Page 11 of 20 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 3:46 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Again, I've encountered women who flirt with men they're NOT attracted to when they're involved with an attractive man. Flirting =/= sexual interest. It is a way for a woman to stroke her ego and feel desirable to other men that are not her partner nor does she necessarily wanna sleep with.

Flirting is a way to express ROMANTIC interest, not sexual interest. The two might coincidence but they don't need to. Especially for asexual people flirting doesn't mean sexual interest. Sure, some might do it for pure fun, but even then they still have some interest, but the chance of it leading to anything is very small, like if they already have a partner.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 3:50 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
What makes you think that these women *liked* me in that way? A lot of the real life examples I'm giving come from women who had no sexual interest in me nor did I have any sexual attraction to them. One woman was borderline and had a severe drinking problem(intoxication made her incredibly horny and quite sexually aggressive in fact) and was already dating(and sleeping with)someone else. At the time I was in a relationship with another woman and she admitted to me that men who are involved with someone else are more appealing than single men....but iDigress.

A woman with a heavy drinking problem hardly is a good example.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
As for your wife, she is only ONE person. You yourself are giving an anecdote about the particular woman that you married but this does not prove anything about women in general.

Certainly, but my results for asexual and disliking sexual intercourse involves thousands of people of both genders and neurotypes.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 4:03 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Please explain to me why there has been such a statistically significant rise in single motherhood in my country despite the fact that unlike your country, we really DON'T have an economic and social safety net in place for single mothers struggling to support their children despite the claims of diehard hicks who whine about "welfare queens".

That's easy. It has nothing to do with social safety. It has everything to do with the erosion of the idea that it is family that is the basis of raising children. This is why it is happening in my country, and surely in yours as well. It's feminists that are to blame. I bet that everywhere you see lots of feminist and LGBT-movements you also see increased levels of single motherhoods.

Personally, my main argument for not wanting to involve in dating, rather requiring persistent interest was to minimize the risk that I would never see my children because the mother thought she liked that better.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 7:39 am

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Again, I've encountered women who flirt with men they're NOT attracted to when they're involved with an attractive man. Flirting =/= sexual interest. It is a way for a woman to stroke her ego and feel desirable to other men that are not her partner nor does she necessarily wanna sleep with.

Flirting is a way to express ROMANTIC interest, not sexual interest. The two might coincidence but they don't need to. Especially for asexual people flirting doesn't mean sexual interest. Sure, some might do it for pure fun, but even then they still have some interest, but the chance of it leading to anything is very small, like if they already have a partner.

Actually, flirting =/= romantic OR sexual interest. It's what they call being a "cocktease". Peoples egos often depend partially on being desirable to members of the sex they're attracted to. So when a woman flirts with a man and he responds with interest or flirting back it makes her feel desirable which boosts her ego. The fact that the chance of it leading to something is very small is a big reason why women do it to men they're not actually interested in. They're feigning interest to flatter themselves. Duh!

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 7:46 am

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
What makes you think that these women *liked* me in that way? A lot of the real life examples I'm giving come from women who had no sexual interest in me nor did I have any sexual attraction to them. One woman was borderline and had a severe drinking problem(intoxication made her incredibly horny and quite sexually aggressive in fact) and was already dating(and sleeping with)someone else. At the time I was in a relationship with another woman and she admitted to me that men who are involved with someone else are more appealing than single men....but iDigress.

A woman with a heavy drinking problem hardly is a good example.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
As for your wife, she is only ONE person. You yourself are giving an anecdote about the particular woman that you married but this does not prove anything about women in general.

Certainly, but my results for asexual and disliking sexual intercourse involves thousands of people of both genders and neurotypes.

Alcohol lowers peoples inhibitions. So when you see a woman getting frisky because she's drunk shows you that she does have sexual desires after all that she wouldn't overtly express when sober. Even women who don't have drinking "problems" behave this way.

So you say your results involve thousands of people, eh? Given that neurodiverse people are actually a tiny minority of the human population(<<1%), and that there are 7 BILLION people alive today and my country has a population of just over 300,000,000 that's hardly a good representation of the majority of humanity. And do show me the statistical results that suggest thousands of women from both neurotypes don't want sex.

As for feminism being the cause of the rise of single motherhood, that is somewhat beside the point I'm trying to make. The point I was making is that there ARE viable alternatives to men(the biological father) being the provider! And I gave an example of a culture(the Tlingit)where it is other women who act as the providers to women with children as opposed to the father.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 7:53 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Actually, flirting =/= romantic OR sexual interest. It's what they call being a "cocktease". Peoples egos often depend partially on being desirable to members of the sex they're attracted to. So when a woman flirts with a man and he responds with interest or flirting back it makes her feel desirable which boosts her ego. The fact that the chance of it leading to something is very small is a big reason why women do it to men they're not actually interested in. They're feigning interest to flatter themselves. Duh!

Why don't you think it boosts the ego of the man involved just as much as the woman?

Besides, from my flirting experience, the one's that are willing participants usually do it every time I see them, so I don't think it is only a tease. But then I don't think I'm a typical flirter.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 8:06 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Alcohol lowers peoples inhibitions. So when you see a woman getting frisky because she's drunk shows you that she does have sexual desires after all that she wouldn't overtly express when sober. Even women who don't have drinking "problems" behave this way.

But then I think the argument is that it is the typical NT-behavior of regular sexual intercourse that is what many neurodiverse women (and men as well) dislike because it can lead to pregnancy. Just like many asexual people still masturbate, people that dislike sexual intercourse can involve in other sexual behaviors (like Fetishes, BD/SM). Just like asexuals married to sexuals can have sex just to please their partner.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
So you say your results involve thousands of people, eh? Given that neurodiverse people are actually a tiny minority of the human population(<<1%), and that there are 7 BILLION people alive today and my country has a population of just over 300,000,000 that's hardly a good representation of the majority of humanity. And do show me the statistical results that suggest thousands of women from both neurotypes don't want sex.

You'll hopefully see it if it get published.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
As for feminism being the cause of the rise of single motherhood, that is somewhat beside the point I'm trying to make. The point I was making is that there ARE viable alternatives to men(the biological father) being the provider! And I gave an example of a culture(the Tlingit)where it is other women who act as the providers to women with children as opposed to the father.

I agree that the Tlingit culture is very interesting, but it is hardly representative of NT-cultures in Africa and elsewhere. Rather, I'd say they are probably a group of people with a very high level of neurodiversity and Neanderthal heritage.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 8:27 am

On the topic of motherhood and support, as well as the argument of consensual sex-

The Ontario Government here has decided a couple months ago to revamp our public school's sex-ed curriculum. It seems to be the most controversial decision the government has made (when it comes to children in schools). The arguments it brings up for the traditional family is that they feel the government may be telling them "Schools can do a better job raising children then men can." This in itself seems like a very arrogant thing for someone to say "I can raise your child better than you can." But that seems to be the popular belief in today's world: Man can't possibly do a good job in helping raise a child. On the other hand, the society I lived in growing up knew that children were already sexual by the age of 12 (mostly) and already experiencing with oral sex and sexual intercourse. There is no denying that. So maybe they need to learn what consensual sex is at that age. What baffles me is why the government thinks it is a good idea to teach what sexting is to 9 year olds.

Here are a few links below. It might interest you to read the comments from the readers as well. A very polarizing issue to say the least.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/read-ontarios-new-sex-ed-curriculum-for-yourself

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2015/02/23/ontario-finally-unveils-revamped-sex-education-curriculum.html

http://www.campaignlifecoalition.com/index.php?p=Sex_Ed_Curriculum

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/new/2014/memo1030.pdf

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 9:03 am

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

But then I think the argument is that it is the typical NT-behavior of regular sexual intercourse that is what many neurodiverse women (and men as well) dislike because it can lead to pregnancy. Just like many asexual people still masturbate, people that dislike sexual intercourse can involve in other sexual behaviors (like Fetishes, BD/SM). Just like asexuals married to sexuals can have sex just to please their partner.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

You'll hopefully see it if it get published.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

I agree that the Tlingit culture is very interesting, but it is hardly representative of NT-cultures in Africa and elsewhere. Rather, I'd say they are probably a group of people with a very high level of neurodiversity and Neanderthal heritage.

I'd like to see some evidence that the incidence of autism is more common among the Tlingit people than other tribes. I take issue with your use of the word "neurodiverse" to refer specifically to autism since autism is one of many different mental abnormalities. NTs are the majority of the human population so yes, when I talk of most women I am not referring to the sexual behavior of autists because many autists have sub-normal sex drives(including autistic men-though this doesn't apply to yours truly).

As far as Neanderthal heritage, what is the evidence that the ancestors of the Tlingit interbred with Neanderthals? And even if they did what does that have to do with neurodiversity or their family system? The nuclear family model where the man is the provider and the woman is the caretaker is NOT universal to all human cultures. That is the point I'm trying to get across. It isn't exclusively western either but you get the idea. As long as a pregnant woman has SOME means of external support, then it isn't necessary that the father stick around and help her provide for his offspring. Most women have a strong urge to have children; often moreso than many men do. That is why the possibility of accidental pregnancy often doesn't deter many women from engaging in sexual conduct. This instinct clearly has been selected for by evolution because it maximizes the number of offspring. Even if some babies will die in times of scarcity in our evolutionary past, if enough babies are created then clearly some will survive and the population will continue.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I'd like to see some evidence that the incidence of autism is more common among the Tlingit people than other tribes. I take issue with your use of the word "neurodiverse" to refer specifically to autism since autism is one of many different mental abnormalities. NTs are the majority of the human population so yes, when I talk of most women I am not referring to the sexual behavior of autists because many autists have sub-normal sex drives(including autistic men-though this doesn't apply to yours truly).

I defined neurodiversity in 2013 because it is insane to use psychiatric diagnosis to define human diversity.
Reference: http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/3/3/2158 ... t.pdf+html

Part of this paper is also the prevalence of neurodiversity in various groups, and the group with the highest prevalence is American Indians (Table 2).

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
As far as Neanderthal heritage, what is the evidence that the ancestors of the Tlingit interbred with Neanderthals?

My theory of neurodiversity claims that these traits originate from Neanderthal.
Link: http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
And even if they did what does that have to do with neurodiversity or their family system? The nuclear family model where the man is the provider and the woman is the caretaker is NOT universal to all human cultures.

That's because humans are a hybrid species. A few cultures still have a family model that more resembles the Neanderthal state than the African. In fact, most of the world before the age of contraceptives had a family model that was more like the Neanderthal, and sex outside of marriage was prohibited.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That is the point I'm trying to get across. It isn't exclusively western either but you get the idea. As long as a pregnant woman has SOME means of external support, then it isn't necessary that the father stick around and help her provide for his offspring. Most women have a strong urge to have children; often moreso than many men do. That is why the possibility of accidental pregnancy often doesn't deter many women from engaging in sexual conduct. This instinct clearly has been selected for by evolution because it maximizes the number of offspring. Even if some babies will die in times of scarcity in our evolutionary past, if enough babies are created then clearly some will survive and the population will continue.

You won't get the point across if you continue to mix up the behaviors of two different species. At least not with me. Aspie Quiz today have these different relationship behaviors as standard items, and they form possible adaptive behaviors in the ancestral environments. They just needs to be published so people can dig into this instead of assuming that all human relationship behaviors have a single origin.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 9:46 am

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

I defined neurodiversity in 2013 because it is insane to use psychiatric diagnosis to define human diversity.
Reference: http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/3/3/2158 ... t.pdf+html

Part of this paper is also the prevalence of neurodiversity in various groups, and the group with the highest prevalence is American Indians (Table 2).

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
As far as Neanderthal heritage, what is the evidence that the ancestors of the Tlingit interbred with Neanderthals?

My theory of neurodiversity claims that these traits originate from Neanderthal.
Link: http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
And even if they did what does that have to do with neurodiversity or their family system? The nuclear family model where the man is the provider and the woman is the caretaker is NOT universal to all human cultures.

That's because humans are a hybrid species. A few cultures still have a family model that more resembles the Neanderthal state than the African. In fact, most of the world before the age of contraceptives had a family model that was more like the Neanderthal, and sex outside of marriage was prohibited.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That is the point I'm trying to get across. It isn't exclusively western either but you get the idea. As long as a pregnant woman has SOME means of external support, then it isn't necessary that the father stick around and help her provide for his offspring. Most women have a strong urge to have children; often moreso than many men do. That is why the possibility of accidental pregnancy often doesn't deter many women from engaging in sexual conduct. This instinct clearly has been selected for by evolution because it maximizes the number of offspring. Even if some babies will die in times of scarcity in our evolutionary past, if enough babies are created then clearly some will survive and the population will continue.

You won't get the point across if you continue to mix up the behaviors of two different species. At least not with me. Aspie Quiz today have these different relationship behaviors as standard items, and they form possible adaptive behaviors in the ancestral environments. They just needs to be published so people can dig into this instead of assuming that all human relationship behaviors have a single origin.

Now you did a statistical study involving autistic people but how does this apply to the human population as a whole? In particular, how does it validate your claims that the majority of human females don't want sex as much as men do and that flirting indicates an actual romantic interest rather than a feigned interest?

I am not mixing up the behaviors of 2 different species! Neanderthals are an EXTINCT species. Modern humans belong to the same species despite interbreeding with other species of hominids in the distant past.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

rdos wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
It's certainly better than anything you've presented thus far. Also, I've been to every hook-up site imaginable; most women are just there to get their egos stroked and won't even bother responding to messages, the few who do are those desperate enough to be there looking for relationships.

I think you are right about that. I think many women say they enjoy sex because they are expected to (by men). It would be a competitive disadvantage for a woman to claim she doesn't like sex. For men it is probably mostly the reverse. At least asexual men potentially have a lot more asexual women to select among.

You got it ass-backwards. When a woman says openly that she likes sex, men will take her word for it and in the context of a relationship they will pressure her to have sex with them whenever they want it and even use coercion if she doesn't willingly put out when they're in the mood. Single women who claim to like sex and want it will invite unwanted sexual advances from male suitors and if she's on a date with them this could open the door to rape. Essentially, they're allowing men to have power of them. And I'm sure some naive "neurodiverse" women have made this mistake and gotten themselves exploited by their partners in relationships(I've heard this complaint from Aspie women many times before). There is a bit of difference between women flaunting their sexuality openly to get attention from men in terms of how they dress(and this includes exhibitionism) and stating directly with words that they like sex and want it.

It's smarter for women to claim that they don't really like sex and will only do it in exchange for something else because that allows them to use sex as a form of currency to barter with their bf's/husbands and potentially manipulate said men with sex.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm

The concept of "manliness" should be erased from human standards.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2015, 1:57 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
You got it ass-backwards. When a woman says openly that she likes sex, men will take her word for it and in the context of a relationship they will pressure her to have sex with them whenever they want it and even use coercion if she doesn't willingly put out when they're in the mood. Single women who claim to like sex and want it will invite unwanted sexual advances from male suitors and if she's on a date with them this could open the door to rape. Essentially, they're allowing men to have power of them. And I'm sure some naive "neurodiverse" women have made this mistake and gotten themselves exploited by their partners in relationships(I've heard this complaint from Aspie women many times before). There is a bit of difference between women flaunting their sexuality openly to get attention from men in terms of how they dress(and this includes exhibitionism) and stating directly with words that they like sex and want it.

It's smarter for women to claim that they don't really like sex and will only do it in exchange for something else because that allows them to use sex as a form of currency to barter with their bf's/husbands and potentially manipulate said men with sex.

That... literally makes no sense.

First of all, if it really benefitted women to claim that they didn't really like sex, then based on what I've seen, I can can only conclude that some strange, undetectable, insanity plague has taken hold of most of the world's womankind. Because no matter where you f*****g go, whenever the topic of sex comes up, women will not shut the f**k up about how much they love it. They'll go on and on and on about it. And most of the time, the simple act of questioning the female sex drive is enough get you branded as a mysoginistic, bitter, neckbeard, shitlord, whatever.

Second, while it's definitely true that women withhold sex as a way of strongarming their husbands and partners into doing what they want, if we were to assume that both genders were in relatively equal footing in terms of sex drive, what would prevent men from doing the same to them? Did you ever stop to wonder that?

Seriously, you're only digging yourself in even deeper at this point... :roll:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 2:24 pm

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

AngelRho wrote:

Where do you find the full list of emoticons?