Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 4:25 pm

I just feel like nobody will take the time to get to know me...I'm a really good person, honest, serious, sweet...I know I'm insecure, and not many people like Autism...but I'm really nice
I just want a boyfriend that's loyal and likes me...is that so much to ask?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 4:26 pm

I am in the same situation.

Unfortunately, I'm about 10 years older than you.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 4:59 pm

10 years is nothing. Go for it!

Finding the right person is difficult and that is for everyone.

Loyalty is rare.

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2008, 5:01 pm

Most of us are in the same situation. Young, old, intelligent, dumb, socially aware or not, we dont get many chances. Find your opportunity and make it work, best you can do in these days.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 5:07 pm

Hmm it's hard to get to know someone maybe be friends with people and try to understand them, I'm sure you can get one if you really want one just be sure it's someone who's good to you :)

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 5:16 pm

I like you plenty,
if you lived near me and I was close to your age I would say lets go out for
coffee and chat and get to know each other better,,
if your just talking about here on this forum, hey I like you plenty,
I been here for over 3.7 years and am hardly noticed by anyone,
at least not enough they post appreciation threads and the like in my honer,
but this does not mean people does not like me.

Now what you need to do is get out and be visible,
you can not attract men if they never see you.

Last edited by aspergian_mutant on 31 May 2008, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2008, 5:17 pm

I'm sure there's someone out there for you. In fact, your autism may actually be an asset. It means that all the people who like you will be openminded and flexible, and you won't have to work so hard to weed out the jerks.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 5:18 pm

There are a few people out there who aren't like most of those other people. Not that many, but they do exist. Often, but not always, they're people most other people don't notice.

It's a lot harder for us, but as you've noticed, there are a few people here who have managed to get together with somebody who actually appreciates them and cares about them.

It does happen, so it can happen. Some young guy who hooks up with you is gonna have a good thing in his life.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 5:32 pm

You seem like a very likable person. I'm sure someone will find you and think "oh my gosh she is so cool I need to get to know her right now!" Just wait. :D :D

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 5:34 pm

iceb wrote:
10 years is nothing. Go for it!

Finding the right person is difficult and that is for everyone.

Loyalty is rare.

No, I just prefer people closer to my age.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 6:04 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I just feel like nobody will take the time to get to know me...I'm a really good person, honest, serious, sweet...I know I'm insecure, and not many people like Autism...but I'm really nice

No, it isn't too much to ask for. Those are traits that any guy in his right mind would want. It may seem like there isn't anyone but there is someone out there waiting to meet you.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2008, 6:05 pm

ebec11 wrote:

If you seem underage, bring it up early when you meet a guy and show him ID. Churches are full of respectable guys. You could also try activities at your local community college or university. Spin your presence as being gifted and high school stuff bores you. That should get you started.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 8:02 pm

I look older then I am actually. I'm 16, but most people tell me I look around 18 :twisted:
I'm not religious, so that's not where I'm going to meet somebody
I have a crush on somebody at my school, I'm just worried that he's not going to be interested anymore (he's definitely showing interest - my mom agrees) when he finds out I'm Autistic, even though I have many good traits. I know it would be his loss if that happened, but it would be mine too...

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 8:21 pm

All I'm going to say here is Ebec11, you're not alone. I'm 34 years old, and just beginning to come out of my shielded "woman repellant" fortress. Unlike you, though, I am completely clueless! I'm also honest, friendly, warm, sweet, maybe a sense of humor (at least that's what the cops in prison told me...just majorly kidding - I have never been in prison, and I'm not wanting to end up there). Ebec, I can only say that love or even friendship happens when you least expect it. I can only hope that someone will see you for you. Take care.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 8:28 pm

16? Well, that may be part of the problem...;) honestly, I don't want to sound condescending, or preach down at you, so please don't take it that way.

Women your age are more mature than boys that age (I used to be one...;) Lots of people, NT or AS, are insecure, confused, and trying to figure out what and who they are. Loyalty is hard to come by. It can be found, though, you just have to keep looking. Most guys are a little clueless as to how to approach someone, and you either get jerks, or ...not jerks.

Just take some time, and as you do get older, the men will eventually (well, some of them) grow up enough to be worthwhile for something serious. Now is the time to have all those experiences that you practice to deal with life. And eventually give your parents gray hair...;) (it worked with me..I have a daughter who aged me...;)

You have an advantage in knowing much more about yourself than I did at that age (being in the 70s didn't help much...;). You can learn to accommodate, and I'm sure there's someone out there who will give you what you're looking for...you just have to go through a few guys first...;)

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 9:20 pm

ebec11 wrote:

Unfortunately it is too much to ask.

guys like that already have boyfriends.

Seriously, just be yourself and others will see you as you are.

Just don't lower your self-esteem and your standards and slut out.

smile, okay?