Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:57 am

Written by a female HuffPost columnist.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/maya-kachroo- ... -zone-you/

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

I have definitely used 1, 2, and 3 on my boyfriend in just our normal texting. I think this woman is being way too subtle if thats how she tells people she isn't interested.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 10:21 am

Alliekit wrote:
I have definitely used 1, 2, and 3 on my boyfriend in just our normal texting. I think this woman is being way too subtle if thats how she tells people she isn't interested.

NT women are that subtle.

The thing is if a guy is kind of hitting on you and trying to get your attention and you have a suspicion that he fancies you, but hasn't directly told you that he does, it would be a bit presumptious to directly tell him, "look, cool it a bit. I don't want to go out with you."

She's subtly trying to avoid him and hopes that he'll realise she's not that keen.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

All of those texts are very subjective and don't always mean friend zone. It all depends on the person and situation really.

I hate how so many people act like relationship experts these days. Most are just fools looking for quick money, attention or whatever.

This reminds me of a radio host here. She gives dating and love advice- but she's been through several divorces! Now I don't know all the details on those divorces- but going through so much stuff doesn't always make you an expert. I personally would rather get advice from someone that's currently in a long relationship. Not someone that constantly goes through bad stuff. Sure perhaps the guy is to blame for each her divorces, but I somehow doubt it. Divorce happens for many reasons- and plenty of times its because of both people.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm

I've done 2, 4, 5, 8, and 12. 2 and 4 are essentially the same thing, you're brushing someone off with the pretext of busy-ness - the fact is I DON'T check my phone at work and me and my friends often mess around on our devices while we're hanging out so I would have no problem texting then lol.

Some of those can apply to avoiding people who are trying to be friends but that you don't really want to be friends with either.

I don't get 1, because what's brush off about telling someone to have a good night? That makes zero sense to me, that's literally just manners. And I do sometimes use it to stop talking to people, but not as a long term brush off, it's usually because I'm either legitimately tired or overwhelmed from talking too much.

3 can go either way - I sometimes use it as a brush off if I'm angry at someone or if I'm not interested, or sometimes I'm just not feeling chatty. Though again, I'm more likely to ignore a text for the time being if that's the case.

As someone who lacks initiative romantically (I'm terrified of rejection), 7 doesn't make sense to me either. I'm not likely to make even subtle maneuvers to gauge someone's interest (like how they suggest someone would ask what they were up to that weekend) and am always asking people how things are going because I'm engaged in other people's lives. And it's good manners.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 12:50 pm

Well... Machete would never do that...

Carmelpopcorn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2016, 1:45 pm

Alliekit wrote:

Depends on how the person uses texting. I text for logistics, period, so vast majority of my texts w/boyfriend are "yes", "work's crazy busy", "taco place at 8" or "running late". I don't use texting for convos.

Also, friend zone is mythical.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm

I'm gonna start calling it "the unicorn zone"

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 7:51 am

Carmelpopcorn wrote:
Also, friend zone is mythical.

hurtloam wrote:
I'm gonna start calling it "the unicorn zone"

Sometimes it exists, sometimes it's just the guy being butthurt.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 2:43 pm

Let's call it, the "The zone that katy doesn't believe it exists"

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 2:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Didn't notice it was Katy! Hadn't seen her in a while, I was a bit worried.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 3:01 pm

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Didn't notice it was Katy! Hadn't seen her in a while, I was a bit worried.

She is immortal, always resurrecting.

She'll clearly be living longer than us.

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2016, 7:18 pm

What about someone who wants to seriously commit?

All of these sound like someone who just wants to get in a woman's pants.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 9:06 am

Non_Passerine wrote:
What about someone who wants to seriously commit?

All of these sound like someone who just wants to get in a woman's pants.

What, are you serious??? The "weirdest" thing I saw in article was
Quote:
1. The “Have a good night!” text.

People read this as flirty and think it opens the door up to a “sweet dreams baby”-type response.

And it was in just one of the 12 situations. I hope you are joking.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:06 am

^ Nowadays, saying Hi to a woman would be considered trying to get in her pants.

Best headache-free solution: Never to initiate any talk to women.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Nowadays, saying Hi to a woman would be considered trying to get in her pants.

Best headache-free solution: Never to initiate any talk to women.