Dealing with a friend who is a newly wed

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 9:54 am

I have a friend who recently got married back in November and I was one of her bride's maids which was a lot of fun. However, now that the wedding is over, I am now facing the reality that she is married and no longer has as many opportunities to spend with her single friends such as myself. While I admit that I am happy for her, there are times when I feel like I have been deserted when I need her the most because she is now busy spending time and taking care of him and herself.

The last few times that I have talked to her over the phone and she seems to rush off with this cold and mildly angry and annoyed tone. She will be like, "Yeah, well I have to go here but could I call you later?" When she does call me later, there seems to be this excuse that says, "Listen, I was late to work so my husband and I have to go to bed." Normally, she says things like, "Well it's been great talking to you but I have to do xyz." I know that she is not perfect but I feel like I am doing something wrong.

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 12:57 pm

newly weds would probably like some time alone. make plans ahead of time to do stuff with her, like plan a girls night with her. she is probably having a hard time balancing things and that's not your fault. if you did do something to offend her she probably isn't going to tell you unless you ask her. also, sometimes when someone gets married they change their circle of friends from singles to couples so that both partners can have someone to hang around with and the other partner doesn't feel left out.