Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:25 pm

I hardly ever run into women in my age range (~21-25). I go to work; I go the gym; I go to the bookstore; I run errands (grocery store, bank, etc.). It's just so rare to even see a woman in my age range! Sometimes I enter Borders or someplace hoping to run into some women, and all I see is middle-aged, wrinkly old women; and I want to scream a series of expletives because I'm just so frustrated about it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:26 pm

I've had that problem myself.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm

Let's see...I was once that age. :lol:

Daylight...malls, office buildings, fast food and convience stores.

Some don't come out until after dark and are drawn toward places playing very loud dance music...they usually travel in packs.

I'm an Aspie though so I hung out in the used book stores, thrift shops, and quiet, dark corners of the bar when I drove NT friends out to have fun.

*crawls back under her rock*

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:07 pm

They go to school and/or work during the day.

At night, they hide in clubs, and bars, hoping a nice 21-24 year old man, such as yourself, would buy them a drink. Be prepared to pay about 5 or 6 quid per drink.

You can find tons of them downtown, where the big party scene is, or at rock festivals/concerts. Basically any place/function that serves alcohol. It seems that all they wanna do is drink.

Lame, it is, but them's the breaks.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:34 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Where do women hide?

:roll:
Well friend,
This is how you feel. And I totally respect that and wish you the best and happiness and ALL of that.

8O
Where do they hide you ask?
Sigh.
Not where; why.

You are one of hundreds of millions who feel the same way.

Imagine* your all out thinking and feeling and looking for the same thing---
I imagine that many of us are just trying to live our lives and make it through our day and guys like you are a confusing inconvienience to that.

I as a woman don't exist for your pursuit.
Sign up with a service or rearrange the way you think so that you will ATTRACT what you want.

All you all.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:53 pm

I saw a nice one in the book shop today. I just thought she'd probably have a boyfriend so I didn't bother. She was browsing a "Health" section and I had a look after she'd left and they were books about sex. It just seemed dodgy to go up to her and say hello etc.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 11:02 pm

They hide in the restrooms!! XD. Actually I think they hang out there more than hide there. It gets kind of annoying after awhile. Although that might not help you out much. I guess it all depends on where you live, what kind of places are "popular"...where I live they mostly hang out at the mall or downtown or the coffee shop or in the restrooms. The good news is, where you find one you are sure to find twenty more right behind her.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 11:10 pm

They are probably hiding where you aren't looking.

Also, I got the opposite problem, I see plenty of women everywhere but have no idea what to do about them,

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 03 Apr 2008, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2008, 11:13 pm

I hide in my apartment. When I'm not at home, I'm in class. When I'm not in class (Monday and Wednesday nights), I'm usually home. When I am located in neither place, I am at Speech at GWU if it's Wednesday. If I'm out of food or other personal stuff, I'm at either Taret, Giants, or Whole Foods. If I need a prescription refilled, I'm at CVS. Sometimes I have doc's appointments or other appointments which will create little "bumps" in my routine/schedule. Whenever I am not at any of these places, I'm usually on the bus, foot, or Metro walking to anyone of these places. I rarely have "me" time. So, even though I like books, I do not have time for the bookstore. I want to go play Scrabble tomorrow night, but it depends on my mood and whether I feel social enough to creep out of my apartment to see sun.

And yes, I do have HFA AND APD and a host of other issues AND am female who is single and 26.

My life is so friggen' predictable it's not even any funny anymore :roll:

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 11:31 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I hardly ever run into women in my age range (~21-25). I go to work; I go the gym; I go to the bookstore; I run errands (grocery store, bank, etc.). It's just so rare to even see a woman in my age range! Sometimes I enter Borders or someplace hoping to run into some women, and all I see is middle-aged, wrinkly old women; and I want to scream a series of expletives because I'm just so frustrated about it.

have you tried a starbucks, or other such place, I don't know if your going to find any women your age at a bookstore. I would even consider changing cities for a change of scenery, what are the demographics for your town, age of population.
maybe your using to much axe spray on deodorant, women don't like bug spray

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:09 am

Ah, you're out of college most likely...I'm still in it...my current guess is the cute airhead ones are either in Texiles class or the local sorority party. I'm at North Carolina State, and spend most my time on the engineering campus which with the exception of the exchange students is almost entirely male.

One day I had to take a makeup test in a building across from the Textiles college, so I used textiles to review...lunch break came and the largest congregation of Valspeak-enabled girls came in, and between the "ohmygawd" and "trippin" and other assaults on the English language, a small part of me died that day.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Apr 2008, 12:28 am

Do you live in or near a college town? When I lived in PA, I would hear the younger guys boast about their forays into a nearby college town, and meeting girls at the pubs or coffee houses. At least you know that there would be a goodly concentration of girls in the age range you are seeking. Good luck!

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:36 am

Liberal Arts school=Good for finding girls. Engineering=not so good...it's quite easy really...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:35 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Do you live in or near a college town? When I lived in PA, I would hear the younger guys boast about their forays into a nearby college town, and meeting girls at the pubs or coffee houses. At least you know that there would be a goodly concentration of girls in the age range you are seeking. Good luck!

It would also depend on the part of the country, and the prevailing local mindset.

Outside of the Deep South and the northern Rockies, one really shouldn't have any problems.

Texas is a mixed bag. Most of the big cities (although I'm not really sure about El Paso), have neighborhoods where we're going to be more tolerated.

Of the moderate-sized towns (50,000-300,000 people), avoid Midland, Abilene, and Waco like the plague.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 04 Apr 2008, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:48 pm

they run away once they see you :lol:

j/k

maybe this map can be useful to you:

it might just be a hoax tho.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 04 Apr 2008, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:58 pm

Alaspi wrote:
They hide in the restrooms!! XD. Actually I think they hang out there more than hide there. It gets kind of annoying after awhile.

Then put on a dress and heels, swing open that forbidden door and get to socializin'! :chin: