Ever thought about becoming a homosexual?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ever thought about becoming a homosexual?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 22 ]
No 64%  64%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 61

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 10:00 pm

I know this sounds like a strange thing to say, and before I say anything else I want to clarify that I am straight and have never seriously contemplated the option of becoming a homosexual, but I've wondered quite a few times that maybe if I were a homosexual my romantic life wouldn't be inexistent. Throughout my life, after all, more than one homosexual man has acted very "friendly" towards me.

Who else has contemplated this option?

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Dec 2007, 10:07 pm

the grass is always greener on the other side...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 10:11 pm

First off: no.

Second: Even the homosexual men avoid me like the plague... the only people that hit on me are straight men trying to make fun of me (except for this one biology class I had to take, where everyone, male or female, was hitting on me because I actually knew the class material...)

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2007, 10:36 pm

Yeah, I've thought about it. I still think that if I fell for a woman, I'd go for it... but I've just never been really attracted to a woman. So while one could say I'm theoretically bi, in practice I'm totally hetero.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm

I never thought of being any type of "sexual".

(Good old narrow/focused interests that exclude everything else.)

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2007, 10:56 pm

It has occurred to me, but I've never seriously considered it... besides, I don't think you can really "become" gay if you're not already, just as you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone.
Though I have noticed that I consistently get along with guys better than girls (even if only a few guys).

SnoKone
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2007, 11:04 pm

I agree with the previous post. You can certainly choose to have sex with someone of the same gender, and you can enjoy it, but I've never met anyone who could actually change who they were attracted to for intimacy and romance, i.e., love.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 11:31 pm

No, on account of I am a sex craved maniac. Otherwise, why not? I do enjoy looking at coat hangers. Entropy makes me feel giddy, as does many science topics (don't ask if you don't already know). Stimming makes me happy too. I am heterosexual but I find certain stereotypical sexually neutral objects, well, sexy. Again, please don't ask me.

Aside from that, I have a daddy fixation.

Why, oh why, did I ever respond to this thread? What was I (not) thinking......

Last edited by LabPet on 05 Dec 2007, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 11:40 pm

I think there are both people who are born gay and others who make a choice about choosing to be gay.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 11:42 pm

No.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 11:58 pm

Hasn't it been proven that homosexuality is a genetic brain variation?

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 12:10 am

I've never had a sexual preference based on gender. When I was younger (12 - 17) I really wanted to be either straight or gay because I thought it would be easier. But I soon realized I was neither and there was nothing I could do about it. And I wouldn't want to act in a way that contradicts who I am.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2007, 12:12 am

No, and it'd never happen even if I tried playing that side of the field, since I seem to effect reverse-homophobia: gay men seem to be more deeply disturbed by my behavior than any other demographic of people.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

05 Dec 2007, 12:12 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:

No, though bad reporting has made it appear that way. Such things do not get "proven", I don't believe. (But that's probably a matter of semantics, as I don't regard pretty much any medical or psychological study as having proven anything at all.) IMO, the media oversimplifies research to the point of distortion. It has been noted that there are some physical characteristics that seem to be linked with homosexual preference, but that certainly doesn't bar anybody without that proclivity from having homosexual encounters.

I sort of feel like SpaceStace. But men have a special something (not that) that I find more emotionally fulfilling.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2007, 1:34 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:

No it has not. There are possibly genetic factors that may predispose one towards being gay but there has never been any "gay gene" that has been discovered.

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2007, 1:47 am

Yes... I actually am very rarely attracted to anyone... and certainly not "sexually"... so while I 'prefer' guys in the sense my personality gets along better with theirs, that doesn't really mean I'm hetereosexual, so if I found a girl who's personality worked well with mine, then maybe... but alas, I really would just prefer being alone