Is a man with long hair unattractive ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 1:33 pm

I seem to think I having long wavy hair is not attractive to women, and the reason why I haven't had much luck when trying to talk to people on dating sites, meeting or talking to them in public or at work, but I feel like they not all interested. My hair only reaches half way down my neck, not very long hair that some men have in heavy metal bands, I don't like my hair to be that long. I find women with short hair attractive so I don't see why men with long hair are unattractive. Surely it should be about the personalty and not always looks the looks that people go for. Since college my hair has been long, I've never had it shaved off or maybe it had shaved on the sides and left long at the top and front that I seem to the think is the latest style for men lately and I've never followed those styles.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Nov 2018, 1:49 pm

It all depends on the person. Long hair, or fairly long wavy hair as in your case suit some guys but not others. I've never worn my hair long as it doesn't suit me and also makes me uncomfortable, especially in summer.

I am also no slave to fashion. A guy should just "be himself " and be happy with whatever style he chooses.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 5:43 pm

I have found that girls who like long hair on a guy, really like long hair on a guy.

I've never heard a girl say they don't like long hair, but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking it.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 5:59 pm

I'm a heterosexual male, but personally, I wouldn't give the time of day to a man with long hair, generally speaking.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 6:19 pm

Many women DO like men with long hair. You'd be surprised how many!

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many women DO like men with long hair. You'd be surprised how many!

I think that is the biggest problem of long hair. Wifes and other men become jealously if it looks really good. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 7:19 pm

Long hair and a guitar are both rather extreme hits with women frequently.

They just LOVE the Rock-n-Roll type!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:46 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to think I having long wavy hair is not attractive to women, and the reason why I haven't had much luck when trying to talk to people on dating sites, meeting or talking to them in public or at work, but I feel like they not all interested. My hair only reaches half way down my neck, not very long hair that some men have in heavy metal bands, I don't like my hair to be that long. I find women with short hair attractive so I don't see why men with long hair are unattractive. Surely it should be about the personalty and not always looks the looks that people go for. Since college my hair has been long, I've never had it shaved off or maybe it had shaved on the sides and left long at the top and front that I seem to the think is the latest style for men lately and I've never followed those styles.

I quite like long hair on men. I don't know why more men don't have long hair.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:49 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I'm a heterosexual male, but personally, I wouldn't give the time of day to a man with long hair, generally speaking.

Well from my perspective that puts you pretty low. I'm a long haired guy with a watch who doesn't selectively ignore people with normal hair. Actually I keep my hair long for the shock value because it's none of your damn business. You're not likely to hear a guy with long hair speak generally about you. We put up with exactly this type of BS constantly.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Last edited by cberg on 08 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:50 pm

It could be that most men don't want to go through the awkward phase of growing out their hair from short to long.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm

Here's the short version of why I keep my hair long: It's there to remind people that I'm more concerned with them than I am with my own appearance.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:54 pm

BTDT wrote:
It could be that most men don't want to go through the awkward phase of growing out their hair from short to long.

I do want a good cut that leaves my hair long even if I'm not about to impulsively get a haircut.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:56 pm

I just look better with short hair...

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm

If you are poor and your clothes are bad, then long hair will come across as unattractive, not so employable.

If you are a rich rock star, and dress to show it, and are strutting about, the women would not leave you alone.

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 9:11 pm

I don't even recognize myself with short hair, so that's another reason.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 9:12 pm

Richard_the_ Dogged wrote:
If you are poor and your clothes are bad, then long hair will come across as unattractive, not so employable.

If you are a rich rock star, and dress to show it, and are strutting about, the women would not leave you alone.

Richard

Well I'm poor but I have a serious job that's unlikely to leave me that way.