, I'm one of the nicest people I know, very selfless and giving and generous... but somehow it feels like it's not enough for people to like being around me.

I'm in my 30s, unemployed and living at home and doing odd (sh**ty) jobs where I can get them. I like dancing, singing, acting, watching DVDs, researching stuff on the internet, reading and having coffee with the handful of friends I have. I have a handful of movies I watch again and again without getting tired of them: Cast Away, The Pianist, Kiki's Delivery Service and The Mirror Has Two Faces. I also have some obsessive interests, like oak trees, houses, cold rainy weather (I hate the heat), astrology, spirituality, God and the environment. I like all sorts of music but I'm in love with Adam Lambert. Somehow I feel he's speaking right to my heart when he sings. For someone who hasn't been in love for over 10 years, that's exciting for me. :) I have never had a partner even though people tell me I'm good-looking and funny and stuff. I think it goes back to being sexually abused as a toddler. My deepest wish is to win the Tattslotto so I can afford to get my own house and live by myself, preferably in a cold country. I keep my fingers crossed every week! :wink:

Nice to be here. :D

Hey, you sound a bit like me. I'm also an Aspie in Australia. I have a couple of uni degrees, but I have trouble finding a decent, rewarding job with them. I work little casual jobs here and there, but it isn't really good enough income. I need something more permanent. I also live at home, and dream of winning the lottery or something. I have never been in a relationship ever. I'm a bit younger than you, at 28.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks :) We should both play this weekend, maybe we'll win the jackpot! 8)

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 1:55 am

I have Mikhal Gorbachev as my avatar. I pick things up and put them down for fun. I like figure skating a lot. I listen to weird Japanese music, or girly pop music. I have a fiber optic flower lamp in my room. I have some broken 80s cars collecting dust because I have no money to repair them, and my knowledge of car repair far exceeds my actual ability. Happiness for me would be a 12 pack of Redbull. The only thing I'm confident to say I'm good at is cooking.

Personality wise, I'm probably not someone you'd wanna hang around with as I'm so weird. Supposedly I smile a lot.

What else... I don't use soap or shampoo in the shower. Au natural? I shave with an old fashioned double edge razor and currently wear Old Spice despite being 21. I'm also an Orthodox Christian, but I suck at being Christian too.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 2:45 am

SabreToothBadger wrote:
I'm just a box of fruit loops.

Im sure you are just as sweet but theres plenty of other things to you :D .

Havent posted here in a while so I guess its time for an update:
Im 21, and I live in Spain.
I spend too much time online and I tend to take jokes a bit too far.
A certain member likes to joke about how I tend to get overconfident when I drink but thats just an inside joke(happened once and she said she liked the attitude, we joke about it)
Pretty sure thats about it.

coolbreezy
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

im damian, 25/m/ct. 6'2 195 lbs muscular build. dominican italian irish. large phrase tattooed down my entire right arm "respect few fear none". "low functioning" autistic (bullcrap label).

SpiderJeruz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

I'm a short white dude. Age 19. I usually sport a buzz cut. I dress like 90's hip-hop head half the time, like a business man the other half. IDK why. I write short stories, I draw calligraphy, and rap. Yes, a rapping Aspie. Who thought we'd see the day?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

I love Southern California things, really. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."