Do men with Aspergers have an interest in 1 type of girl

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

calculon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2005, 4:34 pm

Hi, everyone. I never had a girlfriend but I've always seem to have an attraction for girls who look like famous pop singer Rachel Stevens

Is this normal with men who have Aspergers to have an obession with one type of girl because I do like her very much and I get nervous sometimes around girls I think do look like her mainly if their, blonde, between 5'1ft - 5'3ft and have a quiet but lovely personality that I can get along with.

I always seem to pick out the features from the girls I talk to and combine them with her looks to see if their perfect for me. For some reason if I see a girl and she looks like her I kinda start think she might have a nice personality to her too. This has happened before when I knew a girl in college who had her looks and when I got to know her she had a personality that I adored and could accept. I seem to do this depending if they look like Rachel Stevens They always have a nice personality thats why I look up to her as an idol for a "perfect girlfriend" if I ever meet someone

Is this normal for men with Aspergers to like girls who may have the looks and personality to their favourite celebrity woman anyway I like to hear from others

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 4:53 pm

Absolutely not. The only things that matters to me are age. personality, and intelligence level. Looks and physique I don't pay much attention to. It doesn't matter to me whether I like a blonde, or a brunette. Just as long as I have someone older, nice to me and I can learn a lot from, I am confident that I will have a great relationship in the near future.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 5:13 pm

I'm actually very picky about who a potential mate would be. I'd want to be with a girl who shares most of my interests and opinions, enjoys reading and provides a good conversation, who's emotionally strong (but not prudish) and can offer support, and who's rather clumsy and eccentric in a cute way. Not to mention that my ideal mate would also treat the relationship playfully, but take it very seriously at heart. Oh, yes, and they'd have to be someone who appreciates me but is critical of my flaws (But who would try to correct my flaws rather than abandon me on those grounds). So, yeah, I am attracted to one particular sort of girl.

Edited to add: And preferably someone who looks cute.

nomad32
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2005, 6:48 pm

you know I am very attracted to rachel stevens also,and back a few years ago I had a thing for a coworker who was about 5feet 2, shoulder length blonde hair,big brown eyes,full lips etc.. I felt so good around her,I asked her out alot, even though she never said yes it never seemed to bother me.I would keep trying,which is odd because I'm pretty introverted around girls.this was a few years before I knew who rachel stevens was.

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jul 2005, 6:53 pm

Yupa wrote:
I'm actually very picky about who a potential mate would be. I'd want to be with a girl who shares most of my interests and opinions, enjoys reading and provides a good conversation, who's emotionally strong (but not prudish) and can offer support, and who's rather clumsy and eccentric in a cute way. Not to mention that my ideal mate would also treat the relationship playfully, but take it very seriously at heart. Oh, yes, and they'd have to be someone who appreciates me but is critical of my flaws (But who would try to correct my flaws rather than abandon me on those grounds). So, yeah, I am attracted to one particular sort of girl.

Edited to add: And preferably someone who looks cute.

Basically I would want a same type of girl, who respects me as an equal and doesn't care about my AS or the fact that I am also bipolar.

I hate when it, girls find out I'm AS and bipolar they treat me "special".

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 7:13 pm

I'm quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure that I'll end up dating the first girl who likes me, as long as she's at least somewhat attractive, has basic social skills, enjoys some things I enjoy, and can make me feel at ease in her presence.

The last one is pretty much outside my control. I've had experiences in which I felt completely comfortable within seconds of meeting a girl. I've also had experiences where I've spent hours with a girl, and still felt guarded and uneasy. I'm not sure what causes this. Despite my aspie-ish analyzing, this is one "NT code" that I have not been able to crack.

nomad32
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2005, 7:26 pm

Well yeah I agree if the girl likes you is first and foremost.and I didn't say she ignored me quite the opposite she always flirted and could carry on a conversation.the differance was most girls who are nice to me I'm timid to get past friends stage.on this particular person I had zero hangups in fact my personality went from borderline autistic to a strange parallel universe where I was confident.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 8:08 pm

BTW, I forgot to ask, who is Rachel Stevens?

JMFabiano524
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2005, 10:39 pm

Well I find many different types of women attractive. And yet, I can relate roughly to what you're saying here. A lot of the people I admire (actresses, musicians, etc.) I SO wish I knew someone like them, or them themselves. Even people I see everyday and want to be better friends with, it's like few others would do. So it happens to me, kind of.

J.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 11:18 pm

I think it's quite common for people to be like that. I don't, however, think it has anything to do with Asperger's Syndrome.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 3:43 am

Definitely doesn't apply to me - I find loads of 'types' attractive, and it generally has nothing at all to do with celebrities (although I must admit to having a thing for Alyson Hannigan. Grrrowwr). Personality counts far more than looks - I'm generally attracted to women who are feisty with a sense of humour and a disregard for how others see them, either self-contained or outgoing, and generally feel most at ease with that personality type. :twisted:

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2005, 4:58 am

duncvis wrote:
Alyson Hannigan
Dunc

I thought I was the only one that liked her lol

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 5:53 am

For those who don't know who Rachel Stevens is, here is a picture:

calculon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2005, 5:58 am

Thats not her I'm talikng about the Rachel Stevens from the UK (where I come from) I'm talikng about the one that use to be in the pop band S Club 7 now she has her own singing and acting career. That made me laugh when I saw that pic heres what the Rachel Stevens I'm talikng about

Compare this one to the other and tell me whos better looking?

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 7:05 am

Actually I think it probably is normal but no one ever looks at it like that. It seems like to me that Rachel looks like your perfect type of girl, and the closer they come to her, the more you're attracted. I'm not saying this based on any real experience myself, but that's my guess.

Nice pic though. :wink:

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 7:31 am

Where is she standing? Looks pretty foggy...