Aspie Affection. Anyone getting played?

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 9:23 pm

So I see a number of you were wondering about this profile below:

http://aspieaffection.com/romance/showp ... php?id=979

Seen some of you post OMG at this hot "aspie" female... This is kind of weird though. Her name is Rowan or so she says. An aeronautical engineering student at Stillwater University about 50 miles from wehre I live. She emailed me at aspie affection wanting to know about my mountain bikes. So we ended up talking and sending emails for about 3 months. Maybe Ive been played I dunno... She knew more about aircraft that I fly than I did... She related and talked just like an aspie on the chatroom. She knew more about the Roman Empire than I did. Three weeks into it Rowan swore she was madly in love with me. So we arranged to meet over a long weekend after talking hours upon hours in a chat room god I count how many. The day we were suppose to meet she disappeared left me an email saying that something really big came up and she'd be gone for awhile. I hear from her about once a month or so little one liners saying she sorry. Did this happen to more than one guy? I am wondering too if this is some sort of scam... However Ive chatteed w/ aspie girls just as good looking. ANyone else on here getting played? This is confusing.

alex
Developer
Developer

17 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

kbergren21 wrote:
So I see a number of you were wondering about this profile below:

http://aspieaffection.com/romance/showp ... php?id=979

Seen some of you post OMG at this hot "aspie" female... This is kind of weird though. Her name is Rowan or so she says. An aeronautical engineering student at Stillwater University about 50 miles from wehre I live. She emailed me at aspie affection wanting to know about my mountain bikes. So we ended up talking and sending emails for about 3 months. Maybe Ive been played I dunno... She knew more about aircraft that I fly than I did... She related and talked just like an aspie on the chatroom. She knew more about the Roman Empire than I did. Three weeks into it Rowan swore she was madly in love with me. So we arranged to meet over a long weekend after talking hours upon hours in a chat room god I count how many. The day we were suppose to meet she disappeared left me an email saying that something really big came up and she'd be gone for awhile. I hear from her about once a month or so little one liners saying she sorry. Did this happen to more than one guy? I am wondering too if this is some sort of scam... However Ive chatteed w/ aspie girls just as good looking. ANyone else on here getting played? This is confusing.

did she ask for money?

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2008, 9:37 pm

No she asked for no money whatsoever... ha (I even asked her if she wanted money once and she said NO!) Its easy to find a scammers. Poor writing and english skills and misspelled words, sketchy stories... OVerall Id say she was more of an intellect than I was. Tease me with riddle frequently. Quiz me on history and talk about life. Thats why its frustrating! If it was a scam damn she was smart. But then if she was brainy why would you need to scam people for money? She make more applying herself at a job definitley.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2008, 9:44 pm

see thats why i dont do dating sites, girls got cold feet obviously. maybe she posted fake pics and shes really a man or something

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:09 pm

I just looked at her profile and what about it exactly is supposed to be Aspie? The Ayn Rand reading? It looks like something a scammer would post to get guys' attention- such as yours.
I hate to think there are scamming folks out there just looking for attention or for the pleasure of knowing they have played someone.
If it made you happy and feel attended to for awhile, I guess you got something from it, but it sounds like this person has moved on to new prey: probably another very nice, honest, and trusting Aspie guy.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:47 pm

thankfully I am not one of those 8) :lol:

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2008, 12:01 am

This is her my space profile

"Im a fly girl"

About me:
I am an intriguing person, I'd like to think. I have lived all over the world (at the behest of family). I'm a ratiocinative thinker, I love logic & analysis. I am a MENSA member, although not a very social one, and I like to dig around for new things to learn & explore. I love being the one with weird facts about things. Nuclear fusion? Yeah, we could have fun with that! Along with the serious side of me, I am a total goofball, albeit not many people get to see that side of me. Most people just see shy & quiet. (I'm not really all that shy or quiet!) Sometimes I'm just now sure "how" to relate to others.

Who I'd like to meet:
Aspies, Archaeologists, Pilots, Aeronautical Engineers, MENSA members, Brainiacs, you know, COOL people!

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 1:12 am

People may "play" with other people as a means to sift out who they think are or are not suitable partners. She may have wanted to get to "know" you without risking a lot of emotional involvement that could have come with a face to face meeting.

At least that's my theory. I do somewhat the same thing on dating websites. I will keep things casual and non-committal even though I may take a considerable interest in someone. It's my way of sifting through people to find that magic person.

Then again, the girl could have simply been infatuated and her infatuation simply left her or she could have gotten cold feet.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 1:58 am

Kbergren21 have you got a normal photo of her, as in the one that you would take yourself, as I never accept any that don't look like they took by themself, & to have the camera print the date on it.

Voice chat,
webcam,

As I never accept a photo like that, 1 tryed to use a xxx photo on me, some of them have BF's even if they say they single, really like the rest I find dating sites a waste of time, got more chance of picking a person up in a chat room or 3d chat room.

I never met 1 single person from a dating site but have met 3 on just normal chat stuff, & really ratio is way against people on them sites females get like 1000+ emails a day on busy ones, they normaly get this attitude "Why should I bother with you when I got all these people interested in me"...

I really think it's more better for the older people...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 2:28 am

That looks like a model shot...

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2008, 2:43 am

I hate wasting my time, so I've done a few things to get people to prove they are who they say they are. I try to chat on the phone ASAP and then meet them in person in a public place. If we can't meet up right away, I've asked for pictures of them holding a piece of paper with my name on it and I've asked to chat via webcams. All of those are good ways to determine if someone is a 55 year old man or a 24 year old woman.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 2:59 am

^^ Speaking as a female, I'm rather reluctant to make phone contact right away, as I want to get to know people better before giving out any personal details.
I'd be fine with chatting via webcam if I had one, and I'd also be fine with the paper-with-name-photo if I was asked for one.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 3:51 am

Yea thats messed up, if thats the only picture of her, or even if she has another one or two, and their all like model shots like that, NEVER believe it then. I know girls who honestly have nothing better to do, then to just mess with guys, who will make fake accounts, lure the guys in, make them want her, make her feel so important, then when it comes meeting time, she disappears! Thats when she either makes a whole new name, or she waits a couple months then comes back on hopeing the guy forgets and if not gives the guy some weird reason why she was missing or its like she never even existed its weird.

Make sure to have at least 2 normal pictures of the girl before deciding to meet up with them. I hate dating sites as well, thats why i dont bother with myspace or facebook, too many stalkers, aholes, or idiots just waiting to attack haha. You know its sad but true, but sometimes guys are very gulible when it comes to online stuff, i've seen guys do the unthinkable just to be even talking to a hot girl, its unbelievable. Anyways I'm sorry this happened to you, some people will do anything for attention its sad.

18 Jan 2008, 4:56 am

I don't feel comfortable talking to people on the phone from the internet at first. If someone thinks I'm a fake they can suck my ass (not literally).
I have lot of photos of me and luckily my boyfriend has a webcam.

I find it a shame there are fakers on aspie affection because then it makes it harder for aspies to meet other aspies because lot of aspies wouldn't even be registering and bam an aspie never meets someone or they get accused of being a fake and that does hurt a lot, I have been there so that's how I know.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 20 Jan 2008, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2008, 5:01 am

I believe she has been messing you about. however it would not be the first time.

Aspie Affection has been targeted by scammers before. Months ago someone appeared on there who lived in Cardiff, I'm from Bristol. I got in touch and she made a poor job of trying to act appropriately,and it only took 3 e-mails to realize she was a 419 scammer. I ceased contact and reported it to Alex, who i don't think did anything. The person responsbilie is still active though on other sites, sending more of less the same e-mails.

I've seen about 3 profiles on there which were done by dating scammers, perhaps they think Aspies will be easier to target. It;s disgraceful.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 5:56 am

I went along to Mensa a few times (too social), and I am an Objectivist. I would have been attracted by the Ayn Rand bit, but immediately put off when she declares she is Christian/other and her interests include Religion/Spirituality. The two can't really be combined without holding hugely contradicting premises.

Sounds like a scammer to me.