Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:58 am

I am not interested in humus but my earthworm pet would be pleased to be your bride equals! :D

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 10:04 am

Aw that is sweet of you LP. I'm sure that will make a tasty treat. It is a pity there is not more of them.

Nanoprobe
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2008, 4:45 pm

LP: I don't even know what Humus is. Im sort of old fashioned when it comes to cooking as I only know how to grill meat very very well! This includes steaks, smokies, Tacos, anything BBQed, etc.. Either way you should read the fine print in my ad I'm not sure you qualify:P

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 5:40 pm

^ Since you are good about meat stuff , can you make Frakeh(Spicy Raw Kibbeh)? It's a southern Lebanese dish

1 lb (1/2 kg) lamb or veal
100 g lard
1 onion
1 teaspoon each ground cumin, marjoram, basil, cinnamon and hot pepper
1 cup fine burghul
Salt to taste
2 mint sprigs

Serves 6 persons

First, you must make sure to clean the raw meat VERY well , there are some anti-bacterial/maggots products for raw food :roll:

Then you should squeeze the lamb meat in order to take out all the blood out of it , some people use hand blender to hit the piece of meat several times in order to get out all the blood and then you clean the meat with warm water.

Cut the lamb into medium-size pieces and flatten with a mallet until soft, removing any fat or gristle at the same time.

Add the lard and salt to the lamb and beat again with the mallet until truly soft.

Knead the lamb with two tablespoons burghul and set aside-covered with a plastic wrap.
Crush the onion with the mint leaves.

Add the seasoning, salt, and burghul to the mixture in the pestle and crush to soften.

Add the lamb to the above mixture, knead and shape into a ball and set aside.

Divide the mixture into egg size portions and press each in your palm so that it takes the shape of a fist.

Place the fist shapes in a platter and sprinkle with a little hot pepper and garnish with pine nuts

You won't have any chance with me unless you learn such things! :x

and oh before I forget, wash your damn hands before starting putting your fingers in any kind of raw food!

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 18 Oct 2008, 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 5:41 pm

btw, humus is a dark organic matter in soil while hummus is ..... wait , you don't know what hummus is? shame, you're out!

Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:23 pm

:roll:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:16 pm

Hummus is so good. MMM! :D

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:40 pm

Wow LPP! You're making my mouth water. Sounds like a great recipe - cumin is one of my all time favourite spices (along with Cinnamon - I've got a sweet tooth) and pine nuts makes a great garnish - are the pine nuts lightly toasted?

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:43 pm

NanoProbe ? Sounds a tiny bit smallish 8O