Why do girls want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 6 of 29 [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 2:38 pm

eamonn wrote:
I forgot to mention though as society becomes more "civilised" that women's survival instincts change and tough guys become less important (though in rough areas and situations they are still a commodity) then money and status through less primitave means become more important in partner choice. Of course for a lot of women looks are important but they are far more likely than men to go with someone deamed ugly if they have status.

I'll not bother to dissect and respond to your post bit by bit, as I have neither the time, nor the patience, nor the interest to do so. Suffice it to say, I'm terribly glad that I'm NOTHING like the women you've described here, nor can I relate to them in any way. \m/ :evil:

~Steve Jobs

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:12 pm

I would like to point out that arrogance is a feature that is sometimes seen as attractive in men only. :)

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:14 pm

eamonn wrote:
I would like to point out that arrogance is a feature that is sometimes seen as attractive in men only. :)

Naturally, especially in (patronizing) patriarchal societies...and mainly by the (patronizing) patriarchs. :wink:

~Steve Jobs

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:20 pm

shall i seethe quietly, or shall i reply...?

this, of course, begs the question as to whether the few last posts above (excepting SINsister's) are worthy of comment. no - i think i shall not dignify them with a response. but just writing this to let you know that. heaven forfend anyone should think i'd ignored them.

actually, can't even be arsed seething - they're not even worthy of that effort :P

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:22 pm

*Gives vetivert the high-5* \m/ :twisted:

~Steve Jobs

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:33 pm

I wont even respond to comments from you pair with a post because they arent worthy of a response from me! No wait a minute, I think i just done that. :roll:

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 3:35 pm

eamonn wrote:
I wont even respond to comments from you pair with a post because they arent worthy of a response from me! No wait a minute, I think i just done that. :roll:

Muahahahaha!! ! :twisted:

~Steve Jobs

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:13 pm

Quote:
chamoisee wrote:

honesty, including (and most importantly) honesty with oneself

Honesty may be a virtue, but it d*mned well isn't healthy, and I know that for a fact. From experience. People lie and hide things for a good reason. We live in a world where being open about yourself with anyone can degrade you and destroy your soul, where being dishonest with yourself is the ultimate key to security and the best way of dealing with the troubles you've left behind. Think on it.

Suit youself. <shrug>

But think about it in the context of the discussion at hand; are cocky, arrogany, egocentric men being honets with themselves? They positively exude falsness/phoniness, and I h ave no use at all for phony people.

I certainly didn't mean that in order to be honest, we shoudl spill our guts to the world...just that one should be aware and concious of our own shortcomings and faults and human weaknesses. I tend to think that in order for life to get better, one first has to have a very solid grasp of what the reality is.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:25 pm

chamoisee wrote:
Quote:
chamoisee wrote:

honesty, including (and most importantly) honesty with oneself

Honesty may be a virtue, but it d*mned well isn't healthy, and I know that for a fact. From experience. People lie and hide things for a good reason. We live in a world where being open about yourself with anyone can degrade you and destroy your soul, where being dishonest with yourself is the ultimate key to security and the best way of dealing with the troubles you've left behind. Think on it.

Suit youself. <shrug>

But think about it in the context of the discussion at hand; are cocky, arrogany, egocentric men being honets with themselves? They positively exude falsness/phoniness, and I h ave no use at all for phony people.

I certainly didn't mean that in order to be honest, we shoudl spill our guts to the world...just that one should be aware and concious of our own shortcomings and faults and human weaknesses. I tend to think that in order for life to get better, one first has to have a very solid grasp of what the reality is.

True. Oh well. It sucks. Why do nice guys finish last?

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:27 pm

SINsister wrote:
*Gives vetivert the high-5* \m/ :twisted:

watch us GO, boys! :P

;)

lol

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:28 pm

SINsister wrote:
eamonn wrote:

Muahahahaha!! ! :twisted:

eeeaaamonnnnn! we have you in our pooooooowwwerrrrrr! resistance is fuuuuutiiiiile!

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:29 pm

Why do women not want to go out with "geeks"? They can turn them into their own gimps.

AND THEN I CRIED.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 5:05 pm

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
gimps.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a gimp?

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 5:14 pm

chamoisee wrote:
...I tend to think that in order for life to get better, one first has to have a very solid grasp of what the reality is.

Hear, hear.

~Steve Jobs

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 5:15 pm

Yupa wrote:
Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
gimps.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a gimp?

Sex slave. Or someone in bondage.

AND THEN I CRIED.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 5:17 pm

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
Why do women not want to go out with "geeks"? They can turn them into their own gimps.

:( Erm...that's most definitely NOT on my agenda for dating "geeks"! I don't want to "turn" any guy into *anything* he's not - and I expect the same respect in return. That's why I want a guy who's like me, vs. an arrogant s.o.b. I don't take orders from anybody.

~Steve Jobs