Page 5 of 20 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 6:15 am

My masculinity is very toxic.

All this body hair, if I don't shower daily, would get very very toxic.

Testosterone itself is toxic, probably why by the time women reach 80, there are more than two of them for every man.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2015, 12:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So much conspiracy theories on this board later.

Pointing out that sycophants who champion an ideology don't practice what they preach is hardly a conspiracy theory, my friend. It's just an observation. The hypothesis that feminists are stomping on low-status men and playing a zero-sum game in practice is entirely consistent with the data despite their vociferous claims to the contrary.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2015, 12:35 am

halleluhwah wrote:

Yes, autistic people are oppressed. This is called "ableism." The autistic people who are oppressed are men, women, and non-binary people who identify as neither a man nor a woman. Feminism is a movement whose purpose is to emancipate women from patriarchy and misogyny. That means it is directed toward women, both autistic and neurotypical. There is also a disability rights movement, and a specific autistic rights movement. This is distinct from feminism, but there are plenty of feminists who also advocate autistic rights or who are themselves autistic.

In the case of autistic people, it's ableism^2. Autistic people in particular have no political power as they seem to be extremely reluctant at best to organize into a self-advocacy coalition.

But I will say that people with mental illnesses also have the very same problem. People with physical disabilities have been much better at self-advocacy and there is a lot of sympathy for them whereas Autists and the mentally ill are equally feared and reviled.

Quote:
What you're upset about has nothing to do with men per se being oppressed; it has to do with autistic people being oppressed, which happens to include, alongside women, some men. You're making this out to be some kind of zero sum game, as though only either women or autistic men can be emancipated, at the expense of the other.

Welcome to the 21st century! Women already ARE emancipated and wield a lot more power in American and Western societies than you seem to realize. Even though they may not have quite as much power than men the gap is closing. The pay gap is counterbalanced by the fact that unemployment for American women is less than it is for American men by a statistically significant amount.

Quote:
Have you considered dating an autistic woman? Or a woman who is fat and nerdy, and probably has the same gripes with the conventional standard of attractiveness that you do?

As a matter of fact I have. And my first gf was likely autistic herself. Lately though, autistic women who I've met don't seem to have any interest in dating me. And furthermore, I actually am attracted to women who many might consider to be "fat"/rubenesque(but not actually obese).

But now back to the original topic. I've tried to say this many, many times before and I'll say it again louder:

Desperation = LADY REPELLANT :!:

Pursuing women who are considered unattractive( or at least by societies standards) simply because they are undesirable to most people is a classic example of desperation. The only reason you're trying to date them is because you think that they're an easy catch even though you don't actually *like* them as they are. People want to be wanted for THEM. The same can be said for pursuing highly attractive people simply because they are desirable to others and having them as your gf/wife is some kind of status symbol(the "trophy" complex)even though you don't necessarily appreciate who they are a person is very much the same kind of thing. Though the former is particularly insulting and demeaning. If you only want them because you think they're as desperate as you are to have somebody, they're going to sense that. If they pick up on it at first, you get rejected. If they get with you and then find out, you get dumped.

The solution is to find people who you are attracted to and who feel the SAME way about you. No if's, ands, or buts. Why is this so f*cking hard for people to swallow? Stop wasting time worrying about dating leagues and judge women you meet on how you see them, not on how others do.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 10:39 am

Gauldoth wrote:
You're skirting around the issue. The truth is no feminists spoke about what happened with Chris Brown and Rihanna because in their eyes, Chris Brown is "worthy" enough to do what he did, and nothing more. Simple as that.

Feminism as it exists today is nothing more than a rod created by women to beat down "unworthy" men and keep them as basically as a modern-day slave caste. But I think these women are in for a very rude awakening, our patience is a shallow well (mine has run dry long ago). And since modern society can't function without us, they're gonna be forced to make a choice: either they'll start rewarding us adequately for our efforts and services, or they can go live in the jungle with the few men they deem to be "worthy".

My god...... You're like an Men's rights parody come to life!

Hilarious man! Keep up the crazy! :lol:

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2015, 3:38 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
You're skirting around the issue. The truth is no feminists spoke about what happened with Chris Brown and Rihanna because in their eyes, Chris Brown is "worthy" enough to do what he did, and nothing more. Simple as that.

Feminism as it exists today is nothing more than a rod created by women to beat down "unworthy" men and keep them as basically as a modern-day slave caste. But I think these women are in for a very rude awakening, our patience is a shallow well (mine has run dry long ago). And since modern society can't function without us, they're gonna be forced to make a choice: either they'll start rewarding us adequately for our efforts and services, or they can go live in the jungle with the few men they deem to be "worthy".

I'm glad I was able to bring some joy to your otherwise completely bleak and desolate existence as a male feminist. :D

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2015, 5:23 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

You seem to maintain that having a positive attitude gets the ladies if you're socially awkward. It DOESN'T. Attitude is not what's attractive to women....But not all women are turned off by social ineptitude and Autism! It turns out that a mans looks matter to women far more than most women will admit and most guys think. But I keep trying to get through to all you knuckleheads here that your attractiveness to another person is beyond your control.

Some of your posts reek of self-promotion. Confidence isn't just an attitude/internal mental state, it's a social skill. If you do it badly then you'll come across as arrogant at best, but more likely a tactless twit who tries too hard. You don't always make it when you fake it. For certain folks, like us Aspies, being true to ourselves and putting our best foot forward is really the most effective option(even though it often does not produce immediate results).

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

I'm glad I was able to bring some joy to your otherwise completely bleak and desolate existence as a male feminist. :D

LOL! I'm married and actually quite happy but if it makes you feel better to assume that I'm as sad, lonely and unlovable as you then by all means project some more. :wink:

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 10:53 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

You seem to maintain that having a positive attitude gets the ladies if you're socially awkward. It DOESN'T. Attitude is not what's attractive to women....But not all women are turned off by social ineptitude and Autism! It turns out that a mans looks matter to women far more than most women will admit and most guys think. But I keep trying to get through to all you knuckleheads here that your attractiveness to another person is beyond your control.

Some of your posts reek of self-promotion. Confidence isn't just an attitude/internal mental state, it's a social skill. If you do it badly then you'll come across as arrogant at best, but more likely a tactless twit who tries too hard. You don't always make it when you fake it. For certain folks, like us Aspies, being true to ourselves and putting our best foot forward is really the most effective option(even though it often does not produce immediate results).

I sometimes wonder just how crazy that "red pill filter" gets. I was responding to a post written by a conspiracy theorist that doesn't even know how to do a google search (as simple search of "Chris brown" and "feminism" had many pages of results.)

His second paragraph was just absurd melodrama. There's no point in arguing with people like that because the soup they swim in is so thick they can't see the surface of reality.

It's clear to me that you didn't actually read anything I've posted (nor either of the articles I linked to in this very thread.) If you had, you'd realize being true to yourself (rather than trying to be perfect or someone you think other people want) is what I've been saying since the beginning (and was one of the main points of the nerdlove articles.) It's how I found plenty of success at dating and eventually got married.

That being said, that strategy only works for guys who actually like women. :wink:

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 11:51 pm

"Macho and Alpha" are simply ways of attempting to describe attractive male behavior.
Information drift is highly likely in the long thread of events between trying to identify it to trying to recreate a "natural" macho or alpha.

1. There could be some errors in perceiving or observing the behaviors and their subtleties.
2. There could be some errors in identifying which bits are important.
3. There could be some errors in describing the behaviors and their subtleties.
4. There could be...

You know what? Never mind, nobody here seems to care, it's either hate men (and lets guess why!) or it's be a man and have to slog through all these tedious and pointless jealousy attacks.

Reading this stuff is like constantly dealing with these kids...

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 12:15 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

LOL! I'm married and actually quite happy but if it makes you feel better to assume that I'm as sad, lonely and unlovable as you then by all means project some more. :wink:

Well, you think that being nice to girls actually gets them to fall for you, so you've already proven you're delusional. So, yeah, I'll take that with a grain of salt... :roll:

Also, since you're apparently in the know, can you point out any articles written by any prominent feminist condemning Chris Brown for what he did? I'll wait... :D

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2015, 12:44 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

I sometimes wonder just how crazy that "red pill filter" gets. I was responding to a post written by a conspiracy theorist that doesn't even know how to do a google search (as simple search of "Chris brown" and "feminism" had many pages of results.)

His second paragraph was just absurd melodrama. There's no point in arguing with people like that because the soup they swim in is so thick they can't see the surface of reality.

It's clear to me that you didn't actually read anything I've posted (nor either of the articles I linked to in this very thread.) If you had, you'd realize being true to yourself (rather than trying to be perfect or someone you think other people want) is what I've been saying since the beginning (and was one of the main points of the nerdlove articles.) It's how I found plenty of success at dating and eventually got married.

That being said, that strategy only works for guys who actually like women. :wink:

Let's put it this way: It's nice that you've found success but what worked for you may NOT work for me or for others. Liking women as people doesn't make women want to sleep with you(or even date you for that matter). My main point is that the first step towards dating success is finding a woman who actually likes who you are and is attracted to you sexually without having to do all that "alpha make" posturing.

I dispute your notion that socially awkward+jerk = lady repellant. Unfortunately, social awkwardness itself is a turn-off to a lot of women and if that is you, it makes no difference what your attitude is. People want to date those first and foremost who turn them on sexually and sex appeal is not a function of attitude. Plenty of guys who don't like women manage to get laid. Sometimes it's because they have finely honed social skills like confidence and charisma. But other times it's because they find those rare women who are attracted to them and they feel the same in return.

But I noticed the comments in that Dr Nerdlove article which tried to reinforce this backward notion of a dating caste system where low status men should pursue undesirable women(and guys like fnord have reiterated that). And I call bullsh*t on the concept of dating leagues.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 1:42 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Let's put it this way: It's nice that you've found success but what worked for you may NOT work for me or for others. Liking women as people doesn't make women want to sleep with you(or even date you for that matter). My main point is that the first step towards dating success is finding a woman who actually likes who you are and is attracted to you sexually without having to do all that "alpha make" posturing.

I dispute your notion that socially awkward+jerk = lady repellant. Unfortunately, social awkwardness itself is a turn-off to a lot of women and if that is you, it makes no difference what your attitude is. People want to date those first and foremost who turn them on sexually and sex appeal is not a function of attitude. Plenty of guys who don't like women manage to get laid. Sometimes it's because they have finely honed social skills like confidence and charisma. But other times it's because they find those rare women who are attracted to them and they feel the same in return.

But I noticed the comments in that Dr Nerdlove article which tried to reinforce this backward notion of a dating caste system where low status men should pursue undesirable women(and guys like fnord have reiterated that). And I call bullsh*t on the concept of dating leagues.

I actually disagree with this. Dating leagues are very much real. Let's face it: if you're a low-status male chasing after a high-status female, you won't get anything. If you're a low-status female chasing after a high-status male, you won't get anything except sex. :roll:

The problem is what I mentioned in that other thread; most women nowadays tend to grossly overestimate their own value and desirability. We live in a time where pretty much every woman who isn't hideously deformed thinks she's f*****g Jennifer Lawrence. And when you combine that with the fact that they're also completely, and often times, willfully, ignorant of the differences between the sexes... well, that's a recipe for disaster, right there. :roll:

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:59 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Liking women as people doesn't make women want to sleep with you(or even date you for that matter). My main point is that the first step towards dating success is finding a woman who actually likes who you are and is attracted to you sexually without having to do all that "alpha make" posturing.

What do you do if she doesn't exist?

Gauldoth wrote:
The problem is what I mentioned in that other thread; most women nowadays tend to grossly overestimate their own value and desirability. We live in a time where pretty much every woman who isn't hideously deformed thinks she's f*****g Jennifer Lawrence. And when you combine that with the fact that they're also completely, and often times, willfully, ignorant of the differences between the sexes... well, that's a recipe for disaster, right there. :roll:

So you're saying that most women are either single or unhappy about their partners?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 5:35 am

314pe wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Liking women as people doesn't make women want to sleep with you(or even date you for that matter). My main point is that the first step towards dating success is finding a woman who actually likes who you are and is attracted to you sexually without having to do all that "alpha make" posturing.

What do you do if she doesn't exist?

Well, if she doesn't exist, you do nothing, because there's no point IF this is true.

Trouble is, you have no humanly possible way of knowing whether this is true or not. The only real choice you have is either try and keep trying, or just give up. People who can handle a little pain and effort will try until they succeed. Lazy people will give up and drop out of the dating pool.

314pe wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:

So you're saying that most women are either single or unhappy about their partners?

Come on, now, I think Gauldoth has a point here. I wouldn't say "pretty much every woman." But people in general do tend to be self-absorbed and detached from reality. So if you're unhappy with your situation, ultimately you only have yourself to blame. If you don't like being single, devote your life to finding a partner at any cost. If you're unhappy about your partner, either choose to be happy with your partner or dump your partner. BTW, it's the "choose to be happy" option we struggle with the most. I think my wife farts fairy dust. We have our issues…who doesn't? So do I think she farts fairy dust because she really is perfect, or is it because I choose to idealize her? Same applies to not liking being single. You can either choose to like it or you can do something about it (or die trying).

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 6:16 am

AngelRho wrote:
Well, if she doesn't exist, you do nothing, because there's no point IF this is true.

Trouble is, you have no humanly possible way of knowing whether this is true or not. The only real choice you have is either try and keep trying, or just give up. People who can handle a little pain and effort will try until they succeed. Lazy people will give up and drop out of the dating pool.

You can be fairly certain about it because people aren't completely unique. There isn't someone for everyone. Some people will inevitably fail. Not all 'forever alones'™ are lazy.

AngelRho wrote:
Come on, now, I think Gauldoth has a point here. I wouldn't say "pretty much every woman." But people in general do tend to be self-absorbed and detached from reality. So if you're unhappy with your situation, ultimately you only have yourself to blame. If you don't like being single, devote your life to finding a partner at any cost. If you're unhappy about your partner, either choose to be happy with your partner or dump your partner. BTW, it's the "choose to be happy" option we struggle with the most. I think my wife farts fairy dust. We have our issues…who doesn't? So do I think she farts fairy dust because she really is perfect, or is it because I choose to idealize her? Same applies to not liking being single. You can either choose to like it or you can do something about it (or die trying).

If it was easy to be happy alone, we would have gone extinct a long time ago. Too bad that this thing that we need to survive as a species is also the thing that causes so much suffering for each individual. Well, at least we, aspies, know enough to value our solitude.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 6:32 am

AngelRho wrote:

Here's the key difference though: if you're a low-status male with delusions, society will very quickly put you in your place and beat said delusions out of your head, sometimes figuratively, sometimes literally. This just doesn't happen with women; they're told from day one that they're special, that they can do whatever they want, and that men will be willing to compromise endlessly for their benefit. :roll: