Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

The_Green_Ego
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2011, 11:18 pm

The way I see it is that modern day society has given us two choices
1.) We can give up my dreams, beliefs, personality, and freedom of character and become clones of the regular in crowd in exchange for a satisfied life
2.) We can hold on to our dreams and unique personality traits and be pummeled like hell by meaningless obstacles till the day we succumb to our fate.

Well I for one am sick and tired of it! I'm trying to achieve a goal of learning how to socialize and how to communicate with other human beings! But there are no human beings out there! They are all brought up by society to be androids! The only reason I have nothing in common with these NT's is because there life is so meaningless that they have no goals or shared interests that concern me whatsoever! I can't even figure out if these people actually enjoy there proclaimed interests, or if they are just going along with the system of herd mentality.

In the cafeteria I stop and listen to the conversations these androids have. THEIR SHARED INTERESTS ARE DOODOO! Every time one says something barely funny in the slightest sense, the other laughs maniacally as if it was the most hilarious thing he'd ever heard - not because it was funny, but because in laughing he will be showing the world a false sense of emotion or a false sense of personality.

The NTs are the problem, not us. We cannot possibly find common ground among these people. If an AS ever does learn to socialize with these people, it will not be from garnering experience of communication from his lack there of, but of humoring the NT. The only way we can find common ground is by sinking to there level of crappy interests.

NTs tend to have a very weak personality with a very weak goal in mind, but act as though they have strong personalities
ASs tend to have a strong personality, but are unable to show it directly

The truth of the matter is that NTs are ruling the world, therefore they would like to have us believe that what is the most populous ideas are the normal ideas. We are more human than these Androids - and we are also more likely to succeed.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 4:39 am

I have to agree on some level, i dont like humans and myself included for a number of behaviours that cannot be respected.
But i think Nt would be better of replaced by some word like humans because there really are tons of respectable nts or w/e on this world.
In my opinion the majority concists of humans who cannot be respected, the admireable ones are a very small percentage.

But then there is also being honest with yourself and judging how and why you are different from the majority, for me i concluded im just about the same as the majority. So now i try to change that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 5:27 am

The_Green_Ego wrote:
1.) We can give up my dreams, beliefs, personality, and freedom of character and become clones of the regular in crowd in exchange for a satisfied life
2.) We can hold on to our dreams and unique personality traits and be pummeled like hell by meaningless obstacles till the day we succumb to our fate.

Well I for one am sick and tired of it! I'm trying to achieve a goal of learning how to socialize and how to communicate with other human beings! But there are no human beings out there! They are all brought up by society to be androids! The only reason I have nothing in common with these NT's is because there life is so meaningless that they have no goals or shared interests that concern me whatsoever! I can't even figure out if these people actually enjoy there proclaimed interests, or if they are just going along with the system of herd mentality.

In the cafeteria I stop and listen to the conversations these androids have. THEIR SHARED INTERESTS ARE DOODOO! Every time one says something barely funny in the slightest sense, the other laughs maniacally as if it was the most hilarious thing he'd ever heard - not because it was funny, but because in laughing he will be showing the world a false sense of emotion or a false sense of personality.

The NTs are the problem, not us. We cannot possibly find common ground among these people. If an AS ever does learn to socialize with these people, it will not be from garnering experience of communication from his lack there of, but of humoring the NT. The only way we can find common ground is by sinking to there level of crappy interests.

NTs tend to have a very weak personality with a very weak goal in mind, but act as though they have strong personalities
ASs tend to have a strong personality, but are unable to show it directly

The truth of the matter is that NTs are ruling the world, therefore they would like to have us believe that what is the most populous ideas are the normal ideas. We are more human than these Androids - and we are also more likely to succeed.

Yep, true. Too true. People are sheep. That's why everyone wants to live identical lives, too.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:12 am

The_Green_Ego wrote:

3. The Middle Way

Quote:

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 10:34 am

I share your contempt with some NT people.
Not all of them are like that though. No need for generalizations.

The real problem here is blind conformity. Some people are so hell-bent to fit in that they will do anything, no matter how stupid.
NT people like to share useless trivia.
Please hold onto your strong personality traits, keeping them will make you a better person.
Avoid the herd mentality, you will be a better person.

I only partially agree with option 2.
I think you can hold onto your dreams and unique personality traits, but I think the long-term outlook will be positive.

Hang in there, not everyone is an idiot :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 6:23 am

3. One can stop whining about fate and WORK to ACHIEVE one's goals.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

The_Green_Ego

23 Feb 2011, 11:57 am

Of course, there are a few gray areas

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 4:11 am

The_Green_Ego wrote:

That has always been true for basically everyone for all time. In the past the threats were usually more dire, modern society has so much more mobility.

NTs are just as diverse and individual as AS, both NTs and AS have the same root motivations and drives.

It takes strength, courage, cunning, perseverance and luck to live a truly unique lifestyle and most people will opt for the safe mold. NT and AS.

Do you think Casanova had AS? Marco Polo? Christopher Columbus?