Baffling guy behavior on a date

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Shadowcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 3:09 pm

Why is that a guy will date and have sex with a girl who is NT and marry her,

But

If the girl has a learning Disability he will date her, have sex with her, and not marry her?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:15 pm

:roll:

Because he just happened to fall in love with the NT girl?
Your questions are biased and generalizations. I'm sure you don't actually think that people with learning disabilities never get married.

P.S. I didn't know people got married on dates. Hm, whaddya know?

t0
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:20 pm

A lot of guys don't discriminate - they have sex and won't marry the person no matter their mental or physical condition.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:25 pm

I know a man who regrets having to temporarily move away from such a woman without marrying her especially because she was married to someone else when he returned.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:46 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
If the girl has a learning Disability he will date her, have sex with her, and not marry her?

Because love and sex are two different things, and a guy is more likely to be attracted to an NT woman than a non-NT woman, all else being equal.

That's my opinion, anyway... :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:58 pm

Because guys are generally needy and learning disabled women are usually needy. Guys want to marry someone who will be there 2nd mom or caregiver but if they marry an AS gal then the man ends up being the caregiver.

But then its common practice for guys just to sleep around these days. If you really want to get married you need to stop giving guys what they want which is free sex. If you hold out till marriage you are more likely to find a guy that respects you and will stay with you instead of just allowing yourself to be repeatedly used as free sex. It has to do with self respecting yourself. If you don't respect yourself, then no one else will either.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 8:38 pm

Ticker wrote:
But then its common practice for guys just to sleep around these days. If you really want to get married you need to stop giving guys what they want which is free sex. If you hold out till marriage you are more likely to find a guy that respects you and will stay with you instead of just allowing yourself to be repeatedly used as free sex. It has to do with self respecting yourself. If you don't respect yourself, then no one else will either.

There are a couple of perturbing assumptions here. First, that all guys are selfish and only want sex. Second, the phrase 'free sex'. As if the girl never likes it or wants it herself, so it can't possibly have any value for her. And also as if sex should always cost something. If you follow that line of thinking to its conclusion, you end up either frigid or a prostitute.

Other than that, I pretty much agree.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 12:33 am

sociobiologists would have us believe it's because males search for healthy females that are fertile, and would produce offspring, because we're supposed to @#$ anything that will hold still...

but it's a pretty new theory, so it's probably buggy...;)

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2009, 5:50 pm

Quote:
sociobiologists would have us believe it's because males search for healthy females that are fertile, and would produce offspring, because we're supposed to @#$ anything that will hold still...

but it's a pretty new theory, so it's probably buggy...Wink

sociobioligists or evolutionary psychologists (sociobiology basically stems from evolutionary psychology) like to think that all human behaviors can be explained in their terms (evolutionary terms). Whilst there is some merit to some of what they say they generally take a very simplistic view of human nature and tend to ignore the huge variety of behaviors that people exhibit because they can not readily explain them. A lot of the research done in this field is very buggy indeed.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 6:10 pm

This is a pretty broad generalization and I hope when you say learning disability you aren't meaning those who learn differently than your average joe or doe. A learning disability does not mean that person is mentally incompetent or incapable of other academia skills or nor life styles.

Plus I've seen a good number of NT women not get married including my sister who is currently in college right now. I can't speak for aspies in general but I can say some of us are just socially akward so I don't think that looks are just about keeping a relationship going at least that's my opinion. Of course I know that people will get a lot of responses if they're hot or good looking but how long that one connection or relationship will last is always going to be in question.....except for celebrities of course. :wink:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 6:11 pm

This is a pretty broad generalization and I hope when you say learning disability you aren't meaning those who learn differently than your average joe or doe. A learning disability does not mean that person is mentally incompetent or incapable of other academia skills or healthy life styles.

Plus I've seen a good number of NT women not get married including my sister who is currently in college right now. I can't speak for aspies in general but I can say some of us are just socially akward so I don't think that looks are just about keeping a relationship going at least that's my opinion. Of course I know that people will get a lot of responses if they're hot or good looking but how long that one connection or relationship will last is always going to be in question.....except for celebrities of course. :wink: