Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 3:50 pm

I'm 18 and I like this guy who is a little older than me and my friends all tell me he likes me and tbh I think he does aswell sometimes the way he acts, but other times I can't tell. He knows I'm autistic but sometimes says he'll ring back and doesn't and I get upset cos I was planning on it happening. He is one of the people I don't mind touching me or getting close to me. We go out alot together, to the cinema and to theme parks and sometimes to shows at theatres and stuff, mostly just the 2 of us. My friends say I should tell him but I find it awkward starting conversations and he is quite a joker and I'm afraid he'll laugh it off and I'll feel really awkward. I also have big trouble with eye contact which seems to be the #1 flirting technique.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by kissmyarrrtichoke on 12 Apr 2009, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2009, 3:52 pm

I would suggest writing a note, asking him if he wants to hang out sometime, or doing it via email. I find that works best for me.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

kissmyarrrtichoke wrote:
I'm 18 and I like this guy who is a little older than me and my friends all tell me he likes me and tbh I think he does aswell sometimes the way he acts, but other times I can't tell. He knows I'm autistic but sometimes says he'll ring back and doesn't and I get upset cos I was planning on it happening. He is one of the people I don't mind touching me or getting close to me. We go out alot together, to the cinema and to theme parks and sometimes to shows at theatres and stuff, mostly just the 2 of us. My friends say I should tell him but I find it awkward starting conversations and he is quite a joker and I'm afraid he'll laugh it off and I'll feel really awkward. I also have big trouble with eye contact which seems to be the #1 flirting technique.

Any suggestions?

So you are already sort of dating?

Just directly ask him, "do you want to be my boyfriend?". Then give him plenty of time and space and see what happens.

good luck.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 4:54 pm

If he's around 21, keep buying him a round of drinks! :wink:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:07 pm

Talk to other guys, that will make him jealous.

However, be very honest with your guy.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 8:20 pm

Nothing says "I'm available" like a Jay and Silent Bob tattoo.

Snoogans. :wink:

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 8:23 pm

kissmyarrrtichoke wrote:

Any suggestions?

facebook him! :)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 9:12 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Talk to other guys, that will make him jealous

I would suggest that you do NOT do this. A girl making someone jealous to see if the other person are intrested in her would make me "throw her away" and it is one of those stupid NT tricks that girls do.

I HATE it, and i hear that you do not have to be diagnosed with something to hate it since at least one of my friends (fairly regular guy) also hate it.