Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ad2009
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2010, 9:54 am

I have a few days of free time so I decided to visit a school that I went to for one year (last year, in fact) before leaving.

Before I came, I anticipated awkardness with some of the people that I didn't get along with. I also figured that some of the students that were not here when I was would have heard things (both good and bad) about me.

On one hand, I shouldn't really care what others thing. I came to visit specific people (and really whoever is glad to see me as well) and I get along with them well.

But I want to leave a good impression on those that I didn't get along with (not talking to each other doesn't do any good, it just mantains the status quo) as well as the new students who may have heard bad things.

I am doing that to an extent, but I have found that it usually takes people a lot longer than my NT counterparts to fully understand me.

I will be here until tommorow afternoon. While my time with old friends has been good, I'm tempted to not come back because of some rude comments that others (who didn't even know me made).

N.B. Avoiding people that I don't get along with is rather difficult since this is a small school (120 people).

ad2009
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2010, 12:40 pm

PLEASE HELP!! !!

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 12:53 pm

How?

ad2009
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2010, 6:36 pm

By helping me figure out how to make the best of the situation. By helping me figure out how not to go home dissappointed. By helping me figure out how to strengthen old friendships, lessen tensions with enemies and possibly create new relationships even though I will only be here for three days and may not see any of these people again until at least June (most of them, next school year).