League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 12:28 pm

nick007 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
^ It kind of sounds like he was too drunk to consent, if he had drunkenly gone to bed and she snuck in.

If she started riding him without his consent, that would be rape.

If a drunk woman decides to sleep with a guy, the man is painted as a rapist. But if the same happens to a guy, he cheated than being raped by the woman? Why isn't it that a drunk woman cheated when she decided to sleep with a man while intoxicated?
Good point. For the record my opinion on this would be the same regardless of either of their genders.

Then you are called a mysoginist by feminists for being mad at the woman for being drunk because "victim blaming."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 12:36 pm

I once saw a case on the Dr. Phil show where a man was on there and he believed he never raped this woman. He was charged with rape but believed he was falsely accused. His claimed the woman got on top of him and started to make out so he went along with it. Dr. Phil said he was victim blaming and pointed out drunk people cannot consent and you do not let it happen if they are drunk. You do not take advantage of it.

This made me think about men who drink and have sex, that means they are raped too even if they make the first move and the woman goes along with it. She raped him. But society will say the man cheated and raped. The man can still be just as traumatized as a woman who was raped when she drank too much. Now imagine if it cost him his family or relationship even if he was traumatized because that woman took advantage of him. If a man did this to his woman, he is a misogynist but if a woman does it, everyone is praising her and I once got a shedload of upvotes on Reddit when I told a woman her partner was raped and she is victim blaming and only if genders were reversed. He was walking home after he had drank too much and some woman offered him a ride home but instead she took him to her place and slept with him and now the man was traumatized what happened when the drink wore off and he was more there and realized what happened.

Now what about two drunk people having sex? But it's always the man that is charged even if he is drunk.

I am using Dr. Phil logic here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Nov 2023, 2:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
nick007 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
^ It kind of sounds like he was too drunk to consent, if he had drunkenly gone to bed and she snuck in.

If she started riding him without his consent, that would be rape.

If a drunk woman decides to sleep with a guy, the man is painted as a rapist. But if the same happens to a guy, he cheated than being raped by the woman? Why isn't it that a drunk woman cheated when she decided to sleep with a man while intoxicated?
Good point. For the record my opinion on this would be the same regardless of either of their genders.

Then you are called a mysoginist by feminists for being mad at the woman for being drunk because "victim blaming."
True but various other times feminists call me a male feminist. I'm an equal opportunity offender. I really hate double standards & I sometimes point out ineqality. People don't know what to make of me & different people can refer to me in opposite ways so it sounds like they are talking about different people.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 2:50 pm

Not all feminists think the same. However, I suspect that most, including myself, would hate when anyone is sexually abused or mistreated.

It’s a delicate issue because some members here may have experienced assault when they were under the influence of something.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 7:21 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
In my opinion, if a person drank too much to make an informed decision, it's rape.

In Australia if the female is too imbibed to remember (and there are no witnesses) then she can't prosecute
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-14/ ... /102860610

I suspect this is why Bill Cosby was able to evade prosecution for so long and why supreme court justice Brett Kavanaugh avoided prosecution in the US.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 4:28 am

It was not in his own home. He has his own room he sleeps in at a friends house where they were all at. It was probably around 7 people drinking together in a large house.They do it every so often after having endless days of being busy at work and need a break. This girl is new to the job and has been there maybe 3 weeks at most.

And for those of you that go with the whole cheating is cheating i feel thats unfair. As other have pointed out if it had been a female it would have been considered rape.

He wouldn't have had a melt down and been missing for nearly 24 hours because he was devastated and couldn't handle what had happened. If it had been consensual he would have been sorry but not wishing to leave everyone and everything behind because he feels like he broke himself in that act. And before anyone asks yes, he does have a lot of issues but having them doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be loved or not treated with kindness and understanding.

I dont have experience with anyone with autism before. I'm learning to understand him and his melt downs when things overwhelm him emotionally and he needs the space. I'm an extremely empathetic and emotional person who talks feelings out and problems. It's difficult for me to be so far and not be able to comfort someone in emotional distress. I'm still learning that when he asks for space to clear the mess in his head that i need to step back and wait.

He needs someone on his side and not just yelling at him like our other friends did. Anger is always everyone's first reaction and can create more damage to the person already distressed. Was i hurt? Hell yea i was, but i know he's beating himself up more than i ever could to him. Sometimes we're our own worst enemies in life.

Last edited by foxylildvl on 22 Nov 2023, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 4:33 am

foxylildvl wrote:
It was not in his own home. He has his own room he sleeps in at a friends house where they were all at. It was probably around 7 people drinking together in a large house.They do it every so often after having endless days of being busy at work and need a break. This girl is new to the job and has been there maybe 3 weeks at most.

That doesn't change the obvious, it was not "accidental". Your Boyfriend gave in to his personal desires > his relationship to you.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 4:48 am

For me its accidental because without being drunk he would have rebuffed like all the other times she tried. He and others pointed it our numerous times he had a partner and she was unfortunately relentless in getting his attention any way she could.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 9:10 am

foxylildvl wrote:

And for those of you that go with the whole cheating is cheating i feel thats unfair. As other have pointed out if it had been a female it would have been considered rape.

He wouldn't have had a melt down and been missing for nearly 24 hours because he was devastated and couldn't handle what had happened. If it had been consensual he would have been sorry but not wishing to leave everyone and everything behind because he feels like he broke himself in that act. And before anyone asks yes, he does have a lot of issues but having them doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be loved or not treated with kindness and understanding.

I dont have experience with anyone with autism before. I'm learning to understand him and his melt downs when things overwhelm him emotionally and he needs the space. I'm an extremely empathetic and emotional person who talks feelings out and problems. It's difficult for me to be so far and not be able to comfort someone in emotional distress. I'm still learning that when he asks for space to clear the mess in his head that i need to step back and wait.

He needs someone on his side and not just yelling at him like our other friends did. Anger is always everyone's first reaction and can create more damage to the person already distressed. Was i hurt? Hell yea i was, but i know he's beating himself up more than i ever could to him. Sometimes we're our own worst enemies in life.

Don't make the mistake of knee jerk assuming his rotten action was because of his autism. Autistic people are very much capable of doing nasty, rotten things.

Ostentatiously beating oneself up is a very common blame deflection mechanism among cheaters. I suggest you read the Chump Lady blog for much hard earned insight into how cheaters (men and women) behave. To use a Chump Lady phrase, don't engage in Copium.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 11:50 am

I'm not assuming its his austism is to blame or not. I'm not a horse with blinders but i have to wait for him to actually tell me the whole story to make a judgement call one way or the other.

I'm not a stranger to imbibing to the point of my reasoning skills being dulled and sleeping with someone i didn't want to and have regrets in the morning. I will read what you suggested as I'm open to hearing people's opinions.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 3:38 pm

A better option is for both of you to seek couples therapy and have a objective third party ask both of you what you want out of a relationship. Perhaps your B/F had his reasons and if he is serious about mending his bonds he should be open to speak openly in front of you, Once you know the reasons and he opens up then you are then in a better position to offer him support.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2023, 4:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
A better option is for both of you to seek couples therapy and have a objective third party ask both of you what you want out of a relationship. Perhaps your B/F had his reasons and if he is serious about mending his bonds he should be open to speak openly in front of you, Once you know the reasons and he opens up then you are then in a better position to offer him support.
I'm kinda abit confused on this but I think their relationship is long distance & they have not met in person yet. If this is the case, couple's couseling won't really be viable for a while. Also needing to start couples couseling in the early stages of a relationship seems to me like a major red flag.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 4:51 pm

If he accidentally cheated as you claim why are you angry? Accidents aren't anyone's fault...and should be forgiven. The fact that you are angry means you don't believe it was an accident - that means he cheated and you should break up.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 5:27 pm

I'm not angry at him. I'm angry at the female who didn't understand no the many other times he told her no and our friends as well that told her to lay off. And yea conciling aint gonna work bc we're long distance. Either way these past couple of days he's finally spoken to me and said he's still having trouble processing his feelings about the situation.

He's told me he's high functioning austistic, I have zero clue still what that really means because we're still so new. His PTSD issues from past abusive relationships doesn't help our situation either.

I have to remind everyone that he and I were friends first before randomly going left one day and he asked me to date him officially in march. Figuring out everything was already hard in general bc we're far apart and we were supposed to start flying over to see one another regularly to see if it would work out.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 5:29 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I once saw a case on the Dr. Phil show where a man was on there and he believed he never raped this woman. He was charged with rape but believed he was falsely accused. His claimed the woman got on top of him and started to make out so he went along with it. Dr. Phil said he was victim blaming and pointed out drunk people cannot consent and you do not let it happen if they are drunk. You do not take advantage of it.

Doctor Phil is the biggest scam artist. He's a liar with a napoleon complex.

Has Doctor Phil never been in an intimate situation that involves non-verbal consent? Has Doctor Phil never heard of body language?

I've been in mutually consenual situations where neither of us said a word. They started like "he woman got on top of him and started to make out so he went along with it" but the difference is they didn't lead to rape charges.

It's possible she regretted the deed afterwards so she wanted to make it look like it wasn't her idea. Possible but that doesn't mean all rape charges are like that. It's no reason not to believe women just because of a few bad eggs like her.

Naturally Doctor Phil, being Doctor Phil took the side against logic and reason and somehow proved that he knows even less about psychology than the average person who hasn't studied psychology.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 5:36 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
I'm not angry at him. I'm angry at the female who didn't understand no the many other times he told her no and our friends as well that told her to lay off. And yea conciling aint gonna work bc we're long distance. Either way these past couple of days he's finally spoken to me and said he's still having trouble processing his feelings about the situation.

He's told me he's high functioning austistic, I have zero clue still what that really means because we're still so new. His PTSD issues from past abusive relationships doesn't help our situation either.

I have to remind everyone that he and I were friends first before randomly going left one day and he asked me to date him officially in march. Figuring out everything was already hard in general bc we're far apart and we were supposed to start flying over to see one another regularly to see if it would work out.

This is a difficult situation. I hope you've told him that you forgive him and that you don't consider it your fault.

I really hope things work out for both of you.