Why do girls want cocky, arrogant guys?

Page 25 of 29 [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 7:12 pm

New dartboard photo confirmed :lol:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 7:23 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
^Wet blanket? Isn't it white blanket sweetheart or am I being stupid here? Never heard wet blanket before :lol: . If you have a wet blanket, you had an accident :wink:

Wet blanket = boring.

Don't be that guy. Show a spark.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 7:27 pm

^Yeah, you are correct Milady, just looked it up. Never heard that before :lol: . Learn something every day. We have a saying in my country that involves white blankets so it confused me greatly.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 7:46 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Don't be that guy. Show a spark.

Personally often experience women being very boring. So don't be that woman as well. Show some spark :wink:

Most of all.

Be sexy:

Be smart:

Be cuckoo:

I know, I'm crazy, got that spark though 8)

Sahh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jun 2018, 10:29 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
When I went through Airmen Leadership School, I made friends with a dude who was into video games and a gym rat, much like myself.

I invited him to come hang out with me because I thought he was cool. Unknown to me, he was interested in more than friendship.
Wouldn't it be a lot easier for guys if they didn't try to befriend girls before dating them? I find it works better to just go directly to dating.

I think you'd be limiting yourself further from potential connections, as that's not always an option. Do you think it would be so bad if you actually became friends with her instead of developing something romantic? I don't believe in the "Friend Zone" I think it's just as misguided as that whole "Nice Guy" cliche. Sure, you may not end up dating, but by getting to know her first, you're not hurting your chances, only helping them, as long as you go into it genuinely without expectation.

Women feel cornered by men constantly. It's exhausting to often feel sexually pressured, but also responsible for someone's emotional well being in the response to that pressure. If you can go into the interaction without assuming your immediate gain from it, and making her feel like a connection is an ultimatum, then you have the potential of a more open reception.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2018, 12:54 am

Sahh wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Wouldn't it be a lot easier for guys if they didn't try to befriend girls before dating them? I find it works better to just go directly to dating.

I think you'd be limiting yourself further from potential connections, as that's not always an option. Do you think it would be so bad if you actually became friends with her instead of developing something romantic? I don't believe in the "Friend Zone" I think it's just as misguided as that whole "Nice Guy" cliche. Sure, you may not end up dating, but by getting to know her first, you're not hurting your chances, only helping them, as long as you go into it genuinely without expectation.

Women feel cornered by men constantly. It's exhausting to often feel sexually pressured, but also responsible for someone's emotional well being in the response to that pressure. If you can go into the interaction without assuming your immediate gain from it, and making her feel like a connection is an ultimatum, then you have the potential of a more open reception.

That's a really good point, going into it genuinely without expectations.

I think what my ideal strategy would be is aiming to always have no expectations imposed on others but trying to conduct my behaviour in a manner conducive to romantic opportunities arising or at least reducing or eliminating behaviours that will drastically decrease romantic opportunities. The best way would be if I could go about daily life without any regularly occurring thoughts about wanting a relationship(Therefore zero of the toxic Nice Guy behaviours ever occurring) and noticing women showing interest.

My mindset and source of interest in this topic is one of wanting to ensure I don't go all the way to 50 years old only to wonder why relationship never ever happened and what I should have done differently. My viewpoint is that in any given year (at least before the time when I am old) there should be a non-zero number of opportunities. If there are no opportunities in the span of a full year then that is indicative of problems.

I want to be mindful of the possibility that changes may need to happen.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 1:46 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
^ What happened to your sunflower?

Peace is a dying currency??

I think some here refer to certain guys as cocky and arrogant, but there's a reason they are getting the dates and to many of you, that is the end game is it not?

I think it might be worth analysing the positive traits of these men, rather than focusing on their negatives..because that's exactly what the women dating them are doing.

I always respect your insightful snd sensible posts.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 1:49 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
^Wet blanket? Isn't it white blanket sweetheart or am I being stupid here? Never heard wet blanket before :lol: . If you have a wet blanket, you had an accident :wink:

Another version of “wet blanket” is “wet bus ticket”, or “drip”. Unfortunately I was trained to use those terms to describe boring people with no personality from a young age. :oops: :oops:

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 1:50 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
I have been nice to many women and have been asked out by them from out of nowhere. Was not looking for love or anything. Back then I wasn't a confident man. Stop generalizing women and blaming them for your problems.

The reason they probably asked you out, was because you weren't pursuing them. You may not have felt confident, but you weren't being desperate, either. In their eyes, not being desperate is a sign of confidence. Not exactly the true "nice guy" profile...and yes, I'm profiling guys now. lol

Last edited by SilverStar on 25 Jun 2018, 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 2:02 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Self proclaimed nice guys are just as bad as cocky arrogant guys. Gross, selfish, entitled and irresponsible.

Nothing is ever their fault, its always the women who won’t have sex with them.

Note. Women are not vending machines you put kindness chips into and get sex or relationships out of.

One guy did this to me recently when I went into suicide mode.

Doesn’t understand why I no longer want a conversation with him. If he ever directly asks, I’ll tell him it’s because he’s a disgusting, entitled a***hole.

One good thing about the "cocky, arrogant" guys, is that are usually direct, and upfront about their intentions with women. They may be a jerk about things, but at least they are usually honest about what they want.

With many "nice guys", they will hang around women and pretend to be their best friend, and many times, even outright lie to them about their intentions, and then go on to talk about the "jerks" that only want sex, when in reality, they want the same exact thing themselves, but won't admit it.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:34 am

SilverStar wrote:
LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
I have been nice to many women and have been asked out by them from out of nowhere. Was not looking for love or anything. Back then I wasn't a confident man. Stop generalizing women and blaming them for your problems.

The reason they probably asked you out, was because you weren't pursuing them. You may not have felt confident, but you weren't being desperate, either. In their eyes, not being desperate is a sign of confidence. Not exactly the true "nice guy" profile...and yes, I'm profiling guys now. lol

That only works if you're an interesting person though. If I act cold and aloof everyone just ignores me, lol.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:44 am

SilverStar wrote:

Well, nice guys don't pursue girls when they are helping them out :wink:

Sahh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jun 2018, 7:06 am

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
Sahh wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

That's a really good point, going into it genuinely without expectations.

I think what my ideal strategy would be is aiming to always have no expectations imposed on others but trying to conduct my behaviour in a manner conducive to romantic opportunities arising or at least reducing or eliminating behaviours that will drastically decrease romantic opportunities. The best way would be if I could go about daily life without any regularly occurring thoughts about wanting a relationship(Therefore zero of the toxic Nice Guy behaviours ever occurring) and noticing women showing interest.

My mindset and source of interest in this topic is one of wanting to ensure I don't go all the way to 50 years old only to wonder why relationship never ever happened and what I should have done differently. My viewpoint is that in any given year (at least before the time when I am old) there should be a non-zero number of opportunities. If there are no opportunities in the span of a full year then that is indicative of problems.

I want to be mindful of the possibility that changes may need to happen.

I respect that. You are worth it, I hope the right person notices.

On a side note, you don't have to just wait, either. Online dating is a real thing. A friend of mine has recently gotten engaged with someone she met online. If you go to a space where that is the expectation, then it may feel a little less confusing. At least you know that both parties are looking for something romantic.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 7:23 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:

At first I thought it refers to someone who pees in bed.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2018, 8:26 am

lol at all females turning a blind eye to the fact that many females have ons and bf who are cocku, tough and arrogant. stop denying the truth. women like as*holes. its because as*holes have great social skills, the are cool, have money, lots of friends, nice job, nice car, big dick, they are funny and the are good looking. so them being a as*hole does not really matter since they have so much to offer.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 8:44 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:

No, pretty sure it's wet blanket.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)