Conflicting Interests in Relationships

Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

To Liberal atheist/agnostic/pagan Aspies: Would you date a neo-conservative Christian Aspie?
Yes 27%  27%  [ 13 ]
No 73%  73%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 49

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 4:25 pm

Well the old traditions are dying, and it would get to the point where what is modern now will become traditional, so in the next 40 years people will see what we do now as being "old fashioned" and traditional and new ways of life will develop.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 4:42 pm

I guess Tim's got so many women chasing after him he just needs some way to vastly reduce their numbers.

After all, there's only seven days in a week and there's just too many of them.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 7:26 pm

I had corresponded with one who met my criteria for almost two years, but she suddenly ran off with another guy, without ever telling me and leading me to believe that she was still single (I only found out through her MySpace), and she suddenly blocked my e-mails and IM messages for no reason. And I am 100% certain that I did nothing to cause her to treat me like that.

She was limiting herself to people who lived in the same town, and who had some personality type that she never bothered to describe to me, and she seemed to only be focused on how a guy could serve her. I tried to discuss my feelings with her, but they never mattered to begin with, since she wasn't going to compromise on the distance and personality issues.

She wouldn't inform me what I did wrong, or even if I did anything wrong.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 8:22 pm

...then why are you limiting yourself to this select group again?

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 8:29 pm

Because the liberal people I come across both online and at school are very judgmental, and are prejudiced against anyone who isn't an atheist, vegetarian, and environmentalist, or who doesn't support abortion, same-sex marriage, or affirmative action (which I feel is basically reverse discrimination).

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Because the liberal people I come across both online and at school are very judgmental, and are prejudiced against anyone who isn't an atheist, vegetarian, and environmentalist, or who doesn't support abortion, same-sex marriage, or affirmative action (which I feel is basically reverse discrimination).

So, basically all people discriminate based on their tastes? Fair enough; there is an inherent bias from experience and preference - but why limit yourself when those of the ilk you proclaim as your desired type have treated you in the same fashion?

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 12:40 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

I've noticed the same thing in an awful lot of liberals, but also in an awful lot of conservatives.

I don't like it either. Thinking you already know everything makes it impossible to learn anything. But an extremely judgmental person who happens to agree with me about stuff wouldn't be too interesting to be around either.

It always sucks finding out that somebody you trusted has been being dishonest, but I've never found a way to identify dishonest people, except for being around them and noticing dishonesty in their behavior. I'm not aware of any group of people where everybody's honest.

Maybe you could try reducing your criteria to just "non-judgmental," watch for a tendency toward dishonesty in each individual, and see if that leads you to any interesting experiences.

I think it would be a mistake to rule out an otherwise excellent girlfriend because she doesn't share your obsession with two TV shows.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 11:20 am

I just don't want to pretend to be some sort of hippie, in order to gain the respect of others.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:45 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Well there's no reason to be prejudiced against any of those things, but there are a lot of good reasons to be opinionated against (or for) most of them. School-age liberals are prone to being a little defensive and maybe somewhat prejudiced, but people usually become more rational later on.

The reason I, personally, would rather not date a conservative Christian is because the thought processes seem to be SO different, much more so than the difference between an AS and an NT. Christians, in my past experiences of them, have been incredibly unpredictable. I do not understand what they base their decisions on, so I never know what will happen.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:08 pm

I am considering FORCING people to become conservative Christians and watch the Simpsons and South Park.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:12 pm

^ Hate to burst your bubble but that will only make people hate you. That is no different than shoving your fist down someone's throat.

And if anyone ever tries to put anything in my throat, I'll make them stop even if I have to kill them. :evil:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:17 pm

Well there aren't any people who are already conservative Christians who like those shows.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:19 pm

You don't know that for certain, the world is a very big place. :wink:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:29 pm

She must also be an Aspie, though.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:32 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
She must also be an Aspie, though.

If she's not, you could always force her to become one.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:32 pm

Still could be out there somewhere. :wink: