Why do girls want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 17 of 29 [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 1:49 pm

Maybe you're yet to develop you're manliness. Aspie guys are on average late bloomers apparently.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 1:54 pm

vetivert wrote:
oh, come off it, eamonn - you know perfectly well that trying to rile me by making it look as though i "have an agenda", and that i believe that those qualities are negative, doesn't work. :)

"sticks and stones..." ? ;)

You mentioned before that you are a feminist. They dont have agendas? News for you kiddo, everyone has an agenda.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 3:16 pm

true. however, my "agenda" is, as i say, treating people as individuals and not as stereotypes.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 3:19 pm

Who wants to hear about single people though unless they are famous? If i was to stop stereotyping it would seriously limit my allready limited conversations.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 3:52 pm

LOL (big grinny face)

try stunning them with tales of boxing. my dad used to be a boxing trainer, and we lived more or less next door to john h. stracey, AND i played the organ at charlie magri's wedding. (big-badaboom smiley face)

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 9:12 pm

Eamonn: I wasn't being sexist, I was stating the simple fact that according to the definition of sexism as prejudiced against sex, you are being sexist. Thankyou, however, for pointing out that you are not sexist to all women. I shall now have the pleasure of suggesting that you are sexist AND racist!

As for suppression of thought, I am glad that you don't think we should be suppressed: neither do I! For this reason I shall continue to use emoticons and say as I please whilst maintaining the utmost respect for other people! :wink:

AlecZander
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2005, 9:26 pm

Boy, I puzzled over this one for a long time.

The best answer I came up with was that a good bit of mating behavior is below the surface, and many women don't even realize what they are doing.

Scientifically speaking, women are sexually excited and and drawn to more domineering, powerful, and profligate men, both in relationships and in money. They can't help it without conscious effort and a good bit of training in wisdom. Pheromones, cutural training, and the programming of sexual desire all militate against making a settled, rational, decent choice.

I have found that the older women get, the more they have learned in this regard. After they have been through a few sleazy guys, a few cheaters, etc., they wake up and say: "Wait a minute, I want a guy that treats me decently, even if he doesn't drive a Porche or take me to Hawaii."

Unfortunately for younger men, it's unusual for a woman to do this before 30-35, if she's going to at all.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 9:38 pm

PhoenixKitten wrote:
I shall now have the pleasure of suggesting that you are sexist AND racist!

I shall continue to use emoticons and say as I please whilst maintaining the utmost respect for other people! :wink:

You get pleasure out of suggesting that someones sexist and racist? No wonder you're doing it then. As for the rest, you do that sweetheart! :wink: (virtual pat to the head)

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:10 pm

*ducks and blocks*

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GA

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:19 pm

(virtually annoyed at PhoenixKitten's virtual duck and block)

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:48 pm

Is it just me or is Eamonn being difficult? :?

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:01 pm

He comes across that way to me too. Maybe we should ask him? :?

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:04 pm

Yes, please do.

GA :arrow:

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:09 pm

Nah im being humorous. I thought that was obvious. I will however refrain from interacting with anyone who requests so.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2005, 3:04 am

i assumed you were being humorous, eamonn (otherwise i would have had something to say), but it might be worth remembering that people here may well take things literally. i certainly have to think about what you say very carefully.