Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 7:01 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ya gotta know that in 2004 we lost our marbles at the split-second sight of a tit during the superbowl.
It was shown on pretty much all the news programs for a week straight. The ironic thing is that it was almost always completely shown, not blurred or cut off or anything while the news people were talking about how bad it was cuz pretty much the whole country was watching at the time. The news stations should NOT have been showing it if they had a problem with people seeing it, f#ckihg hypocrites.

all the local stations at the time either didn't show it even late at night, or cut off just before, or blurred it. the stations in your market must've been more liberal than ours.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2019, 7:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ya gotta know that in 2004 we lost our marbles at the split-second sight of a tit during the superbowl.
It was shown on pretty much all the news programs for a week straight. The ironic thing is that it was almost always completely shown, not blurred or cut off or anything while the news people were talking about how bad it was cuz pretty much the whole country was watching at the time. The news stations should NOT have been showing it if they had a problem with people seeing it, f#ckihg hypocrites.

all the local stations at the time either didn't show it even late at night, or cut off just before, or blurred it. the stations in your market must've been more liberal than ours.
I'm from a pretty conservative area(deep south) but I think the news stations cared more about ratings.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t like flipping the bird myself...

The Janet Jackson “controversy” was ridiculous.
I don't really care about what gestures people make with their hands since their just hands.
I completely agree about the Janet controversy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 7:17 am

Would anybody like somebody “giving you the finger”?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 12:21 pm

My dream lady would walk up to the top of a mountain with me and spend time just looking down at the view and enjoy sharing each others company. I may even share my sandwiches with her! :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 7:30 pm

1. He has to be at my exact functioning level (able to make eye contact, talk, no social awkwardness and knows how to behave appropriately in every social situation.
2. Dresses like he has some common sense (nice jeans, a band tee with a band I like on it, none of that trash that would be stigmatizing and embarrass me such as Nickleback, Papa Roach and Justin Bieber)
3. Patient and just as talkative as me
4. Likes video games
5. Is okay with my girly instinct and tendencies
6. Doesn't eat gross food. I don't eat fast food and neither should he
7. Longer hair because guys I've dated with short hair are very...well...lame

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:05 pm

Someone who accepts me as I am.
Someone who is willing to work through problems together.
Someone who is self aware and can articulate what they need.
Someone who is affectionate.
Someone who believes I am beautiful.
Someone who loves me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:37 pm

^^^that makes me cry :cry:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:51 pm

A man who is nice, loves animals (particularly cats) and won't reject me because I am different.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 1:47 am

She would have to be 25-31.

Interested in Genealogy, Video Games, Movies, Listening to music, Museums, Nature.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2019, 2:35 am

Myself cloned.

OR someone complementary, I guess. ffffffffff

But I could really help myself out.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 6:42 pm

I have my ideal partner.

However, I think topics like this can be somewhat counter productive if taken at face value. Only experiencing a stable relationship can give you a sense of who is a good fit. Many people have plenty of experience but they haven't had a sense of balance in their relationships. In searching for ideal traits they open themselves up to be exploited.

Personality is dynamic. People have a range of states and behaviours. So any ideal is exactly that. You will get to know eachother over time warts and all. If you are accepting of the the majority you are doing well

Social status expection imbalance and lack of genuine affinity leads to unhappy relationships.

We have a strong understanding of eachother that very intuitive. We are very accommodating of eachother. That is the key. It is a sure sign of a strong relationship. If it comes naturally that you are accepting of one another, and this is no effort then you are onto a winner.

We both have a low tolerance for drama especially people who create drama. We both are socially awkward, in our own way. She is a very empathetic loving person even though people can be tiresome sometimes. We express out affection for eachother differently but the effect is similar.

I also think love (such as is) is is a creative act between partners. It is something you create together. Chemistry is massively important, but it is an active process. It is quite possible that there is truth to the old adage of not rushing in. I'm not talking about sex, but more giving time for relationship to flourish in an unforced way. The other reason why idealism can be counter productive is a preconception of a relationship placing unrealistic expectations and leading to pre-empting failure.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:10 pm

My ideal partner would have both "hot" looking to me physically but also has a generally better personality.
Why are both in the same package so rare?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:16 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
My ideal partner would have both "hot" looking to me physically but also has a generally better personality.

Do you have both traits?

I guess it depends on what you mean by “hot.” I think most people are attractive in some way. It’s probably harder to find emotional compatibility.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:18 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it really depends on what "hot" means to you? if it's the conventional definition then searching for a conventionally "hot" person who also has a great personality who is also single (we always forget that last one) would be like Diogenes (the world's first cynic) searching for an honest man in ancient Greece.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:19 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Do you have both traits?

I guess it depends on what you mean by “hot.” I think most people are attractive in some way. It’s probably harder to find emotional compatibility.

Hi Twighlight...looks like we are both on the same wavelength today :)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Do you have both traits?

Hi Twighlight...looks like we are both on the same wavelength today :)

I’m sure it won’t last. :P