Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 5:10 am

my friendships in high school seemed to be largely about fun, hilarity and adventure. i didn't have a clue that i was so different...though looking back, i was prettyy off the wall (my friends were too, but i got first prize there). anyway maybe i wasn't so different than these friends, and i just changed a lot? or something? i don't know. but it's really depressing yet trippy to watch people younger than myself mature so quickly, while im stuck in a time warp.

does this sound similar to anyone else? relationships with similar thoughts, perceptions, and maybe emotions?

ive finally been able to put words around this..ive been thinking about it for a long time. it's not that i don't need my AS group or that i dislike WP, but at the same time i miss the old days so much....

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:05 pm

I dont really feel like this but we all change as we grow in different ways. Ive seen peers younger then me, grow up quicker or feel like Im immature then my peers. Back in HS, I was super awkward and serious at the same time. I became a much funner person by the time I got to college because I had a friend who brought a side outta me I never knew I had. I think being young, a lot of relationships revolve around "fun, hilarity and adventure". As we grow older, things become more serious. For me, Im not ready to let some of the funness go cause I practically discovered this recently. Its so weird that I didnt know how to have fun and break the rules until I was 18. I seriously have younger friends that are more mature, Ive had for a long time friends that are 1-2 yrs younger then me who I do have fun with depending on the person but also reprimend me at times.

Sorry if this isnt too relevant, im blabbing.

Ergop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

Ai_Ling wrote:
I dont really feel like this but we all change as we grow in different ways. Ive seen peers younger then me, grow up quicker or feel like Im immature then my peers. Back in HS, I was super awkward and serious at the same time. I became a much funner person by the time I got to college because I had a friend who brought a side outta me I never knew I had. I think being young, a lot of relationships revolve around "fun, hilarity and adventure". As we grow older, things become more serious. For me, Im not ready to let some of the funness go cause I practically discovered this recently. Its so weird that I didnt know how to have fun and break the rules until I was 18. I seriously have younger friends that are more mature, Ive had for a long time friends that are 1-2 yrs younger then me who I do have fun with depending on the person but also reprimend me at times.

Sorry if this isnt too relevant, im blabbing.

I'm still learning how to break the rules at 21. =P I really miss my childhood because I feel that that was my appropriate age. Around the age of 13 I started to lose my friends as they matured and started socializing more, and I drifted away. I still get along best with people who act childish and feel most comfortable around them.