My brother STILL has issues with me getting married and...

Page 5 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:33 pm

:lol: Rum is British slang for something that is a bit odd or strange

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm

babybird wrote:
:lol: Rum is British slang for something that is a bit odd or strange

Oh lol

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 11:31 pm

Nades wrote:
I would get your pap smear for the sake of it and you don't need to go before sex anyway. I noticed HPV seems to be a big cause of cancer and seeing you're a virgin I wouldn't be overly worried about it, especially at your age. I don't really know why people are getting a bit naggy about it.

You don't understand why people are pushing her to get one done because judging by what you said, you are lacking the correct/complete information.

- Women start getting PAP's at 21, unless they have become sexually active already.
- The HPV test is not needed until one has started having sex
- A pap test and an HPV test are not the same thing, just collected the same way
- A pap test is important for as basic healthcare

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
It is mainly my neighbor Lorry and Cathy and my therapist but I could probably start having sex without getting a Pap smear right away

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Maybe not full-on sex until I go to the OBGYN for the Pap Smear just to get everyone off my back about this but touching and making out for SURE!! !

They care about you, they are concerned about your health. You are deserving to be well cared for. Please look into getting one done.

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
However I still think Jerry needs to be given a chance to prove his worth

He's likely not a virgin like you, right? I would suggest having him show you his STD/STI test results before you do anything with him. If he refuses, that's really the only chance you need to give him

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 1:09 am

Alterity wrote:
He's likely not a virgin like you, right? I would suggest having him show you his STD/STI test results before you do anything with him. If he refuses, that's really the only chance you need to give him

Woah! easy, women sure know how to hurt a man :lol:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 2:01 am

Alterity wrote:
Nades wrote:
I would get your pap smear for the sake of it and you don't need to go before sex anyway. I noticed HPV seems to be a big cause of cancer and seeing you're a virgin I wouldn't be overly worried about it, especially at your age. I don't really know why people are getting a bit naggy about it.

You don't understand why people are pushing her to get one done because judging by what you said, you are lacking the correct/complete information.

- Women start getting PAP's at 21, unless they have become sexually active already.
- The HPV test is not needed until one has started having sex
- A pap test and an HPV test are not the same thing, just collected the same way
- A pap test is important for as basic healthcare

I would always recommend getting it done, but she's in the lowest risk group being young and a virgin and she thinks people are nagging her. It just needs to be kept in perspective.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 2:48 am

This woman just wants sex not a science lesson.

Just whack a Johnny on him sweetheart and get the job done.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 3:01 am

babybird wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 3:31 am

babybird wrote:

And yeah, no need to worry about STD's with a Johnny.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:08 am

Nades wrote:
babybird wrote:

And yeah, no need to worry about STD's with a Johnny.

You forgot the "/s".

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:09 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If he's experienced, he'll do it himself, or it's not happening.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:19 am

Personally I'd be more concerned about an unwanted pregnancy

You can take an antibiotic if you get a dose but it's not so cut and dried if you find yourself up the junction

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:25 am

Although my opinion is probably not welcome, I feel I should point out that OP is a vulnerable autistic woman, and may be putting herself at risk for SA. I won't try to explain why I think so, but I'm surprised that the usual suspects, those who post constantly about SA on this site, have been so quiet.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:31 am

MaxE wrote:
Although my opinion is probably not welcome, I feel I should point out that OP is a vulnerable autistic woman, and may be putting herself at risk for SA. I won't try to explain why I think so, but I'm surprised that the usual suspects, those who post constantly about SA on this site, have been so quiet.

The topic has come up in other threads with Miku. We aren’t obligated to talk about it in every thread she participates in.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:32 am

You're right she is vulnerable. I'm surprised by the same thing that you're surprised by.

I just think that if she wants sex and she has found someone to do it with then she should just go for it.

You read so many posts on this site from people who struggle to even find a person willing to have sex with them for whatever reason and this person in this thread does seem to have a chance at doing it.

Of course I want her to be safe and I wish her all the very best. There's only so much advice you can give a person without going overboard and completely putting them off.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 8:38 am

babybird wrote:
You're right she is vulnerable. I'm surprised by the same thing that you're surprised by.

I just think that if she wants sex and she has found someone to do it with then she should just go for it.

You read so many posts on this site from people who struggle to even find a person willing to have sex with them for whatever reason and this person in this thread does seem to have a chance at doing it.

Of course I want her to be safe and I wish her all the very best. There's only so much advice you can give a person without going overboard and completely putting them off.

Same. She's 31 years old now and has waited long enough, she's finally getting her chance. There's going to be risks in all sexual encounters but the worst I see I some guy with a criminal record (a lot of people have records) that doesn't seem overly serious.

I don't see anything that rings alarm bells just yet. Just use a condom and it'll be OK.

I don't get all this concern posters are showing about risks when the average 31 year old has had unprotected sex hundreds, if not thousands of times with 2 or 3 people by that age and probably several more with protection and most have OK experiences. I personally don't even bother with condoms sometimes and just test when needed but obviously I'm not at risk of pregnancy. I also never had any issues with abusive behaviour or STD's.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 8:44 am

A very high percentage of autistic women do experience sexual violence according to the research. Caution is certainly prudent here no matter the age of the OP. A person can be just as vulnerable at 31 as they were at 13. I think she should wait for a decent guy to come along, not Jerry. The guy apparently was in jail for smashing stuff with a stick or baseball bat?? He doesn’t seem like a worthy candidate.