never feel passionate love, only platonic

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2008, 4:27 am

i've meet some girls over the last few months but never develop any feeling beyond platonic friendship. I got close to 2 or 3 of them but never develop that passionate feeling of love for any of them. i just love being friends with them i just cant imagine having a relationship beyond that with them.

maybe im dead inside?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 6:55 am

You mean as in no visual or physical attraction to them?

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2008, 7:37 am

aaronrey wrote:
maybe im dead inside?

what does this mean to you?

i really doubt that you are "dead inside" even metaphorically

the fact that you would be thinking about and possibly seeking passionate love would be evidence to this...

i don't think it's too unusual to not have developed strong feelings, looking at you're only talking about less than a handful of people.

maybe they just aren't your "type".

"loving being friends" is just as emotional as anything

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2008, 8:42 am

i can admit they're pretty and attractive but i never got this "wow! i want this girl to be my girlfriend" feeling.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 9:04 am

Maybe you're asexual. Or pre-homosexual.

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 10:43 am

Im not sure it means anything. I can go for years without finding anyone that I find in the slightest bit attractive - in the sense of wanting a relationship with them. But then occasionally, at an inconvenient time, I will suddenly fall for someone. I think that it just happens that there are very few people that I would consider having a relationship with.

I would warn you though, to not force yourself into a relationship with one of your platonic friends, however much you like them, it is not fair on them or you. I did this - after 3 years of finding noone attractive, I started going out with my (now ex) husband. I really forced myself to love him - and it worked in a way because he did become like a brother to me, but the physical side of the relationship I found extremely unpleasant, and I made him terribly unhappy after years of rejection by me. We ended up divorcing, which in a way was a shame because we did (and still do) get on really well, but without that spark of physical attraction it just wasnt working.