Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 2:43 am

As some of you may recall I had a girl I liked that I met off the internet come and visit. So she stayed here about a week. We had alot of fun, and greatly enjoyed being together, growing close in the short time we were together. But on sunday she left, and now I feel meloncholy. Especially since I have no idea when I can see her again, but I know at the very least I will have to wait two months :(

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 2:46 am

Why 2 months? What is she doing during that time?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 10:55 am

Well be glad that the visit went well. 2 months isn't that long :)
I know how you feel, though. But be patient :) things will work out if you both really want them to :D

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 11:21 am

aeroz wrote:
As some of you may recall I had a girl I liked that I met off the internet come and visit. So she stayed here about a week. We had alot of fun, and greatly enjoyed being together, growing close in the short time we were together. But on sunday she left, and now I feel meloncholy. Especially since I have no idea when I can see her again, but I know at the very least I will have to wait two months :(

two months is nothing dude! rejoyce!
i waited 3 years for nothing! :)

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 12:16 pm

aeroz wrote:

Being apart is hard... spend the time working on yourself, being yourself, in the interim. It's already been 2.5 months since I last saw my fiance, and have almost another 2 months to go before the move and we are together. Sounds like you had a solid start - keep going, have fun, take care of yourself. :)

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 1:06 pm

sgrannel wrote:

its me thats the issue. I have school, even if she came here I couldn't focus on her. reason its atleast two months is because thats how long until the semster is over, but then she should be working and me in summer semester, so it will probably be even longer

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2009, 2:52 pm

Glad it worked out well and you had a good visit. Better get a good IM program and maybe a webcam. You can even do phone calls over the computer, won't cost a thing. It's not hard to maintain a relationship online, you have to want to.

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 3:24 pm

thats what we have been doing, though she no longer has a webcam, nor the money for a new one. Phone is a temporary problem, as I cant talk, litterally, for a few more days. The only real issue is just, the missing. The memory of holding her still fresh in my mind, and we both know this is the longest time until we next meet. It isn't something we are worried about, its just something we dont like.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 7:49 pm

Distance is tough. Been there done that myself. But how wonderful that the meeting went as good as you had hoped!

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 1:43 am

If you can spare $40.00 there are HP webcams sitting on Wal-Mart shelves. I'm sure postage isn't that bad. If you want something bad enough, there is always a way.

I can relate to falling asleep with someone in your arms for a week, and not having them with you. The main thing is to keep things going, and be ready to make sacrifices for the sake of being together.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 5:42 pm

Glad the visit went well :D

I know it can be hard when you can't see the person you like for a while, but time should go quickly and you'll probably see her again soon. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 2:53 pm

lately things have been hard, I've been sick so I cant call her, and she doesn't seem to be online that much. I feel lonely :cry:

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 8:55 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
aeroz wrote:

two months is nothing dude! rejoyce!
i waited 3 years for nothing! :)

Right. See? That's the problem. Waiting for nothing. Whether it's two months or three years, what is coming at the end of that period? If the girl likes you, then why isn't she all over you and spending time with you every chance she gets? Isn't that how relationships normally start when both people are into it?

aeroz wrote:
sgrannel wrote:

its me thats the issue. I have school, even if she came here I couldn't focus on her. reason its atleast two months is because thats how long until the semster is over, but then she should be working and me in summer semester, so it will probably be even longer

Oh, you said the issue is you. Be careful! You may be giving her the impression that you're not into it if you don't at least keep in touch with her during that period.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

aeroz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 2:25 am

sgrannel wrote:
Right. See? That's the problem. Waiting for nothing. Whether it's two months or three years, what is coming at the end of that period? If the girl likes you, then why isn't she all over you and spending time with you every chance she gets? Isn't that how relationships normally start when both people are into it?

yes but we have that pesky fourth dimension that keeps getting in the way. Stupid universe not letting me alter time and space
sgrannel wrote:
Oh, you said the issue is you. Be careful! You may be giving her the impression that you're not into it if you don't at least keep in touch with her during that period.

we keep in touch as much as we can, normally I'd be doubtful but it took 6 months for this one meeting, long as the wait is, its not that long

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 10:59 am

2 months goes in a flash for me.