Why do girls want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 21 of 29 [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:30 am

I don't like it when ANYBODY is better than me at things.

I cringe when somebody "out-clevers" me to this day LOL

But I've learned to realize that I'm probably better at some things than most people....and probably worse (sometimes way worse) at some things than most people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:34 am

Gallia wrote:
... why do men want dumb, dolled-up girls?
Well, many men believe that...

- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that six inches is a foot (and I'm not talking shoe size here).
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that she can't get pregnant the first time she has sex.
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that he will respect her in the morning and love her always.
- It's easy for a 'dumb' man to feel 'smart' around a 'dumb' girl.
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that abuse is affection.
- It's easy to convince a jury that a dolled-up girl was "asking for it".
- It's easy to convince a jury that a dolled-up girl looks like she's older than 17.
- A dolled-up girl is 'easy'.

... and so many more. :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't like it when ANYBODY is better than me at things.

I cringe when somebody "out-clevers" me to this day LOL

But I've learned to realize that I'm probably better at some things than most people....and probably worse (sometimes way worse) at some things than most people.

ahah well at least you are consistent across genders!

i can't say i'm not proud and don't like to outsmart everyone :mrgreen:

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:37 am

Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
... why do men want dumb, dolled-up girls?
Well, many men believe that...

- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that six inches is a foot (and I'm not talking shoe size here).
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that she can't get pregnant the first time she has sex.
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that he will respect her in the morning and love her always.
- It's easy for a 'dumb' man to feel 'smart' around a 'dumb' girl.
- It's easy to convince a 'dumb' girl that abuse is affection.
- It's easy to convince a jury that a dolled-up girl was "asking for it".
- It's easy to convince a jury that a dolled-up girl looks like she's older than 17.
- A dolled-up girl is 'easy'.

... and so many more. :roll:

so true :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:40 am

It's a natural way of being----to be at least somewhat competitive.

I once received a third-place trophy in bowling; I wanted to burn the thing.

I've noticed that many "noncompetitive" people are actually competitive in their noncompetitiveness.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 3:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's a natural way of being----to be at least somewhat competitive.

I once received a third-place trophy in bowling; I wanted to burn the thing.

I've noticed that many "noncompetitive" people are actually competitive in their noncompetitiveness.

im also very competitive. tho i think what i was getting at was that some guys prefer me/ other women to be less smart than them so they can put us down/ feel superior rather than having a healthy competition based on mutual respect!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 4:55 pm

angela8 wrote:
Cocky is sexy in the short term only. After a few months, I'd be seriously annoyed with that kind of assiness, and we would dump the arrogant man. Cocky doesn't mean abusive.

Digging long dead threads isn't sexy though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 5:11 pm

I genuinely find intelligence in women arousing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 5:28 pm

I feel “putting down” is a waste of my time.....a waste of air, really. :arrow:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 5:49 pm

This thread is from 2005...just so you guys know.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 5:54 pm

Heading deep into 21st century we seeing more of exposed Darwinism across all generations thanks to technology, society and media influences. It breeding stereotypical and narcissist people. Being in late 20's I am seeing over the years lot of cocky guys get engaged with women who are smarter than them.

Hell there lot of single mothers in their 30's where women start to realise their problems, but doesn't prove in low socioeconomic and low education backgrounds (stereotypes of bogan, rednecks etc). Education is becoming poorer here in Australia while international immigration have higher class and well educated people. The problem is colonial society from the British empire era, with Roman culture it actually being passed onto generations.

So today women dumbing themselves with social media, taking multiple selfies, being competitive in noncompetitive environment and that. Lot of people are now single too. Many of them have dogs and cats as pets in their single households. They said they don't want a relationship because of no passion nor compassion with other human being. Your pets help with your own love.

So we are being trapped in between uneducated breeding and lack of compassion.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 7:13 pm

I'd say because we're on this planet to mess with each other and by that set of metric those guys get top marks.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:20 am

Mordy wrote:
ghotistix wrote:
Most girls declare these kinds of claims complete nonsense, but it can be pretty hard to ignore when you're a guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, who is generally in complete working order, and who is strangely ignored by girls. I've lost count of the number of lonely guys I've known who would clearly make outstandingly devoted and kind long term partners with those they were interested in, far more so than the cocky as*holes. It's hard to see exactly why it happens, but I'd say there are a lot of women who are attracted

ugh it's not the cocky "as*holes", in fact when a girl says her boyfriend is a "jerk" 9 times out of 10 its because she didn't get what she wanted and starts crying like a 3 year old. Not because the guy is truly 'a jerk'. Next many men of high value (good looks, personality, social status), have their pick of the women and are not needy... this is the biggest turn off to women: Needy nice guys.

It's also a fact that the "nice guys" are losers in some way:

**They are boring people (limited interests)
**Socially inept (perhaps?)
**They are wusses around women (treat them different then they'd treat there guy friends or just strangers)
**They are too serious all the time
**Have no sense of humor
**Have no sense of adventure
**Are afraid of being their BEST selves, and expressing themselves they see inside their fantasies in their minds eye
**Are needy / in too much of need of validation and approval from other people or strangers
**Are not properly groomed / Bad hair / clothes / fashion sense

I could probably go on... but many "nice guys" need a good kick in the butt and stand up for themselves and stop SUPPLICATING women, thats the problem with those kinds of guys...

DO NOT TREAT A WOMAN ANY DIFFERENTLY THEN YOU WOULD YOUR GUY FRIEND OR YOUR BRATTY SISTER. Many women are not that wonderful to be around, period. Wussy guys should take charge more and dump women they don't like instead of being slave to their desire for sex.

The fact is *real men* get laid, wussy guys who treat women like they are goddesses do not. the fact 'wussy' nice guys either 1) get their feelings involved way too fast or 2) have no clue how to vibe with women or 3) do not know how to show women a good time.

I'm sure the ladies in the thread can add their horror stories of lame "nice guys", who just didn't "get it".

I hate to say it, but this is true. :P

When women say they want a nice guy, they are only telling half the story. What they are really saying, is that they want a nice guy, that is confident, and isn't needy, clingy, too agreeable, or puts them on a pedestal.

When they go for the "jerks", they are choosing them based on their confidence (or perceived confidence), and overlooking their negative qualities. Most of them eventually realize these negative qualities, then complain because they can never find a "nice" guy. :P

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2018, 3:21 am

Mordy wrote:
Needy nice guys.

It's also a fact that the "nice guys" are losers in some way:

**They are boring people (limited interests)
**Socially inept (perhaps?)
**They are wusses around women (treat them different then they'd treat there guy friends or just strangers)
**They are too serious all the time
**Have no sense of humor
**Have no sense of adventure
**Are afraid of being their BEST selves, and expressing themselves they see inside their fantasies in their minds eye
**Are needy / in too much of need of validation and approval from other people or strangers
**Are not properly groomed / Bad hair / clothes / fashion sense

I could probably go on... but many "nice guys" need a good kick in the butt and stand up for themselves and stop SUPPLICATING women, thats the problem with those kinds of guys...

DO NOT TREAT A WOMAN ANY DIFFERENTLY THEN YOU WOULD YOUR GUY FRIEND OR YOUR BRATTY SISTER. Many women are not that wonderful to be around, period. Wussy guys should take charge more and dump women they don't like instead of being slave to their desire for sex.

The fact is *real men* get laid, wussy guys who treat women like they are goddesses do not. the fact 'wussy' nice guys either 1) get their feelings involved way too fast or 2) have no clue how to vibe with women or 3) do not know how to show women a good time.

I'm sure the ladies in the thread can add their horror stories of lame "nice guys", who just didn't "get it".

My understanding has become that such "nice guy" types are seen by women as the absolute antithesis of Men. Lame "Nice Guy" is in fact seen as worse than actual abusers. Being a wimpy "nice guy" is a guaranteed ticket to being an involuntary celibate. I see it as a matter of make sweeping changes to your behaviour(If the bullet points are applicable) or else join the monastery.

SilverStar wrote:
I hate to say it, but this is true. :P
When women say they want a nice guy, they are only telling half the story. What they are really saying, is that they want a nice guy, that is confident, and isn't needy, clingy, too agreeable, or puts them on a pedestal.

When they go for the "jerks", they are choosing them based on their confidence (or perceived confidence), and overlooking their negative qualities. Most of them eventually realize these negative qualities, then complain because they can never find a "nice" guy. :P

I view "want a nice guy" as a 100% false statement that weeds out what is seen as the absolute worst. It's a statement meant to eliminate what's seen as the very worst prospective men and it's believed that acting like a "nice guy" is exactly what an actual dangerous individual such as a murder would behave like on first meeting a victim.

It's really the inverse of the story.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 8:55 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
... which should give you some indication as to how desperate people are to find something worthy of discussion on this website...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:14 pm

I don't know. I find cocky, arrogant guys quite painful to be in the presence of, to be honest.

Fnord wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
... which should give you some indication as to how desperate people are to find something worthy of discussion on this website...

:lol: