aspies and being picked on by normal people

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nospam7676
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

was wondering how many of us feel that we are being picked on by normal people or that they just don't understand us at all even when they think we should,?
i had an incident wear some one i work with saw a guy get killed in a truck accident, to my response was well least there one new job in the area to there reply was how can i say that and show empathy which i don't have, now i have been reported because of my comment, how do others deal with this

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

I have it happen at work where I am a lead technician and the guys from the main office are supposed to notify us when they come to our area and they don't notify me like they should- they notify the guy I work with then the one tech criticizes the guys in the field saying we field technicians don't do anything and saying it right in front of me and in front of an outside contractor-then criticizing me when I expose a mistake the technician from the head office made and they try to blame me-why didn't you say anything-they do not listen to me and then call me unprofessional-people that think they are perfect make no mistakes obviously and should know better so why should I point out anything-I am not listened to-I hate the way they treat me-I can't trust the boss and HR just wont help me because to them I am not the "perfect" employee have a mental issue-I am the flawed employee that somehow got hired and now they want nothing to do with or help.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

I dont get the point about standing around with a shocked/sad face for 20 minutes and gossiping about someone dying that you dont even KNOW. This scene from scrubs is always what i think about when i read another post about sympathy, its about dr cox saying would you rather have someone hold your hand and cry with you because you are sick or would you rather have someone who made you better.

Just be proud of the fact that you have the balls to express yourself honestly. We need more people that dont fall to societys pressure to conform. You are expected to cry for this man just because its close but not for others. Also funny how you are expected to show sympathy but dont get any in return.

Damiano
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jun 2011, 2:39 am

I had this issue when Steve Irwin passed away (I'm from Australia). So many people from my high school hated him and would pay him out when he was alive, and then when he died, they all suddenly loved him all along. I would say "it doesn't bother me" and I remember one person saying "HE WAS TWICE THE MAN YOU'LL EVER BE!!" Me: ... *thinks: LAST WEEK YOU SAID HE WAS A *****! !????*

I have learned to keep such remarks to myself.

But, I'm not sure about how this is me being picked on. I think it was just that its a remark that they don't like to hear and therefore react badly to it. If anyone else had said the same thing I think they would have gotten the same response.