Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jacobison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2009, 1:16 pm

I started dating someone from my college like a month ago. It was really cool, since we hit it off from the start. (I met her when I was around collecting signatures to join the student gov't of the college.) She was eccentric-ky and quirky, really smart and cool. We really cared for each other at the time. Then one night, when it was just us in her room, she confided a deep secret in me, and I stupidly reciprocated with another big secret. Of course, a few days later, she dumped me, and would pretty much have nothing more to do with me. It really confused me at the time, since two days prior to said dumping, she gave me a dozen reasons why I was an "amazing bf" and the day before, she "was really glad to have met me." So, I was pretty much reeling in semi-shock.

Of course, I've had relationships before, but this one was different. She was really smart and different from the rest. When I've lost the other girlfriends, I didn't feel nearly as affected as losing this one, and I didn't even date her that long. So yeah, it kinda sucks. And by posting a topic here, it actually makes me feel better, so thanks for your time.

WaxDeejay
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Feb 2009, 2:35 pm

I don't have much to add but will state that you are not alone - and - I am so thankful it happened to you early on. I got dumped after a yearlong engagement when my sig. other decided she could not "cope" with my Aspergers. It happened when I went to see her over the Christmas holidays in 2007. I got overloaded and retreated to an area away from the "family" for an entire day, she said that she was mortally embarrassed and that I had ruined her holidays. I had told her of this coping mechanism some months prior and even showed her WP. She said that she believed all of what she read but the actual reality was just too much for her.

I hope my story helps you feel better in some way. Hang in there!

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 3:41 pm

It just keeps coming back to that -- "Don't ask, don't tell."
I don't understand it, but it always seems to be the end of the story.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 4:01 pm

I been dumped too many times, i can relate.

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 5:53 pm

It happens. You'll eventually get over it and probably find someone else.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 6:14 pm

Girls are hard to understand, really D:
in my case, they are talking in a higly advanced code language and their behaviours give no logical sense o_O

on-topic

Maybe your secret was something to much for her?
if not, i dont see why the thign that happend...happend

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2009, 6:32 pm

Its not so much "highly advanced code language" as much as too many uncommented global variables and poorly defined polymorphic black box abstraction.
Just try to understand the lexical scope and type signatures of "I don't feel ready..."

(I don't actually think girls are any more confusing then boys, but the programming joke was too irresistible)

Jacobison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2009, 12:28 pm

Yeah it sucks. Worst part is, the secret had nothing to do with autism, and I've never told anyone else the secret and I get shot down badly. It really sucks because she was pretty much everything I was looking for. (The usual package, smart, funny, good looking, and even with that bit of eccentric that I added earlier.) We spent some really great times over the not-so-long time we've got to known each other, and now we don't even talk/text anymore.

I'm getting over it, but just when I think I'm fully over it, I think of one more thing that we did that was good or something, and I just get a little down, ya know. But, I'll probably be over it soon. Or hopefully.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 3:47 pm

Jacobison wrote:
Yeah it sucks. Worst part is, the secret had nothing to do with autism, and I've never told anyone else the secret and I get shot down badly. It really sucks because she was pretty much everything I was looking for. (The usual package, smart, funny, good looking, and even with that bit of eccentric that I added earlier.) We spent some really great times over the not-so-long time we've got to known each other, and now we don't even talk/text anymore.

I'm getting over it, but just when I think I'm fully over it, I think of one more thing that we did that was good or something, and I just get a little down, ya know. But, I'll probably be over it soon. Or hopefully.

I think this lesson was learned, but it's worth repeating -- don't ever tell a woman a secret you want kept, even if she's revealing secrets to you. They blab to everyone, and some secrets just creep them out too much. Either way, it's bad for you.

Jacobison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2009, 10:56 pm

True, true. Thanks to everyone for listening to my tale of woe and depressment (I made the word up) and thanks for those who shared whatever else.

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Mar 2009, 2:42 pm

I feel your pain. I was recently trying to get something started with a girl but now thats all gone the drain :( , but I'll just have to keep on moving.

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

02 Mar 2009, 5:03 pm

what's the secret what's the secret what's the secret?................sorry I like knowing secrets.

But yeah like everyone said, you'll find someone else. People can be very fickle, especially young girls........and boys for that matter.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 5:40 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
Jacobison wrote:

I think this lesson was learned, but it's worth repeating -- don't ever tell a woman a secret you want kept, even if she's revealing secrets to you. They blab to everyone, and some secrets just creep them out too much. Either way, it's bad for you.

Holy generalization, batman. That's insulting because that definitely doesn't apply to me and I've been told a lot of s**t over the years. I have yet to get creeped/freaked out.

Jacobison ~ I'm sorry that she reacted the way she did. :(