Male Mammals - we are also Male Mammals.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:11 pm

I watched that on TV, it's a program called "Ultimate Animal Countdown" - episode: "Fighters" - I couldn't find a good version on youtube.

It's a countdown show from least to most harsh fight among males of same species, tigers, lions, hippo, even the "gentle" giraffes .... the males of MANY mammal species, probably most of them, fight to death or to cripple, all for the sake of the female monopoly.

It's a life lessons for those.....who deny the patriarchal nature of Homo Sapiens and dream about a fictional matriarchal prehistory of humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqdn0SMU4DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRnSehrM1Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDsvnk1Y64

But you know who would be the real species #1 in this?

This species:

Come on, deny it more.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 06 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm

Generally its male mammals that fight but not universal, I believe with Gerbils its the females.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm

Out of idle curiosity, who on WP is denying this?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

I always thought people were either fish or reptiles....though.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2018, 5:39 pm

You're male mammals? C'mon, I know for sure U R mushrooms.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 8:31 pm

:colors: Some of us are what we eat.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 8:42 pm

preaching to the choir, boo. misanthropism seems to be everywhere on the internet these days.

that said, you aren't wrong. chimps are quite savage as well.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 10:14 pm

I saw an article once that stated humans are exceptionally homicidal as a species when it comes to adult homicide and human males the most so.

I think part of this is due to the fact that it's physically easier for humans to kill each other, being we tend to use tools to do so. Compare that to rams, where fights are common but rarely deadly. For one ram to kill another would take a lot of luck and effort.

We also have a concept of death that rams probably don't so a ram might decide that it's good enough to get the other ram to go away while a human might decide to make the other person go away as well...but forever.

Last, we are related to chimpanzees....the violent, murderous jerks of the jungle.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 4:25 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Like, Many? Half of WP?? Everytime when there's a mentioning of alpha / beta males in some thread in L&D you will see users claiming how this is not true, and how we humans are like bonobos, and how our hunter-gathererers ancestors were matriarchal, and how alphas don't exist in wolves (yet we are primates, not canines)....bla bla.

All of this is false, except the wolf part perhaps but it's not related to our species - so using the wolf model to deny the existence human's alpha males is ridiculous.

Example of such users are all the feminists, and others like kraftie, kara, sweetleaf, that guy who thinks Greeks found small penises attractive (false) ...etc there were many deniers of this but i don't frankly remember all the names.

But they were many. There's so much denial of our patriarchal nature.

Now, I am not promoting for humans to stay like this, evolution path may change, maybe we started deviating now toward a more egalitarian species....maybe.

But it's silly to deny our evolutionary past so far.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 12:19 am

I'm sure there's plenty of non-mammal creatures that fight each other.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 12:24 am

Chronos wrote:
Last, we are related to chimpanzees....the violent, murderous jerks of the jungle.

You made me laugh out loud, thanks Chronos, I needed that, you are a pretty amazing person.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

blackicmenace wrote:
Chronos wrote:

You made me laugh out loud, thanks Chronos, I needed that, you are a pretty amazing person.

Thank you. I'm glad I have brought some joy to your day.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

Perhaps we males should be kept at a low ratio in comparison to females for the betterment of the species as a whole. The chosen males could be used for breeding purposes. Sounds like a movie in the making. I wonder what a world like that would be like.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:25 am

Chronos wrote:
I saw an article once that stated humans are exceptionally homicidal as a species when it comes to adult homicide and human males the most so.

I think part of this is due to the fact that it's physically easier for humans to kill each other, being we tend to use tools to do so. Compare that to rams, where fights are common but rarely deadly. For one ram to kill another would take a lot of luck and effort.

We also have a concept of death that rams probably don't so a ram might decide that it's good enough to get the other ram to go away while a human might decide to make the other person go away as well...but forever.

Hoo hoo! Go make me a banana sammich.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Like, Many? Half of WP?? Everytime when there's a mentioning of alpha / beta males in some thread in L&D you will see users claiming how this is not true, and how we humans are like bonobos, and how our hunter-gathererers ancestors were matriarchal, and how alphas don't exist in wolves (yet we are primates, not canines)....bla bla.

All of this is false, except the wolf part perhaps but it's not related to our species - so using the wolf model to deny the existence human's alpha males is ridiculous.

Example of such users are all the feminists, and others like kraftie, kara, sweetleaf, that guy who thinks Greeks found small penises attractive (false) ...etc there were many deniers of this but i don't frankly remember all the names.

But they were many. There's so much denial of our patriarchal nature.

Now, I am not promoting for humans to stay like this, evolution path may change, maybe we started deviating now toward a more egalitarian species....maybe.

But it's silly to deny our evolutionary past so far.

Okabaka is a recent example of deniers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Perhaps we males should be kept at a low ratio in comparison to females for the betterment of the species as a whole. The chosen males could be used for breeding purposes. Sounds like a movie in the making. I wonder what a world like that would be like.

i'm no geneticist but i feel this isn't very good for the gene pool.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.