Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I predict that as technology advances, there will be less pressure on aspie males, at least.
or more easy to just avoid us all together and get that prime nt man.
artificial intelligence is making leaps and bounds.
but that cost lots of money and I can't have little AI babies with my AI wife.
there are already over 7 billion people on this overcrowded earth, I for one don't wish to add to this world's burden. AI will lead to android-like companions for those of us who aren't compatible with humans.
If a few million of us don't have kids (me for instance, fatherhood doesn't appeal to me much), it will not cause an underpopulation crisis.

But if in an attempt to avoid a malthusian catastrophe, everyone stops having kids, it would lead to human extinction. For this reason at least some people have to have kids.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I predict that as technology advances, there will be less pressure on aspie males, at least.
or more easy to just avoid us all together and get that prime nt man.
artificial intelligence is making leaps and bounds.
but that cost lots of money and I can't have little AI babies with my AI wife.
there are already over 7 billion people on this overcrowded earth, I for one don't wish to add to this world's burden. AI will lead to android-like companions for those of us who aren't compatible with humans.
If a few million of us don't have kids (me for instance, fatherhood doesn't appeal to me much), it will not cause an underpopulation crisis.

But if in an attempt to avoid a malthusian catastrophe, everyone stops having kids, it would lead to human extinction. For this reason at least some people have to have kids.

this will not be a problem unless something happens that causes widespread infertility, this is not an impossibility.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:25 am

rdos wrote:
314pe wrote:
jimmyboy76453 wrote:
The very best way to make sure that you are right is to 1. stop looking for a partner 2. learn how to be happy and functional as a single person.
That's like telling a jobless person to not look for a job and learn to be happy unemployed. How would that increase their chances of finding a job?
Yeah, that's about the worse thing to do. A much better way is to get a secret crush on somebody and be happy for that.
No, the best thing to tell a bachelor or bachelorette who doesn't wish to remain so is to get back out there and try twice as hard. Just waiting won't do it. You can't sit at home and wait for your love to show up at the door. You have to put in some effort. We reap what we sow.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:38 am

work isn't enough, there has to be intelligence behind it all or else it is just treading water.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 4:46 pm

Thank you for sharing the article, Alex.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 8:50 am

This is a really nice story! And I don't know why some people are so negative about it and/or about their age. First of all this can happen at any age, and having found a partner, and especially one that you get along so well with, at any age, is something positive and amazing, even for any "neurotypical" person.

Also some mention children; in some cases you can adopt even if you are older, but even if you don't have children at all you will probably avoid the trap that so many parents fall in, i.e. both become completely focused on the child, forget everything they liked about each other, and it ends with a divorce. Either way, why not try to appreciate what you have and be happy about it, instead of focusing on something that you don't have, and wouldn't necessarily make you happy anyway.

Zoso
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2015, 4:32 pm

I don't know about this. Besides, the ASD Individuals community hates my guts already!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

Zoso wrote:
I don't know about this. Besides, the ASD Individuals community hates my guts already!

there are AS people out there who don't hate your guts.

Kamil Fuchs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2017, 12:13 pm

I have been looking for another such story for more than two years now! My experience and belief, shared by many aspies, is that aspie-aspie relationships are the best! We don't lie, we're loyal, we care for others, we understand things if they have some logic. Non-aspies should be jealous haha!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 4:36 pm

^^^^hi Kamil :) welcome to our club 8)

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2017, 6:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
54. hmm. so waited all the life and only find love near the end, happy they are happy but that is depressing to me :(

That's only around halfway through one's adult years.

Except it would be hard to have a child at this point.

Yes, even for men - fertility decreases, sperm quality decreases, and the risk of pre-term birth and having a child with disorders and limb defects increase with men's age.
And even if the child is healthy, there are social cons for having an old dad, the child might be deprived from dad-child activities that only a young dad can physically do - also the old dad is more likely to die before the child is ready to be independent than the young dad case.

Also the need to find a partner with a bigger age gap would be harder in the first place.

Not everyone wants to have a kid.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

some of us simply are not well-suited for parenthood.

Kamil Fuchs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Mar 2017, 7:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^hi Kamil :) welcome to our club 8)

Thanks!