Page 3 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 4:32 am

When I am spaced out I come across as being angry or grumpy according to my boss. One on one i am ok, but in a group, forget it. Chit chat escapes me. I need a plain overt reason to be talking.

I've had some deep and frightening bonds with women, but there is always an even deeper chasm between us.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 3:39 pm

my social skills are pretty decent, they've improved as I've gotten older, but they still need work. Sometimes I need a break from being around people and I need to chill out by myself. I don't do as good talking with people who I don't know well or have just met, and I feel more self-conscious.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2006, 9:55 am

Only when I am under stress does my social skills stupe to your level otherwise its nt. Some how it is. Its when they are disabled by pstd that is really depressing. Mom fault although not purposefully. I don;t think she was aware. I really miss her my real mom the one who is lovable and not moody. :(

rollerboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2006, 4:53 pm

Although I was a little odd my social skills used to be good. But I have more recently had huge amounts of anxiety around people and have been diagnosed as aspergers. So these days not good. :x

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 6:14 pm

I almost thought about talking to someone today! :o

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2006, 6:06 pm

I guess mine are good; I've improved a lot from when I was little.

20 Oct 2006, 6:24 pm

Mine have gotton a lot better as I got older. I dunno if mine are below the age level still. If I still say innanproppiate things and scare men away thinking I'm not interested in them, then i guess i still have work to do.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 6:35 pm

Mine are okay, they've improved since I was young, with 1 to 1 person I could get on ok and try and make an effort. But when it comes to 4 or more people it gets more tricky and nerve racking. But the hard bit I find is walking up to people and thinking what's best to say first.

soulmate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2006, 8:48 pm

My social skills suck, working on them now.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 9:38 pm

I have no social skills at all. I'm constantly being yelled at because everyone thinks I'm being very rude to them. They say it's my tone of voice.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 9:39 pm

Don't talk when others are speaking, OWA!

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 9:41 pm

Yesterday it was what I was saying. Tomorrow it will be my body language. Then the cycle repeats itself. Saying something rude, saying something in a rude tone of voice, then using rude body language is the cycle.

KingMichael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2006, 9:44 pm

My social skills aren't great. I think my biggest problem is being able to continue conversations. I'm not good at small talk. Also, my voice isn't really that loud. It often feels as though I have to yell whenever I want people to hear me, so that doesn't help.

I'm a lot better at talking online, but I'm still not that great at small talk.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 10:29 pm

My social skills are 10000000000% s**t and apart from wrongplanet and gamespot....

I have no social life and thus i'm anti-social...

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 10:39 pm

I think I went from being in a world of my own several years ago to these days having some level of success in social interaction, although I do not think I do as well as some Aspies are luckily able to do. I am always looking for ways to improve, but I have difficulty accepting my limitations and often find other areas in which to lay blame for my difficulties in social interaction. (Esp. since I don't have an official ASD diagnosis yet).

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:22 am

I can make myself make eye contact but it is not normal eye contact (I have noticed NTs make eye contact, look away, make eye contact, look away, in rhythm with the conversation)... it's bore-a-hole-through-your-skull stare that is either "on" or "off."

I was never good at small talk but a while ago I figured out that if I nod my head a lot, say "I see" a lot, the other person will keep talking, usually, and there's less pressure for me to actually say something.

Online my social skills are ok, or at least, I have an awful lot to say :roll: :lol:.