Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

DEdwards
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

I finally have a could of friends! It's very interesting wanting to go out with peers and spend time with them. I've recently gotten into Dungeons and Dragons and I've been doing that once a week for a couple of months and as it happens, I'm pretty good at it. I was even invited to an "anti-super bowl party" where we bring really bad but edible food to the party, drink beer and not watch the game even though it's playing on a very small standard def. TV.

I do get concerned from time to time they merely tolerate my presence and company so I find myself wanting to buy their friendship by giving them things or treating them to events and the like.

One of my friends said something very nice to me the other night; "I'm proud to call you my friend. You are one of the nicest guys I know"

Thanks for reading.

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:18 am

DEdwards wrote:
...so I find myself wanting to buy their friendship by giving them things or treating them to events and the like.

I wouldn't necessarily call this buying friendship, but just being a generous friend. But, do not be to a fault. I think so long as it's done in moderation, it's okay. It really depends on what you're giving them or where you're taking them.

It's a give-and-take with friendships.

Good luck! :)