Tips for finding a girlfriend

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Nov 2005, 6:31 pm

If you have any tips on how to get a girlfriend, post them here!

Only tip I have is to be confident. Also, getting involved w/ theater is good since a girl can fall in love with the character you play, even if your personality sucks. :P

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 6:43 pm

Be yourself.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 7:12 pm

alex wrote:
Also, getting involved w/ theater is good since a girl can fall in love with the character you play, even if your personality sucks. :P

joku_muko wrote:
Be yourself.

The incongruity of the two juxtaposed statements is delightful.

Last edited by Serissa on 07 Nov 2005, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 7:16 pm

Yeah, acting confident is good for getting attention. Its the actual asking-girl-out part (or I suppose, the dating part) that I have trouble with.

Also a good idea: Make yourself presentable looking, on a day-to-day basis. I don't mean dress super-classy (unless you don't mind being accused of superficiality by some), but make sure you don't look like a slob. A no-brainer, I know, but if you're feeling depressed and down on yourself you often don't bother with that.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 8:49 pm

Try waving a twenty in her face while pointing to your crotch. It works every time. Trust me on this guys.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 8:50 pm

Make sure you act interested in what the other person has to say; don't just go on and on about your own interests.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 8:53 pm

Thagomizer wrote:
Try waving a twenty in her face while pointing to your crotch. It works every time. Trust me on this guys.

...at the strip club.

(and even then its not guaranteed to work...)

alyks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2005, 11:35 pm

I believe my main problem is finding a girl to ask out.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 11:39 pm

alyks wrote:

...and then getting to know her well enough (for me anyway.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

alyks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2005, 12:45 am

Endersdragon wrote:
alyks wrote:

...and then getting to know her well enough (for me anyway.)

...and then getting past the fact that everbody i've asked already has a boyfriend.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 12:53 am

Slap alot of guys butts. Oh wait, that's for finding a one night stand with a male. :oops:

alyks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2005, 1:13 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Slap alot of guys butts. Oh wait, that's for finding a one night stand with a male. :oops:

Funny.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 1:47 am

I'm single, and i've had 1 girlfriend. And that girlfriend was a desperate nymphomaniac. A nice person, but very very horny. And i'm not just judging her because i'm not with her anymore. I got a lot of evidence. So suffice it to say i got her on no real act of my own, i was just lucky. So my advice is only as valuable as that.

But here goes.

First thing is be attractive. It is an unfortunate truth of reality that people judge books by their covers. And even if you would perefer the kind of person reading that book to care more about the content of the story than the cover, generally few people have the ability to see some peculiar style to the otherwise bland cover which implies the true depth of the content.

You dont need to be beautiful according to our culture. You can't turn your face into something it is not, but almost without exception you can arrange your body to be some level of attractive with the features you are equipped with. The message you are really trying to transmit is that you care about how you look.

The way you do this is by slaving away at being healthy and in shape, and worrying over things like dressing and s**t like that. The whole excersize is a huge pain in the ass. And the further you are away from beauty in whatever culture you live in you naturally are the harder you are going to have to work.

You could be lucky and find somebody who doesnt mind someone unhealthy, but you are far more likely to find the perfect person you want if you go that extra mile.... that extra 5...6...17 miles.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 1:50 am

Next is that you should get into the habit of making a lot of friends. If you make enough friends, female friends too, you will eventually find someone who knows someone who knows someone who is interested in finding someone and that one could be you. If you are lucky your friends will find a person just right for you and set you up and crap. My dad had that done for him the lucky goddamn bastard sonuv-err... yeah. Make a lot of friends.

irishmic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2005, 2:04 am

Excellent advice Nomaken.
I would add that the best way to make friends and meet new people is to become actively involved in an organization that interests you, or form your own. Take on responsability and manage it well. People are always looking for someone who is actively participating in something they believe in, is able to teach others, and appears responsabil. Also become not just physically healthy but emotionally healthy. You can have the body of Adonis and be a complete ass. The body might draw them in, but the attitude will chase them away.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 2:16 am

It would be great if people were mature, and willing to grow as a person, and i would hope people do. But sometimes a complete ass is just better off marrying a complementary dickhead.