Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ThePresence
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2009, 7:34 pm

Theoretically (to function in society): Yes. Emotionally: No.

Nym
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2009, 9:24 pm

The only time I really want human contact is when I'm getting bored of an obsession and start pondering how much time I wasted doing it, the moment I find something that interests me I'm content to spend months doing it without any human interaction outside of work.

I've spent all my life avoiding people and pushing people away while considering the majority of my peers to be idiots who aren't worth my time. Not until recently have I actually started trying to improve my social skills in preperation for going to college where I hope to make some friends.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:20 pm

If you mean like talking to other people, then yes, but I only socialize with people online for the most part. If you mean human contact, like in their personal presence, like a hug or something, no, I do not need human contact at all. Personal presence is something rather difficult for me.

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Nov 2009, 4:11 am

I have been without friends for aproximately seven years, and i am about as fine as i can get. I really love to be alone. I dont even care about relatives, just let me be alone in real life and i will be happy.

zombiecide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Nov 2009, 5:41 pm

Yes. I especially need somebody to live with because that helps me keeping up a normal rhythm and normal things. And I probably should stop allowing myself to fulfil my main social needs online, but it's so difficult to actually socialize at a comfortable level offline .... :roll:

bratkyt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2009, 8:51 am

I need contact. I live with someone, but even then I also crave contact with people outside as well. I NEED contact, and with my friends am very affectionate. I don't need sex but I crave affection. My friends are very understanding of this and accept me randomly coming up and leaning on them, wrapping an arm around them, or curling up in laps if the lap is available.

may the rain be sweet to refresh you
and may the Lord and Lady hold you safe within Their hands.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2009, 10:05 am

I have found that internet conversations with people I barely know work for me just as well as "real life" contact... :?

Maybe even better, because you can at least just shut the computer down when you don't feel like talking to anyone. I enjoy being with friends, but only if it is not too often. Not more than once every two weeks, say. I really need a lot of time to myself.

What I don't understand is why people need to talk about all sorts of crap in order to feel comfortable around each other... for example, why can't you just sit in a train and stare out the window and enjoy watching the environment together without talking about shallow things like school, or other people, or the news... I do have one friend who I enjoy talking to. She also tells me a lot of seemingly uninterested things, but she tells them in a funny way, making it interesting.

Oh and overall, I don't think I'd be able to live COMPLETELY alone. But having a dog would already be sufficient for a big part of my social needs.

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 10:23 am

More than I imagined.

After nearly five years of no social interaction getting myself back into the world is a craving.

This past year learning about AS has opened up a new world or, I should say, has allowed my brain to realize that it can make its own world and connect with people relating to its own interests and in its own manner rather than those set forth by society in general.

Who knew? *shrug*