Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 12:11 pm

5'8 is not short....

I saw guys shorter than that who had gfs , I knew guys who are about my height yet have gfs (I am 5'3), I am not denying that it doesn't make it harder because it does but it can't be the only reason for romantic failure (unless if you're abnormally short).

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 4:07 pm

5'8 is average, not short. Don't worry about it.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

Cool so i am not short just average height.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 6:29 pm

A good friend of mine is like 5'5" and his girl is super hot and a legit 6 feet tall. They live together and he sometimes instinctively tries to "hide" objects from her by putting them up on top of the refrigerator, not realizing until he gets busted that that is directly at her eye level.

From the outside it's kinda ridiculous looking but more power to em, it's worked out fine for them for quite some time.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 7:01 pm

I've had girls that liked me but were taller than me ( I don't like girls taller than me personally though) at the end of the day it's about personal choices some won't care some will find the ones who won't.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:45 pm

I'm tall (6'4") - it isn't a benefit the way many think... end up intimidating people as a result of it, and have found that others want to pick fights against me because of my stature. Different types for folks of all stripes - there are people of all tastes, more a matter of being open-minded and patient to find them.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:18 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Most women say height doesn't matter, so I think you're safe.

I wouldn't date a guy who's shorter than me, but that's because I'm really self-conscious about my height.

I feel that man and woman are less fussed about their partner being chubby then a woman would about a mans heights.

I also guess that man usually don't like to date woman who are taller. Though I wouldn't mind it at all.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 8:51 am

CelticGoddess wrote:
That's ridiculous. :roll:

No it isn't, it's just not politically correct. We were all much better off fifty years ago, before all that rot took over. I mean, they can go against "gender stereotypes", but we're still expected to fit the traditional male gender roles or else. What is wrong with this picture?

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2009, 10:57 am

I'm six foot one. My last boyfriend was barely 5'6. My current is 6'4. It doesn't matter as far as looks are concerned.
However, when it comes to shorter men, I find their personalities to be more intolerable because in my personal experience, short guys tend to have extreme inferiority complexes and be really aggressive and overbearing. So my conclusion is that it's not so much a height issue as it is a self confidence issue. If a short guy oozes self assurance and self confidence, I'll find that a lot sexier than a tall, insecure man.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 11:08 am

Quote:
short guys tend to have extreme inferiority complexes

and these complexes are caused by...... ?

Quote:
and be really aggressive and overbearing

I was used to be called the peaceful at school since I never engage into fights and was the calmest student at class.

The napoleon complex was scientifically debunked ages ago:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 42338.html

I bet it's all in your head , when you see a tall bossy person => he's confident, and when you see a short bossy person => he has complex.

Was your shorter bf really more aggressive than your current taller one?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 12:26 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I was used to be called the peaceful at school since I never engage into fights and was the calmest student at class.

I bet it's all in your head , when you see a tall bossy person => he's confident, and when you see a short bossy person => he has complex.

Experientially, I humbly disagree... I've spent much of my life challenged by those smaller than me, especially during the teen years, for no evident reason other than to prove a point. Regardless how it comes to be, those who are insecure - whether it be due to height, weight, self-opinion - are more likely to take someone they see as different or having qualities they desire as a threat and attack and/or debase the person or quality to make themselves feel better. So I don't think it is all in one's head, not in the least.

M.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:21 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Experientially, I humbly disagree... I've spent much of my life challenged by those smaller than me, especially during the teen years, for no evident reason other than to prove a point. Regardless how it comes to be, those who are insecure - whether it be due to height, weight, self-opinion - are more likely to take someone they see as different or having qualities they desire as a threat and attack and/or debase the person or quality to make themselves feel better. So I don't think it is all in one's head, not in the least.

M.

You just love to disagree with me ,no?

It's all in your head , I can assure you. You are very tall, most people are smaller than you. But it's you who imagines that those are challenging you because of your tall height , who's the one with height complexity now? all of them or ..you?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:36 pm

Everyone say it with me: Short is beautiful.

:D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:41 pm

Even I feel sort of inferior to guys that're taller than myself.

I guess it makes me feel like a kid or something. I always thought guys preferred tall women but I guess everyone's different when it comes to preference.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:43 pm

*laugh* Oh, LPP... I wish it were that it was just you. We're apparently antithetical, existing in different realities, contrasting modalities.

I've experienced the effect of my size when teaching, being aware of how easily I can intimidate others. I've never said that I am unaware of my height; rather, I am constantly aware of it. What I said is that insecurity breeds hostility, and that there have been numerous occasions where the only evident cause for the confrontation was that the other individual had something to prove in front of a crowd. You might wish to check exactly what was said before leaping to response.

M.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 1:49 pm

Ruchard wrote:
I am a short person will women not date me because i am short?

Have you considered Human Growth Hormone treatment?