Date outside your race/ethnicity?

Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Would you date, or have you dated outside your race/ethnicity?
Absolutely not 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Absolutely not 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Unlikely 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Unlikely 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Can't say for sure 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Can't say for sure 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Only if no one else liked me 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Only if no one else liked me 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Good chance 9%  9%  [ 15 ]
Good chance 9%  9%  [ 15 ]
Of course 28%  28%  [ 48 ]
Of course 28%  28%  [ 48 ]
Total votes : 170

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 7:43 am

I don't mean to sound racist, but some races I find just flat unnatractive.

I'm more open to dating half and halfs.

PaulB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2005, 7:58 am

Being bi-racial myself, I don't have a choice. :wink:

I've gone out with a woman who had blonde hair and blue eyes. I've also gone out (sort of) with a woman from Kenya. As I often state: all women are beautiful (except for the really butt-ugly ones).

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 9:07 am

I find it hard enough trying to have a relationship with someone of my own race, an interracial relationship would probably just make things even more difficult! 8O ...but if its just a question of attractiveness, then I've always found Asian girls very attractive, and from time to time I've met girls from just about every ethnicity who were cute or sexy in one way or another.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 11:33 am

lowfreq50 wrote:
Most of us Aspergians really can't afford to very picky anyway.

Very true! Personally, I'd prefer to date a girl of my own race Then again, I wouldn't have a problem with dating a girl of a different race if there is a good connection between us. After all, people are people. However, for a long-term, committed relationship, I guess I'd be somewhat less open to this.

Kerrigan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2005, 2:07 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
I find some races more physically attractive than other races.
:

Me too. Asians :D

So, I do not mind.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 4:16 pm

Psychlone wrote:
Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
I would date any race. I find women of all ethnicities beautiful. :)

Good for you.

You don't have to be rude. :roll:

I am not being rude. I am not trying to be. I am saying it is good for you to be an independent thinker.

Ok, I see. Sorry. It's hard enough to detect sarcasm in real life, and even more difficult online with no emoticons being used. I just thought you were being rude and sarcastic. My apologies for the misunderstanding. :oops:

Do not worry. You do not need to apologise.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

Yameretzu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2005, 12:50 pm

I say absolutely not, not because I'm racist in ANY way I just don't fine other races attractive. To be honest I prefer paler men as well but with darker hair. I guess I'm just picky.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 1:54 pm

Yameretzu wrote:
I say absolutely not, not because I'm racist in ANY way I just don't fine other races attractive. To be honest I prefer paler men as well but with darker hair. I guess I'm just picky.

Hey, I fit those characteristics. :)

Mark
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2005, 2:12 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I find it hard enough trying to have a relationship with someone of my own race, an interracial relationship would probably just make things even more difficult! 8O ...but if its just a question of attractiveness, then I've always found Asian girls very attractive, and from time to time I've met girls from just about every ethnicity who were cute or sexy in one way or another.

I think it can be easier to date someone from another race. Cultural and linguistic differences make communication barriers explicit from the start, and any 'unusual' behaviour on the part of one or both of the partners is often attributed to this and so is perhaps more readily accepted.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2005, 5:50 pm

I'd go out with a woman of any race. However, some of the rudest women I have ever had to encounter were black women. They seem to have sorry attitudes.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 7:18 pm

I'm usually attracted to blondes and redheads, so being attracted to another race isn't usually possible. That, and I detest the culture of some races. Not in a REALLY racist way. But regardless of what's been said, we're all racist to a certain extent.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 7:20 pm

Psychlone wrote:
Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
I would date any race. I find women of all ethnicities beautiful. :)

Good for you.

You don't have to be rude. :roll:

I am not being rude. I am not trying to be. I am saying it is good for you to be an independent thinker.

Ok, I see. Sorry. It's hard enough to detect sarcasm in real life, and even more difficult online with no emoticons being used. I just thought you were being rude and sarcastic. My apologies for the misunderstanding. :oops:

Good for you. :roll:

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 10:23 pm

Speaking as one of those "rude" black women with an "attitude", I'm open to date anyone who's compatable and has character. My first true boyfriend happened to be a white guy who found black women the most attractive.

Oh, by the way, I've found that many white (and black) men don't like black women because they can't control them like those from other cultures. We're then accused of having an "attitude" because we're self confident, don't apologize for who we are and don't take crap from them like some other women will.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 11:23 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
Oh, by the way, I've found that many white (and black) men don't like black women because they can't control them like those from other cultures. We're then accused of having an "attitude" because we're self confident, don't apologize for who we are and don't take crap from them like some other women will.

I don't know what your personality is like, but what I most often observe from black women is tempermental and agressive behavior rather than mental or emotinal strengh.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 11:33 pm

Mark wrote:
AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I find it hard enough trying to have a relationship with someone of my own race, an interracial relationship would probably just make things even more difficult!
I think it can be easier to date someone from another race. Cultural and linguistic differences make communication barriers explicit from the start, and any 'unusual' behaviour on the part of one or both of the partners is often attributed to this and so is perhaps more readily accepted.

Having just ended a 7+ year interracial relationship, I'd have to agree. There is much more overt exploration of each other's cultures, during which the signs and signals for your relationship will probably be explicitly defined. In a same-race relationship there's an assumption that nothing needs to be explained.

One more benefit of an inter-racial relationship (assuming one of you is an immigrant) is better vacation options. I would never have gone to Shanghai or Beijing if I was dating a white guy or girl, but having a Chinese partner gave me an excuse (and a guide) to visit China and stay for free at his sister's apartment.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 11:44 pm

I would date someone outside my race/ethnicity. If I liked the person or found them attractive, race wouldn't be an issue.