Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2009, 10:02 pm

Is it just me, or in a conversation, am I only ever answering to the other person's questions/opinions? For instance, it's only really the other person who's actually keeping the conversation alive, while I'm just there replying with short answers, not seeming that interested.

There has been times in my life where I needed to ask someone for something back, or whatever. The thing is though is that I wouldn't ask for it back and yet, the other person decided to keep it. This would've happened to me a lot of times with school equipment. It nearly even happened once with a game. I shudder at the thought of letting someone borrow one of my valuables ....
Ok, that's getting off topic.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 10:35 pm

I often ask questions.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm

I always ask questions AND answer them. But I ask more than I answer now.
And I usually ask questions sometimes out of the blue out of curiosity.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2009, 2:50 am

Sometimes I don't like asking questions. I'm feeling as if others perceive me as being dumb.
But then again, I also think it might be because of social anxiety.

Most important is, that if it's really important to me, I ask the question, no matter how dumb I may sound!
Sometimes I also "ask questions out of the blue out of curiosity."

SilentScream
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2009, 4:18 am

Oh yes. Apparently, it's been noted by virtually everyone I know, even before ASD came up as a possibility, that I am ALWAYS asking questions.

Mind you, I couldn't believe it when I was a systems analyst - they PAID me to ask questions, and instructed their employees to answer me. Heaven or what? :lol:

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2009, 8:23 pm

I often have trouble asking questions, I usually don't ask unless I feel it is important.

01 Jan 2010, 12:56 am

I ask lot of questions. It's also how I socialize. I don't see why some people have an issue with it.