Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

InterestingIsabella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm

no one really talks to me online and i feel like i have no friends :( and yes i am online most of the time on the weekend and yes i do know i need to work on that

Kein_Mitleid
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

instant messaging > e-mail

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Send me a private message. I will be glad to be your email buddy. I am always connected to IM during the week, but not on weekends.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

Why not try getting to know people better on the forum? Unless it's personal, there's a lot more people here and there are a lot more discussions to get involved in!

Your choice I suppose.

melly-belly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2011, 8:27 am

I think i know how you feel. I always feel extremely isolated and want friends so bad. I spend nearly most of my time on the computer, i would be happy to talk to you if you wanted to.

kopetski

02 Oct 2011, 9:20 am

mh I think it's quite hard to just 'meet' people on a forum. They are here but how to you get into being an email/chat contact ?
It's the same question as in real life, probably, you just don't have to meet them face to face . I know I'm not getting along with 99% of people (rough estimation, if I could I'd go to 101%), even Aspergers. But some of my best contacts are Aspies and I've met them via FB and a more local forum.
Maybe it's easier for people to know you if you post a few of your interests and age and stuff..

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:58 am

You could try the WP IRC channel if you're lonely but again, it's just general chit chat in there but usually about serious topics.

SteveBorg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

I think you did a great job just by asking for an email buddy outright here on the forum. One of the things you might consider, as you hang around the forums, is whether there are common people who you seem to connect with. Then you can privately send them a message and see if they want to be email buddies.

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

SteveBorg wrote:
I think you did a great job just by asking for an email buddy outright here on the forum.

+1

I totally agree. I like the straightforward and direct approach. It's actually a pretty appealing invitation, and I'd be surprised if you don't have an e-mail buddy by now. If we were age-appropriate, I would have messaged you for sure!

SteveBorg wrote:
One of the things you might consider, as you hang around the forums, is whether there are common people who you seem to connect with. Then you can privately send them a message and see if they want to be email buddies.

This absolutely works. I have connected with a lot of people here through doing exactly this. Try it ... and if the first person you contact isn't into it, find someone else. It isn't personal! If you work on this, you'll have friends before you know it. Good luck!

And it was all for the want of a nail.

kopetski

10 Oct 2011, 2:36 am

yeah actually people here are quite into contacting. I've been around not too fanatically, but already got 2 people mailing me about posts that I made, and they were not threats :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 4:37 am

I always love making new friends but they always stop replying to me. :cry:

Feel free to send me a PM.

kopetski

10 Oct 2011, 4:41 am

yeah well, that's the risk.

Sometimes I see I have no real interest in a particular person, so I don't see a reason to keep on communicating. But you can either stop mailing at once, or let it die slowly.
Sometimes there is a big interest, even from both sides, and it stops too after a while. That hurts. But having no one to begin with is not such an ideal situation either. Sometimes I'm alone for the entire day and no one mails me, so.. I get quite dependent.

NearMe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

Hello,
I always wanted an email friend, and i would still like one. i sometimes feel so lonely and isolated, and just want to talk to someone online, wait for a message and replay... ... ... if someone would like to chat with me, or be friends with of online, send of a pm here on wrondplanet. ... :]

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 5:26 am

InterestingIsabella wrote:
no one really talks to me online and i feel like i have no friends :( and yes i am online most of the time on the weekend and yes i do know i need to work on that

Don't feel bad about yourself, seems like you have received some positive responses from females around your age. At your age it's better to maintain a few friendships and focus on your studies instead of becoming involved in High school drama or gossip which could negatively affect your grades.