Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

I find it hard to believe that i'm the only one living in pennslyvania, who use's this website.
I can't believe that there are no other people with Asperger's/Autisim/other disablititys/ in the area I live... or at least if there are... they have a much worse case of it then i do... so maybe that's why i've never met another person Asperger's who is able to interact with me?
I mean... yes i have Asperger's... among other issues... but theres got to be someone in or near Sunbury PA who I could interact with and maybe make a friend with? I'm practiically dieing of lonlyness... and I've always said "the most important things in life are friends"

if anybody lives in or near sunbury PA please let me know!

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2011, 6:14 am

Psst... I live near Pittsburgh PA... Got the same problem as you though, nearly no one lives in PA. Of course, I'm moving next summer somewhere out-of-state, so that doesn't help much, but... *shrug*

Hi!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

I'm from PA, but not close to Sunbury. There is a GRASP chapter that meets in Berwyn, PA that could be a good place for you to meet people. I realize Berwyn would be a heck of a drive, but they do have a listserv you could participate on, even if you can't make the meetings in person. If you'd like more info, PM me and I can give you the email address of the group facilitator, who also runs the listserv.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

Pittsburgh here. Moving up around Butler soon. Don't know where the heck Sunbury is, but I'd love to perseverate with you ;->

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

blueroses wrote:
I'm from PA, but not close to Sunbury. There is a GRASP chapter that meets in Berwyn, PA that could be a good place for you to meet people. I realize Berwyn would be a heck of a drive, but they do have a listserv you could participate on, even if you can't make the meetings in person. If you'd like more info, PM me and I can give you the email address of the group facilitator, who also runs the listserv.

You've got IT...

...you're in PA...

...and you called dibs on the screen name I wanted...

...tell me the work, the author, and the significance of the name "Blue Roses" and I'll be your e-friend for life.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 8:42 am

I chose the name as a reference to Laura in The Glass Menagerie, seeing as Laura obviously had some form of ASD, but I've had other members tell me they'd thought it was a reference to a novel whose name is escaping me at the moment ...

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

blueroses wrote:
I chose the name as a reference to Laura in The Glass Menagerie, seeing as Laura obviously had some form of ASD, but I've had other members tell me they'd thought it was a reference to a novel whose name is escaping me at the moment ...

The author's Tennessee Williams. That was the reference I had in mind. Want a new electronic pal????

"But blue is wrong for roses."

"It's right for you."

Now I gotta go look up the other character's name... Prolly re-read The Glass Menagerie... Stop off and check out Of Mice and Men while I'm there...

Let's talk about books...

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
blueroses wrote:

The author's Tennessee Williams. That was the reference I had in mind. Want a new electronic pal????

"But blue is wrong for roses."

"It's right for you."

Now I gotta go look up the other character's name... Prolly re-read The Glass Menagerie... Stop off and check out Of Mice and Men while I'm there...

Let's talk about books...

Sure, I PM'd you.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
Pittsburgh here. Moving up around Butler soon. Don't know where the heck Sunbury is, but I'd love to perseverate with you ;->

When eastern Pennsylvanians say "Pennsylvania", they don't mean Pittsburgh. Ever. Anything in the yinzer zone is just North West Virginia to them.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Wait, you mean Pennsylvania extends beyond the Philly and the Main Line??? Now, I don't know what to think.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2011, 11:25 pm

blueroses wrote:
Wait, you mean Pennsylvania extends beyond the Philly and the Main Line??? Now, I don't know what to think.

If it makes you feel better, if it were ever put to a vote I think western and eastern Pennsylvania would gladly part ways with each other and become separate states. Truth is, considering the east doesn't know we exist and we all resent Harrisburg over here, it would be a good move.

The problem though would be the question of who gets stuck with all the hill folk in between.