Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2006, 11:42 am

I can never tell anybody I love them. I feel horribly uncomfortable doing it. And I'm annoyed by the way many people say "I love you" when they mean "I like you" or "I'm fond of you" or "Thank you" or "I think what you just said is very funny". It robs the phrase of all meaning.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2006, 7:27 pm

Alot of people have ruined the words "I Love You" for me, so much so, I feel uncomfortable even saying it to members of my family. I don't know, I always felt it was some unspeakable feeling. Misuse taints it.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 7:00 pm

I had nearly forgotten but I used to have a really hard time telling my family I loved them too. For me I was overwhelmed with anxiety for fear that I would tell someone I loved them and not mean it. It's kind of silly because I love my mum very much (incidentally I am now at the opposite extreme and tell her regularly and get offended if she doesn't say it back!). I feel uptight about telling SO's that I love them but I do it anyway because I want them to know that I care. It just stressing me out rather a lot! Oh yeah, and you aren't being annoying: it's always nice to find NT's who want to better understand Aspies! :)

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 8:09 pm

I don't say "I Love You" much but I do on the rare occasion though, its not because it is hard for Me to say it. I guess I need to feel to say it to truly say with what I am feeling then.