why do girls sometimes treat me like a little kid?

Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2008, 9:49 am

I mean I have been lucky as girls are always very sweet to me. In fact I sometimes wonder what some of the guys on Wrong Planet are doing wrong or if they just live in a conservative part of the country where people are intolerant, because they say girls aren't accepting. Anyway
It's just sometimes they seem to treat me more like a kid they would be baysitting than a potential boyfriend. (keyword sometimes). Anyway one girl who was into me for awhile after we had lunch as just friend said it was awesome hanging out with me...but her tone was like she was talking to a little kid. Another time she saw me after having not seen me for awhile and said aww I haven't seen you in forever. I mean she was very nice ansd sweet but she was talking to me like I was a freaking 5 year old? Then other times this doesn't happen at all, and girls treat me like an equal. Anyway why does everyone think this occurs? I mean my girlfriend in high school was kind of a tough girl, and even she would treat me like I was 5 years old sometimes.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 12:54 pm

This has to do with the way you come across to other people. It's very hard to tell specifically what you're doing wrong with the information you've given us, but I can venture a guess. Are you a doormat? Are you timid? Do you put aside your own wants and desires to please others all the time? If so, perhaps you should be a little more aggressive and stand up for yourself more often.

My wording here is not so hot. It sounds like I'm talking about combative situations, but I'm not really. What I'm talking about can be as simple as saying "Ok, let's meet at Location Y at X o'clock tommorrow." instead of saying "I dunno, what do you want to do?".

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:01 pm

How tall are you?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:04 pm

Quote:
My wording here is not so hot. It sounds like I'm talking about combative situations, but I'm not really. What I'm talking about can be as simple as saying "Ok, let's meet at Location Y at X o'clock tommorrow." instead of saying "I dunno, what do you want to do?".

So you admit that you have an inferiority complex of yourself toward men , what's so wrong if a guy said: "I dunno, what do you want to do?" ?? Is always the man should be the dominant and the female should always be the submissive?

Ahhh of course , it's evolution.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 28 Feb 2008, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

28 Feb 2008, 1:06 pm

viska wrote:
This has to do with the way you come across to other people.

I agree.

What's your impression of how you come across to others, kid020? Do your quirks annoy people? Are you loud? Bossy? Are you exceptionally quiet? How do guys treat you?

LPP has a point, too, about height.

Last edited by gwenevyn on 28 Feb 2008, 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:06 pm

I'm not saying the man has to always act and be dominant. But a partner who is constantly wishy-washy and never volunteers anything on their own is annoying, regardless of what gender they are.

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2008, 1:16 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
viska wrote:

I agree.

What's your impression of how you come across to others, kid020? Do your quirks annoy people? Are you loud? Bossy? Are you exceptionally quiet? How do guys treat you?

The height comment is bizarre. Many people are lots of different heights and height has nothing to do with strength or anything. I am not short or tall....now If I was unusually undersized and one of those people that was a little kid's size...then you would have a point. Otherwise the height comment is ridiculous and shows ignorance. Are you Texan or a Swede by any chance? Anyway...I come across as maybe a bit timid. Guys treat me like their equals most of the time.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:16 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:

So you admit that you have an inferiority complex of yourself toward men , what's so wrong if a guy said: "I dunno, what do you want to do?" ?? Is always the man should be the dominant and the female should always be the submissive?

Ahhh of course , it's evolution.

its not evolution, its because it shows the person has no imagination and no mind of their own if they never have any idea of what they want to do.

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2008, 1:17 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
How tall are you?

average maybe a bit below. This is irrelevant and awfully strange to say. If some ret*d was tall he would not get treated any better. Your comments are idiotic. Thank you for lowering my IQ.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:18 pm

viska wrote:
I'm not saying the man has to always act and be dominant.

I smell withdrawing here after your female instinct was exposed :P

Btw , I was joking about the inferiority complex ...what you've said is just very natural , we didn't evolve in few thousand years after all :?.

Quote:
But a partner who is constantly wishy-washy and never volunteers anything on their own is annoying, regardless of what gender they are.

Most guys won't mind a wishy-washy girl while most girls prefer a super-confident guy (why do you girls always seek for confidence in men?) ...that will make them feel more important and more in control . sounds sexist but this is true, I just I see things from evolutionist point of view :roll: .

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:22 pm

kid020 wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
How tall are you?

average maybe a bit below. This is irrelevant and awfully strange to say. If some ret*d was tall he would not get treated any better. Your comments are idiotic. .

I am very short by the way, in case you think that I was bullying you in my previous then here, I am 5'3" and I was always the shortest guy in school.

I was serious about my question ...go do some googling and read real studies about height and heightism before attacking me like an as*hole.

Quote:
Thank you for lowering my IQ

I don't think that I can lower it more than that.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 28 Feb 2008, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:22 pm

kid020 wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
How tall are you?

average maybe a bit below. This is irrelevant and awfully strange to say. If some ret*d was tall he would not get treated any better. Your comments are idiotic. Thank you for lowering my IQ.

Don't be so quick to judge and dismiss. In a Woman's eyes, physical attributes are very important for they lead to the very core of what a Human being is: A survivor.

Strong physical attributes are sought after by Women often, for it's related to the simplest of simplest of what is Human, survival of the fittest.

But, in regards to girls treating you like a child, that's easy. You're too nice. They wouldn't think of you as a child if you went and slapped them on the ass, or whispered dirty things into their ear. You're too passive, too pure. Like a child.

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2008, 1:27 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
kid020 wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
How tall are you?

average maybe a bit below. This is irrelevant and awfully strange to say. If some ret*d was tall he would not get treated any better. Your comments are idiotic. .

I am very short by the way, in case you think that I was bullying you in my previous then here, I am 5'3" and I was always the shortest guy in school.

I was serious about my question ...go do some googling and read real studies about height and heightism before attacking me like an as*hole.
So your insecure about your height, which means you think that it relates to how people treat you. This is your insecurity. My friend who in some ways is a ret*d (no offense to him) and is very tall does get talked down to. This is why your logic is flawed and ridiculous. Stop putting your insecurities on other people.

Quote:
Thank you for lowering my IQ

I don't think that I can lower it more than that.

Well your comments were stupid so you have therefore lowered my IQ.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

28 Feb 2008, 1:30 pm

kid020 wrote:
gwenevyn wrote:
viska wrote:

I agree.

The height comment is bizarre. Many people are lots of different heights and height has nothing to do with strength or anything. I am not short or tall....now If I was unusually undersized and one of those people that was a little kid's size...then you would have a point. Otherwise the height comment is ridiculous and shows ignorance. Are you Texan or a Swede by any chance? Anyway...I come across as maybe a bit timid. Guys treat me like their equals most of the time.

Well, he has already explained himself. I think you misunderstood his intent. If a guy is very short, sometimes he has a more difficult time being taken seriously by both sexes. It's not the fault of the observer to note that this is so.

Are you quite a bit more timid in person than on here? To me you come across as someone with a bit of a temper, and quite assertive.

Please no more insults, anybody.

Last edited by gwenevyn on 28 Feb 2008, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:31 pm

Try not to let LPP get to you... he's entirely set on blaming evolution for his present situation... he even has elaborate theorems set up to explain it all...

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:31 pm

Quote:
But, in regards to girls treating you like a child, that's easy. You're too nice.

Haha, he didn't sound too nice in that post , in fact ...his reaction against me was too childish and immature.

Quote:
They wouldn't think of you as a child if you went and slapped them on the ass, or whispered dirty things into their ear. You're too passive, too pure. Like a child.

Hahaha , slapping them on the ass? Even I find this too pervert. No , a guy doesn't need to slap them on the ass and he doesn't need to lick her ear , he needs to be masculine ....unfortunately genes can affect too much in the guy's level of masculinity like height , level of testosterone , shape of face , bones density .... however you can train yourself to act more masculine and that works much more than being too nice or too jerk.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 28 Feb 2008, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.