Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

d057
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 9:22 pm

Here is a link to my new blog. It talks about Asperger’s Syndrome and negativity.

http://dwarren57.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... -negative/

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 9:44 pm

Quote:
Why Are You So Negative ?

because i like to attract positive things

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 1:30 am

d057 wrote:
Here is a link to my new blog. It talks about Asperger’s Syndrome and negativity.

http://dwarren57.wordpress.com/2010/10/ ... -negative/

I disagree.Negative is a common characteristic of teenagers. I don't believe it has anything to do with AS.

I'm generally not a negative person, and I tend to get quite annoyed with negative people because they are self defeatists.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 2:10 am

Life sucks and then you die. :roll:

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:51 am

Negative is what NTs call you when you disagree with them.

Last edited by dyingofpoetry on 12 Oct 2010, 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 7:20 am

Pistonhead wrote:
Life sucks and then you die. :roll:

and then you take a number.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

people who have been constantly defeated by life have no reasons to be positive, and often can't even comprehend what positive is, i.e., "been down for so long i don't know which way is up." for such people, horatio alger scenarios are just a cruel joke.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
people who have been constantly defeated by life have no reasons to be positive, and often can't even comprehend what positive is, i.e., "been down for so long i don't know which way is up." for such people, horatio alger scenarios are just a cruel joke.

This Quoted For Truth

The negativity can also be brought around by a more realist worldview. They know that not everything is made of rainbows and unicorns.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Space
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 10:52 am

auntblabby wrote:

I am less negative than I used to be, but it is hard to be overly optimistic when you have had a life of frustrations and challenges, trying to get what you see as an "average, normal" life.

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2010, 7:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:

This is EXACTLY TRUE! Oftentimes it takes a life-altering experience to begin to shake lifelong negativity - and even then, it's STILL a DAILY STRUGGLE! Even in the face of positive reinforcement and evidence of goodness in people, you experience so much negativity that that's all you can see. When you have run into negative situation after negative situation from childhood with people/personalities and work around people who are determined to make your life a living HELL because you're not "like everybody else [them]" by keeping you down; trashing you to others at every opportunity, and telling you that you'll never be worth a $#!+, it's hard to be positive.

This is why I am so grateful for the friends I have had and especially for recovery. The latter is the life-altering experience I needed to be able to see positivity and be more positive. The steps also help me to put life into perspective so that I have some HOPE of being able to function in this world.

It's still an uphill battle.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 7:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:

+1

QFT.

Seriously, there are some days where I can't ignore the negativity. That usually happens when I have nothing to do. :D

Cicero
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2010, 8:48 pm

I like to think that's one of the things I'm really good at. ;)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:09 pm

Cicero wrote:
I like to think that's one of the things I'm really good at. ;)

at doing nothing? i'm totally into that as well. :)

Imapanda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2010, 9:35 pm

From what I have found out judging by myself, is that there's a such thing as being 'too honest'. My family -as I have grown older- has began to like me less and less because of the things I say. Honesty I learned has a broad line of how people can judge you based off of it.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2010, 6:42 am

I have found that I use negativity to try to relate to others. When I don't know what to say I may fall into being negative and criticizing things or complaining in hopes that others will agree and thus we will have something to talk about. This is not something I do consciously and it's really not worth what success it might have. Now that I've realized this I am struggling to control this unhealthy habit.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 9:52 am

Because I disagree with NTs. :wink: