Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 7:01 am

Been working at home Depot for three and a half years and counting as a Lot Attendant

Zero "friends".

It amazes me how quickly new hires make friends.

Home Depot hires convicted felons

You never know who has :

Felony conviction
Psychiatric diagnosis
Concealed weapon
Gang membership
Drug addiction
Sex with the boss

Home Depot claims to value diversity, but almost everyone that works in the building has the same myers Briggs type: extroverted judgmental feeling. Almost everyone that works in the building, talks too much and too loudly. They say "can you" like it's a substitute for "please". They speak ebonics. (Paucity of content). They act ghetto. They say "huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me ". They mispronounce my name. They act like wild animals. I am constantly afraid that one of them will misunderstand my actions or statements and tattle to the boss and get my worthless corpse made redundant. Everyone has subconscious biases. The boss is not required to practice Due Process or critical thinking. Some of the associates are "in" with the boss. (Nepotism). ("At will " employer). Sometimes they laugh at me. When they squeeze by they usually do not say "excuse me ". Almost all of them drive cars and some cars expensive like audi. They wear expensive clothes. They usually waste $$$ on lunch, such as McDonald's, Popeyes, Guadalajara, raising canes chicken, ichiralu 7-11, panda express. They only earn about minimum wage, same as me, but they spend $$$$$. I have not yet heard one original statement coming from any of their mouths. Sometimes they talk so much they give me headaches. ASM don and Hardware Steve said they were in prison. They love to gossip. Sometimes I imagine their heads on dogs bodies. I don't understand how they could eat so much junk food and still be energetic enough to constantly flap their traps and work two full time jobs and drive cars. Some of the associates and managers do next to nothing all day long except gossip and they don't get made redundant because they are having sex with the boss.

Sometimes I feel like I work at rivers island jail or john George psychiatric pavilion. I just don't fit in

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm

This post comes off as really judgmental. Judging people for having felonies or addictions in the past. Judging people for having psychiatric diagnoses, on an online forum about neurodiverges.

Then classifying them into myers-briggs types, and judging them based on that when you barely know them.

Judging them for their preferences and tastes - even though they're not doing anything thats hurting anyone.

Judging them on their vices.

Judging black people for their dialect.

All of this is likely the reason why you're having difficulty making friends. You have this belief - that despite working the same job as them - you're superior. All these people are not good enough for you. And you are special and unique.

You work at a large company with probably 100(?) employees. The odds that all of them are bad people are hard to believe. And maybe if you're having negative interactions with all of them, you are the common factor.

I say this constructively, if you ever want to have decent relationships with people, you have a lot of self-reflecting to do.

JamesW
Raven
Raven

30 Apr 2024, 5:11 am

Hi SFBUM. Sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. :(

Something that has always worked for me: the website Ask A Manager (https://www.askamanager.org)
If I think my job / colleagues are bad, there is always someone on there who has it worse!

There is a God.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 7:58 pm

james

been reading askamanager for a long time.

plenty of jobs much worse than mine. (fine).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers ... 9#image=51

however, according to the above article, Parking Attendant is the worst job in the country.

it is not possible to objectively measure "the worst" job.

the worst job is different for different people, based on strengths, skills, personality, and interests. (fine).

however, parking attendant is not the worst job in the country.

not even the worst job in the building that i work in. cashier, customer service, janitor, much worse jobs.